Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark22

papaya for scars

Guest Scorpioness

I have been using mashed papaya as a mask for the past three days and I like the results. I did a lactic peel today for the first time in a couple of weeks. I followed it up with a mask I made of mashed papaya and raw manuka honey. The results are awesome. My skin looks smoother and has a glow to it.... much more so than when following the lactic peel up with copper peptides or PureDeming gel. I did follow up my papaya/manuka honey mask with the PureDeming gel, which I have on my face now. :-)

This has been an intense facial day! Hopefully it shows when I go out tonight. :-)

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Scorpio,

Yes- I've sometimes wondered about the real papaya too... :-k like I go to the grocery store and think hmm..should I mash this at home and put on my face..but I decided to just go with the zia natural.

Ha.ha..I went to my derm today and I told him I'm using glycolic 30% he asked me..where'd you get it? I'm like "the internet" he.he...he was just smiled in disbelief and shook his head.

I'm gonna alternate the papaya and pumpkin every other day and leave them on overnight instead of 20 mins. So far it works like magic.

Blah!! biggrin.gif

I just decided to forget about the fact that I was slightly broken out and use the Papaya soap on my whole face. Guess WHAT????!!!! It has cleared me up! Not a single blemish. The first time I used it there was just a slight tingle around my mouth. Now my whole face tingles and feels so smooth and looks really rosy. I can't stop touching my skin. The verdict is still out on the scars but this is pretty good!

Update on papaya soap: I've been using it twice a day, morning and night. Last night, I left it on until I could feel a slight tingling (above my upper lip area and cheeks). After I washed it off, I felt a slight tingling and tautness on my cheeks. No change in scars but I really don't expect to see any difference there for some time. Like any other treatment method, I think I need to put in a lot of time and patience. But I do like this soap.

When you're using the papaya enzyme mask, be sure to ALWAYS apply on a damp face. The moisture/water supposedly activates the enzymes. Also, try not to scoop up the mask with a wet finger. The miosture could affect the contents left in the jar. Either use a spatula or a plastic spoon. Also, I've read that it helps to spritz water on your face if the mask feels dry on your face. The water will revigorate the enzymes.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I massage my damp face for about 3-5 minutes with my mud papaya mask. When I rinse it off, I massage it again with about the same amount of time.

Guest Scorpioness
Scorpio,

Yes- I've sometimes wondered about the real papaya too... :-k like I go to the grocery store and think hmm..should I mash this at home and put on my face..but I decided to just go with the zia natural.

Ha.ha..I went to my derm today and I told him I'm using glycolic 30% he asked me..where'd you get it? I'm like \"the internet\" he.he...he was just smiled in disbelief and shook his head.

I'm gonna alternate the papaya and pumpkin every other day and leave them on overnight instead of 20 mins. So far it works like magic.

Blah!!  :D

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

wonder which one is more potent...the natural fruit or the stuff we buy at the store (like my zia).

I don't like using the real fruit cause it's messy.

Somebody else mentioned Yogurt also?

Guest Scorpioness

Obi...

yogurt... I think that was footprint who mentioned it but there has been more than one mention of it (For the lactic acid, I believe....).

The papaya isn't messy, just cut a peice off, and rub the fruity side of the peel against your face to rub in the juice and discard the rest in the garbage disposal, wrap the rest of the papaya in plastic wrap and back it goes in the fridge for later use.

Papayas have always been known to be a powerful digestive enzyme... it's in the top 4 in terms of fruit from what I have been told by a nutritionist.... the others are mangos, kiwis and pineapples... each contains different enzymes which have their own purpose.

There is a possibility that the fruit has a higher enzyme content than most of the products out there... since enzymes die really easily. Enzymes are alive in foods that are raw and fresh... cook them or process them and the enzymes die. Zia may use a concentrated form of papain (papaya enzyme) that makes their mask more 'active.' I'd be interested in seeing how you feel the fruit compares to the Zia mask. If the mask is that much better, I will have to invest. :-)

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Obi...

yogurt... I think that was footprint who mentioned it but there has been more than one mention of it (For the lactic acid, I believe....).

The papaya isn't messy, just cut a peice off, and rub the fruity side of the peel against your face to rub in the juice and discard the rest in the garbage disposal, wrap the rest of the papaya in plastic wrap and back it goes in the fridge for later use.

Papayas have always been known to be a powerful digestive enzyme... it's in the top 4 in terms of fruit from what I have been told by a nutritionist.... the others are mangos, kiwis and pineapples... each contains different enzymes which have their own purpose.  

There is a possibility that the fruit has a higher enzyme content than most of the products out there... since enzymes die really easily. Enzymes are alive in foods that are raw and fresh... cook them or process them and the enzymes die. Zia may use a concentrated form of papain (papaya enzyme) that makes their mask more 'active.' I'd be interested in seeing how you feel the fruit compares to the Zia mask. If the mask is that much better, I will have to invest. :-)

Guest Scorpioness
Forgot one thing- how long did you leave it on? With my papaya mask I can actually go to sleep after it dried out. I don't think I can do that with a real papaya mask.

Scorpion_Vixen........how are you doing? (I'm not gonna ask Obi because I've been messing with him all yesterday and today, lol)

I guess I'm gonna have to go grocery shopping and get a papaya and try this too. I want to get my skin in top shape for next week (I just ordered the TCA complex) so I can start shedding again, lol.

Anyhow, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

but I do want you to mess with me all the time sad.gif

biggrin.gif/

Ok- sorry- let's go back to original topic again smile.gif

Tried curryboys papaya soap this morning - must have left it on for 2 minutes b4 washing off as I can't say I felt any tingling. Then I applied puredeming gel (which I have on now) and there is a lot more tingling than usual, so I guess the papaya soap helped that.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Scorpio,

I think it WAS the papaya. I broke out one pimple after wearing my mask overnight, but the rest of my skin looks slightly better.

For some reason I notice more pores on my face after using the Retina Micro? :-k

Also you guys think it's a good investment to buy a soft and really good wash cloth for your face? Cause once you put on peels and retina, your face is prone to more scarring and more sensitive? So using your normal towel maybe too harsh?

For some reason I notice more pores on my face after using the Retina Micro? :-k quote]

Obi,

When I was using Renova (cream version of Retina-A) my pores became huge! They seem better now that I halted the Renova use. I sometimes spot treat the scars w/ the Renova to avoid the HUGE pore syndrome! BTW I would use a gentle cloth on your skin! (and may the force be with you.... 8-[ )

My face feels very smooth this morning (used the papaya soap twice yesterday). I'm going to buy a few bars off curryboy and use it as a body soap too - I think it would make a great body exfoliator.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
For some reason I notice more pores on my face after using the Retina Micro? :-k quote]

Obi' date='

When I was using Renova (cream version of Retina-A) my pores became huge! They seem better now that I halted the Renova use. I sometimes spot treat the scars w/ the Renova to avoid the HUGE pore syndrome! BTW I would use a gentle cloth on your skin! (and may the force be with you.... 8-[ )[/quote']

Hmmm.. :-k yeah, I'll buy a nice cloth next time. Yeah, I noticed my pores and texture are getting rougher sad.gif :-s I thought this was supposed to help me wth my scars, unless it does help them by creating more? #-o

So- I think pongwench said that you're not supposed to use moisturizer cause you DO want the flaking, but I still want to use sun-screen hope this is still ok, cause sunscreen feels like a moisturizer to me.

Obi

P.S "may the force be with you"--I think I've heard this in a film somewhere :-k

Guest Tracy
Yeah, I noticed my pores and texture are getting rougher sad.gif  :-s I thought this was supposed to help me wth my scars, unless it does help them by creating more?  #-o
Guest ObiWontonKenoli

damn it...this is AFTER I shell out fiddy greens for my Retina! ](*,)

Probably if I don't do it every other day and let my skin heals a bit it won't be so bad. :-k

OK - my update on the papaya soap (ouch!!)

I used it Saturday, morning and night - each time leaving it a couple of minutes (coz I didn't feel that much tingling) - on Sunday morning, my face had a slight sunburn feel to it (but did not look pink or irritated) - so I did the papaya soap again, this time massaging it in and around my face for around 3 minutes.... after, I covered in jojoba oil, makeup, sunscreen etc.. - I went on a day trip and didn't see a mirror all day - got home last night and my whole face was peeling!!! There were big white flakes of skin shedding off my chin, cheeks, nose and forhead.

Wow, this stuff is STRONG! I'm pretty shocked - it is stronger than lactic peels or mandelic for sure - but the flakiness caused has no burn (like glycolic) to it - no redness under it, just the skin feeling tight and plenty of flaking. I see this as a good sign, I can imagine red marks being sloughed off very quickly.

Also, I had I pimple on my upper lip area - this papaya soap has casued the whole pimple to fall off, the site of the pimple is now pink and flat - how cool is that?!! biggrin.gif

Although this isn't touted as an acne cure, I also see that this can help acne too. This papaya soap is another winner in my book of cheap tricks. =D>

Go easy though, unless you want to become snake woman. biggrin.gif

Wow, 3 mins, maybe I should try that. I only leave it on for 30 seconds, 1 min max. I'm scared I will turn into a snake too! haha. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to write about it; I'm glad you like how it makes your skin feel. I knew this is a good product, but I have no idea in how to market it to the people.

So, I guess it's now called Curryboy's Papaya Soap? haha, that sounds funny....:-)

Yes, they make great gift, too! Although it says I don't ship international, I will make a change to the policies soon. Thanks again Maya, I truly appreciate you taking the time and trying something new.

Oh - I'm going to put in my order and bids now. I'm going to get 3 bars and exfoliate my body!! I'm going to give a bar to a friend too - make great Xmas present.

So how is this soap from ebay different than the one found on google? Since mandelic is slow with exfoliation and lactic only makes my skin blotchy, and obagi makes my skin too reddish, I need something that will peel me like a snake....

I agree with you, Maya. I think the soaps would make great "exotic" holiday gifts for my friends. I actually purchased several soaps from curryboy yesterday, a couple for myself and some for my friends. My husband seems to like the soap too. He's been using the soaps twice a day and the sample I got is dwindling down fast. Although I feel that it would take quite a while to see results and the soap alone would probably not reduce scars dramatically, I feel it is a good exfoliator and great to use before applying other treatment products.