Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark22

papaya for scars

Guest Tracy

I live in California, so I'll probably receive mine tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I'm looking forward to trying this as well.

Also, MAYA: I love your new sig. Very positive and profound. Good choice.

On this ebay listing it first says to use it only twice daily but further down it says to use it once a week. So which is it?

And why is it not good to use it if you have active acne?

Thanks.

hulloah i tried the soap for the first time today since it came in mail; first i opened the package and discovered bubble wrap! (sweet) after i bored of the bubble wrap i examined the soap closely. it's rock-hard (like a brick), has a brick shape (like a brick) and has a funky smell that nearly made me faint the first time (unlike a brick). so then i tried it and hum.... the instructions were something like "wet soap and ptu lather on2 face" I COULD NOT MAKE IT LATHER it was like this weird, weak, wimpy lather and i was like "gah sad.gif" then the instructions say "wait one minute or until tingly sensations begins", i waited two minutes and noticed nothing so i gave up and started washing it off, of course then i noticed the tingly sensation. then i read the final instructions that are highlighted "THIS SOAP IS NOT MEANT FOR SKIN WITH ACNE". I was like "shit i'm 16, 16 = acne, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", but my acne's pretty mild nowadays so im not too worried about it, if i breakout ill stop using it. it didn't do anything for my scars, but it's only been one application. i did notice it made my hands and face really soft (cool).

Guest Tracy

I haven't gotten mine yet.....I'm hoping it'll come today. I'm excited to try it.

I couldn't stand the suspense. I'm only slightly broken out on one cheek so I lathered up the rest of my face and left the suds on for a full minute, but no tingle? I rinsed off and boy, my skin feels soooo soft and smooth. It is worth it for that alone. We'll see about the scars though.

Thanks Curryboy!

Anna

Guest Tracy

I received my sample of papaya soap this morning!! Yay!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks Curryboy!!

Guest Tracy

Veronica,

Could you please list the ingredients on the box of that bar of soap?

Thanks.

I wonder why no one has asked Pure Deming about this soap? They seem to carry a lot of natural things, and Papya soap is defintly natural. Maybe they can get a good soap and hook it up

Maya, i am no drama queen!!!!! i just express myself more (antimately?) then others!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111 =P~

update: i stopped using the soap cuz i noticed i had a breakout along my hairline area, i think this may be due to my new hair gel though, but jus to b xtra safe i stopped both until the breakout clears then ill try one and the other~~~~

I received my sample of the papaya soap yesterday afternoon (thanks again curryboy!) and started using it last night. It has a peculiar scent, not at all a "papaya" scent - it reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on what. It lathers pretty well. I lathered the soap in my hands first, then on my face. I lathered it vigorously and left it on my face for a couple of minutes. I felt a slight tingling sensation around my mouth and, strangely, above my eyebrows. The tingling was nothing major, just a very slight sensation. The lather disappeared into the skin and my face felt kinda taut, as if I had on a facial mask or something. I washed it off and my face felt very clean. I applied the papaya enzyme mask afterwards and when I washed that off, my face felt super smooth.

This morning, I used the soap again but this time, I did not feel any tingling. I washed it off after a couple of minutes and applied the PureDeming Intense Gel. Afterwards, my skin again felt very smooth.

I think I will continue using the sample and see where it takes me. I think it is too soon to say whether it will work on my scars.

Although I still have my scars, all the information I got from this message board and all the products I've used based on recommendations have really helped my "normal" skin look much clearer and healthier. I think I was so obsessed with my scars and over-exfoliating, that I was ignoring the overall appearance of skin. The PureDeming gel especially has helped my skin look much healthier. My scars are still there but somehow I think I look a bit better. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I'll continue to update on my "soap journey". I have a lot more hope than I used to that oneday my skin will look decent again.

Hello Tracy:

The ingredients in the Grisi brand Papaya Soap are:

-neutral soap

-papaya extract

-lanolin

-cold cream/fragrance

-color

If you do a search, you can find info regarding this company's products on-line. Worth a try, exfoliates like a charm! And sooo inexpensive.

- Veronica

I've received my papaya soap - thanks curryboy - I won't use it for a week or so as I need to recover from the TCA Cross first, but I will report here when I have done so.

I was just looking in 'Boots the Chemist' the other day and saw a new product by Joleen which is meant to be used after shaving (underarms/legs) and it is supposed to make your skin very smooth - I looked at the ingredients and the main one was linked with Papaya.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I used the zia papaya mask last night, but the difference is I left it OVERNIGHT..yep..my skin feels pretty damn smooth and looking better this morning.

Origins Never A Dull Moment Facial Scrub has papaya as its main ingredient. You can use it as a mask, as well as a, well, scrub. First, leave it on for a few minutes, then scrub. I bought a jar 4.4oz for 20quid. It lasts a long time. Had it for ages.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I can share some of mine with you girl! I got you covered biggrin.gif (man, this is weird like we're girlfriends or something) *obi talks with Valley girl voice*

biggrin.gif

:lol::lol::lol: So when are we gonna get together and do our facials?? Then I can give you a manicure and a pedicure and let my little girls do your hair.....(you'd be surprised at how creative they can get even with very short hair!)
Guest ObiWontonKenoli

They do dreads or not?

I mentioned this to my co-workers earlier "boy...I tried this nice papaya enzyme peel last night- this morning my skin looks great...that stuff is fhhaaaabuh-lous!!" They were smile.gif but :-s :-k at me at the same time biggrin.gif

I don't care! My face looks awesome! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Just got back from my derm...got a prescription for Retina Micro .1% for my scars [-o<

Next smoothbeam appt: Jan 9th. Lowered settings to 12-13 with some 14 test spots (no more glycolic for me. I'm switching).