Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark22

papaya for scars

Well I tried to find them on the internet and I couldn't. I would like to buy this soap (if I can find it)!!!! Can I buy it thru this store you get it from in Hawaii??? Maybe they can send it to me? On the box of this soap is there any information on where to get it?? [-o<

Thanks!!

I think there are a few people besides myself who would be interested in trying this soap. We probably all have a skin/scar regimen which include various products and procedures and I think including this soap (which contains an ingredient known to be good for reducing scars) would be an inexpensive but worthwhile experiment (for, let's face it, we are all experimenting with our faces at this stage). I don't think it would interfere with other products and, being a soap, I am guessing it won't be too much of a burden on our wallets. The problem is how to get hold of it.

Curryboy, do you have any suggestions on how we (those interested in the soap) can get hold of some? The company you mentioned, I am not quite sure if it is the original brand name of the soap or the company which imports/distributes it or the health store chain which carries it. Could you give us the original Philipino brand name it goes by, the name, telephone numbers or website, if any, of the company or stores that carry this soap? If we contact the store, would they be open to shipping the soap? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

And, if I might make a suggestion... I don't know if you are the one who is selling this soap on ebay... but if you are...instead of having to bid for one soap and waiting around a week to see if we can buy it or not, why not have several soaps on ebay with the "buy now" option? That way, people who are interested in it can buy the soap immediately. If you are not the seller, then my apologies. I don't even know if I am allowed to make suggestions on how to sell stuff here... I hope I am not breaking any rules. I don't want to sound too obsessed about trying this soap but I really would like to give it a try. O:)

Papain can be irriating. I haven't bought the linked papain stuff, when I leave it on my face too long and it becomes red and puffy. This happened to my friend too... It's helpful - just be careful, you can irritate your skin if you overdo it.

Bromelain (from pineapples) is also supposed to be good for skin.

I am from the Philippines and there are many different brands of papaya soaps in here but they are marketed as whitening soaps. This is actually my first time to learn that it is also good for acne scars :-k

Here's some links to the available papaya soaps here:

http://www.likasherbals.com/

http://www.pureskin.com.ph/

http://www.ysa.com.ph/products/papaya_soap.html

http://www.splash.com.ph/html/Product%20Ca...as%20Papaya.htm

Oh dear. Why is it so difficult to get information about this soap? I have been doing research on the internet (thank you, grace) and there does seem to be quite a few brands out there. But, as with all things, I have a feeling not all papaya soaps are created equal and would like to at least try this soap in particular. Surely it is not that exclusive? Is there anyone out there with information?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Somebody here suggested Zia's Papaya enzyme peel mask.

I got it yesterday along with other stuff at the nature's store near my area. Spent 50 bux total (Enzyme peel mask, Aloe/Sulfur/multivitamin soal, Primerose Oil, Alfafa capsules for toxic cleansing). Today I added the Pumpkin exfoliator with some mineral (just sample for $4 bux). I like the combination so far.

I know I was advised not to use papaya enzyme with hydroquinone at the same time. But my skin is really resilient to this type of stuff so I've been religiously putting the hydro and washing my face so far. I've been off the BP and the Trireduction for a bit since my last SB(about three weeks ago).

Spots are reducing (from the SB) and face is getting smoother. I'm continually and trying to patiently do it daily so my face can go back to where it was before the SB. Hopefully by the time I'm cleared up from all the spots I would've gained just a bit improvement from the SB.

I'm stubborn-I'll go for the 3rd treatment within the next three weeks I think, but with lower setting (perhaps go back to 12 or 13).

Guest Scorpioness

I don't know if the enzymes are alive in canned pumpkin... but I bought a can of pure pumpkin and used some of it at as a mask. I know pumpkin is really high in vitamin a. My face was very smooth to the touch after that. Definately worth the dollar fifty or so I spent at the grocery store.

Maya, Anna, Tracy76567, Divegod, Butterfli, dilemma: I will be sending you guys the soap tomorrow morning. I just used a knife and chopped off a piece from the bar. Sorry if it is irregularly shaped.

Meanwhile, please check out my auctions on ebay. Just do a search for "papaya soap" and you'll find it. My new ebay ID is papayasoap.

Guest Tracy
Maya, Anna, Tracy76567, Divegod, Butterfli, dilemma: I will be sending you guys the soap tomorrow morning. I just used a knife and chopped off a piece from the bar. Sorry if it is irregularly shaped.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Meanwhile, please check out my auctions on ebay. Just do a search for \"papaya soap\" and you'll find it. My new ebay ID is papayasoap.

Thanks curryboy - I look forward to getting the soap.

One thing I need to tell you is that I am doing some invasive stuff to my face for the next 6-12 months (TCA Cross) - I don't think I can risk doing strong exfoliation on my face in that time. But I will try the soap out on my stomach (still have slight stretchmarks) and maybe get my b/f to try it out (he has great skin already but he can test it for extra smoothness).

My AHA wash is made from the papaya. It's pretty good. I use it every day.

I was just reading a book on enzymes last night before I ever even looked at this thread, and it had a whole list of enzymes used to treat scarring. I'm pretty sure one was the papain.

There was a cream(not papaya) you were supposed to use. Let me know if you want to know more about the enzyme therapy.

~Emma

P.S I was just in Hawaii a few months ago--wish I knew about the papya soap!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I was reading one of the exfoliators that I was gonna buy. One of the ingredients was lactic acid (buttermilk). So I was wondering if washing your face daily with buttermilk would clean your skin too?

Cause I know in ancient Egypt, the princess was known to take 'milk bath' for their soft skin.

Hey Obi - my b/fs mum said that she knows people who use milk that's gone off/sour milk to exfoliate with - that has lactic acid.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Maya,

I'd probably just use fresh buttermilk.

Bad milk smells like...well....

Thanks curryboy! I am really looking forward to trying it out. I was thinking of bidding on ebay for the soap but I went out to dinner on Saturday night and only remembered about it after the listing was closed. Wonder who bought it? Anyway, thanks again. Will let you know when I receive it. Oh, I have started using the papaya enzyme mask from Zia and I like it. Smells yummy too. It seems to be pretty gentle (no redness or irritation) so I use it 3-4 times a week. The instructions say that it is best to use 5-20 minutes at first then 20-40 minutes, 2-3 times a week, but gentle enough to use everyday. I think everyday is a bit too much.

Hey Obi - my b/fs mum said that she knows people who use milk that's gone off/sour milk to exfoliate with - that has lactic acid.

I use yogurt sometimes smile.gif

Hi Curryboy,

I just received my soap! I am really anxious to try it but I am a bit broken out and the warning against using it while broken out is very clear. I really appreciate it and will report just as soon as I can.

Thanks again!

Anna