Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive just bought some baking soda and am going to mix it with my cleanser to act as an exfoliant. anyone got any tips on how much i should use, and how often?

I was told that you should use sugar as an exfoliant. Just get some packets of regular sugar next time you are out to eat and use 1-2 packs with your cleanser. It is supposed to be less harsh and better for your skin. This was told to me when I was having a facial...she was a professional skin person (cant remember the word!). Plus, you can get the little packs for free!

Ha! I just used baking soda the other night...I put some in a cup and put juuust enough freshwater in it to make it pastey - so it sits on your face. I put it in areas where I have blackheads and left it on for about 2 minutes...it worked pretty well. If i let it sit longer, i suppose it would have removed all blackheads. Skin felt a little funky afterwards...but it worked nicely

Fugazi, you said you put the mixture where you had blackheads. Did it help to clear them up at all and how long did you leave it on?

I was told that you should use sugar as an exfoliant.  Just get some packets of regular sugar next time you are out to eat and use 1-2 packs with your cleanser.  It is supposed to be less harsh and better for your skin.  This was told to me when I was having a facial...she was a professional skin person (cant remember the word!).  Plus, you can get the little packs for free!

I've used sugar...gotta be careful if it clumps! OUCH. (I kept a bowl in the bathroom and I think it got to moist or something.)

I do like baking soda...only use a very little bit and mix it with your cleanser so it won't scratch your face.

Both are great..and cheap! biggrin.gif

Ha! I just used baking soda the other night...I put some in a cup and put juuust enough freshwater in it to make it pastey - so it sits on your face. I put it in areas where I have blackheads and left it on for about 2 minutes...it worked pretty well. If i let it sit longer, i suppose it would have removed all blackheads. Skin felt a little funky afterwards...but it worked nicely