Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ness27

Chemical Peels

Hello All,

I'm interested in using an at home chemical peel. I would like to know if anyone has tried this and if so...which type? I had a few in office chemical peels completed(30% beta lift peel), but that got way too expensive for me. I must say...it did work! I'm intrested in a TCA peel, which I do know is a much deeper peel. Please reply with any comment, suggestions, or testimonials. Thanks... :dance:

Thanks Beany....Do you know the level you used and what types of results(how long) etc. Please reply. Just trying to get all available info. I've never used TCA, just Beta...thanks again

quote name='beany' date='Dec 5 2006, 05:49 PM' post='1538315']

i use tca latte from perfectcomplexion.net they have really good products id look into that

hey there I got a sensi peel. It was for sensitive skin and i believe it was a TCA peel. I did three series of it and it made my skin absolutely red and sensitive. and the peeling is so uncomfortable. I dont think i would rec. if ur skin is very sensitive and still have active acne. I believe chemical peels are those who are clear and want to work on there skin texture and tone.. but u should give it a try if u think it'll work for u.. goodluck with it.

***THANKS*** I will do some research on the sensi peel! Do you have any other recommendations for me?

hey there I got a sensi peel. It was for sensitive skin and i believe it was a TCA peel. I did three series of it and it made my skin absolutely red and sensitive. and the peeling is so uncomfortable. I dont think i would rec. if ur skin is very sensitive and still have active acne. I believe chemical peels are those who are clear and want to work on there skin texture and tone.. but u should give it a try if u think it'll work for u.. goodluck with it.

***THANKS*** I will do some research on the sensi peel! Do you have any other recommendations for me?

I have done Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and TCA peels. I recommend doing at home Glycolic Acid peels (30%, pH ~2.3) if you haven't done them yourself first. TCA, even at 12% is very strong and you need to be confident that you can handle the peeling procedure and not panic if you feel excessive pain. The TCA WILL cause pain and redness, but it is the most effective peel you can get. Don't expect to go anywhere for about a week or so post peel or you may frighten young children. I am in the aftermath of doing 2 TCA Peels 1 day apart. My skin is still peeling 5 days later, and will continue to peel for 2-3 more days. I did 2 peels right after another because the bottle is almost empty and I've had it for about 1 year now. It becomes neutralized with air, so having the bottle opened while applying it to my face has reduced the effectiveness of the remnants over time. I have gotten maybe 10 full face peels from the bottle, which cost about $55 from makeupartistschoice.com. I use a qtip to apply the acid to my face and wash with the included green tea bar of soap to neutralize it after the peel is over. Be sure to wash your face first. The very first TCA Peel I did I left on for about 3-5 minutes (it takes about 5 minutes to apply) and it hurt ALOT. If you don't like the pain, take an aspirin a few minutes before you do the peel. Post peel, my skin becomes "plasticized", very hard and tight, with no visible pores. As long as the skin is kept moist with a very good moisturizer/petroleum jelly/vitamin e, then it will be fine and start peeling about 2 days later. The skin will peel in large chunks. Just don't pull on any hanging skin because the skin underneath the "leathery" top is raw and you may permanently scar it, which I've done but fixed with subsequent peels. My skin ALWAYS darkens, like a severe sunburn on the areas I have put the TCA, but it ALL comes off when it peels and the skin tone revealed is much more even than before. If your skin gets a white "frosting", don't be alarmed, as it happens to me too. In those areas I know that I am getting the best results. If an icepick or a shallow boxcar gets a frosting around the edge, when it heals it will always be much better, and sometimes the scar is even gone.

Guest txsoccergirl1976

Hello all. I purchased the Cosmelan Depigmentation Pack which I applied at home. I am absolutely amazed with the results.... It has been 29 day since I used the mask. I continue to us the Cosmelan 2 daily. My dark marks are 97% gone and my acne is too!! I am totally confident that they will be 100% gone soon. This product only cost me 375.00 for the complete pack/kit, but is is worth so so much more. I have tried so many things and am so relieved to have finally for the magic cure for those ugly marks that have been on my face for so long. I feel as though I have a brand new face. My family is totally amazed. My husband is treating me like a brand new wife, and we have been married for 6 years.

Oh yeah.

I bought the Depigmentation treatment at the following site and they sell the Cosmelan 2 maintainence cream for 140.00. Saw it on ebay too.

www buycosmelan com

I paid using Paypal and recieved my package in 4 days.

Signing off-to go and stare at myself in the mirror. LOL.

Tina

I have done tca peels before. Initially i bought 30% which i thought worked quite well. Bought a 2nd batch from the same lady off ebay and its not as good :( you are supposed to dilute it yourself, so maybe i have made it too weak? either way im not getting the white "frost over" several minutes after application like i did with the first lot. Might try a stronger peel tonight methinks.

To answer your question though, TCA peels are awesome =)

Hello all. I purchased the Cosmelan Depigmentation Pack which I applied at home. I am absolutely amazed with the results.... It has been 29 day since I used the mask. I continue to us the Cosmelan 2 daily. My dark marks are 97% gone and my acne is too!! I am totally confident that they will be 100% gone soon. This product only cost me 375.00 for the complete pack/kit, but is is worth so so much more. I have tried so many things and am so relieved to have finally for the magic cure for those ugly marks that have been on my face for so long. I feel as though I have a brand new face. My family is totally amazed. My husband is treating me like a brand new wife, and we have been married for 6 years.

Oh yeah.

I bought the Depigmentation treatment at the following site and they sell the Cosmelan 2 maintainence cream for 140.00. Saw it on ebay too.

www buycosmelan com

I paid using Paypal and recieved my package in 4 days.

Signing off-to go and stare at myself in the mirror. LOL.

Tina