Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
POCAHONTAS

Best Mineral Makeup

I have ice pick and rolling acne scars. I have tried Clinique, Cornsilk, MAC, Bare Minerals, and Jane Iredale makeup without success. I tried to order Joppa Minerals, but they never sent me my order. I would like to try a mineral makeup that won't break me out and will provide covergae for my scars. Which one should I try?

Thanks so much!

I have ice pick and rolling acne scars. I have tried Clinique, Cornsilk, MAC, Bare Minerals, and Jane Iredale makeup without success. I tried to order Joppa Minerals, but they never sent me my order. I would like to try a mineral makeup that won't break me out and will provide covergae for my scars. Which one should I try?

Thanks so much!

lauress cosmetics. they have a TON of shades and the coverage is very buildable, as well as very matte (not shiny like bare minerals)

www.lauress.com

they have sample sizes so you can try before you buy!

for some reason bare minerals worked really well with my skin

i think like i gave it another try. thankfully

its improving it. and today i justcouldnt believe how well my skin looked.

i was happy.

i hadn't liked it before.but now i do

Thanks so much!

I just started using Aubrey Nicole from advice from other previous posts regarding mineral makeup. I tried Bare Escentuals in the past and found that the coverage was lacking and that it made me too shiny. But, after a week, I really like this makeup. I think the coverage is terrific, I have no problem concealing, and it doesn't seem to be settling into my scars of fine lines. And, it lasts all day.

I ordered the deluxe samples, but I am sure that I'll be ordering the whole line once they're gone!

good luck...

Yes, I second the Aubrey Nicole. I've seen other posts here about acne scarring and how people were pleased with how it concealed and the coverage. I personally like it because it covers my rosacea and it not heavy looking at all. Very natural and lasts all day.

Good luck - there are so many and everyone has their own reasons for liking the one they are using.

Intresting , do mineral make up help with making scars look better or cover it at all ?

I suppose it depends on the scars. I find that the makeup covers my ice pick scars pretty well. I don't find that it settles into the lines or scars.

Intresting , do mineral make up help with making scars look better or cover it at all ?

I suppose it depends on the scars. I find that the makeup covers my ice pick scars pretty well. I don't find that it settles into the lines or scars.

I have lots of ice pick scars on my cheeks , what make up do you use?

BTW, do any of these products help with flaking, peeling skin?

Thanks!

flaking, peeling could still show with makeup. makeup is probably to even out the colour of your skin tone. the way to combat dry skin is by hydrating your face with a good moisturizer. I used to have flaking skin from either using BP or from using a bad drying product.

The way to solve this is by NOT using the product that dries your skin (it does more harm than good, mine had alcohol, now i know it's bad), and getting a good moisturizer. At some point in my life, I was using salicylic acid (morning/night) and benzoid peroxide (night), and the first morning, I ended up with flaky skin. So that same night, I started using jojoba oil on my face. It was amazing, I never had a problem with flaky skin.