Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you think drinking kombucha/green tea already dried for hot tea is effective? Do I need to make my own kombucha tea for it to work?

Has anyone tried it as a topical?

Thanks

Well, Kombucha tea isn't from a leaf. It comes from fermenting sweetened tea in a vat of tea plus a "culture" that pretty much looks like The Blob. You ferment it until the sugar is digested; it's quite good. I've been consuming Kombucha for a year and a half.

I tried applying it to my skin but to be honest.....it made me dizzy and gave me headaches when I did...I have NO IDEA why (shrugs shoulders).

Its pretty good cleansing you out. And helped me at the infamation of a zit. And gives an all around nice complexion. The thing I notice the most from it compared to regular green tea was the digestion part. And yes the taste is good. Squeeze the juice out the teabag as well. Alteast that what the directions on mine said.

Oh and never drink it on a empty stomach. I did then went to work and felt sick.

Well, Kombucha tea isn't from a leaf. It comes from fermenting sweetened tea in a vat of tea plus a "culture" that pretty much looks like The Blob. You ferment it until the sugar is digested; it's quite good. I've been consuming Kombucha for a year and a half.

I tried applying it to my skin but to be honest.....it made me dizzy and gave me headaches when I did...I have NO IDEA why (shrugs shoulders).

The tea is store bought. It's by Yogi, says green tea Kombucha.

Kombucha is effective if the tea is made properly. Sometimes I drink it to relieve stomach aches after a big meal. It seems to give me a boost of energy, so I tend to have a few ounces before breakfast. The chemical profile of the tea is impressive for what it is.

The tea is store bought. It's by Yogi, says green tea Kombucha.

Then they are being dishonest.... :D Read the ingredients. There is really no such thing as Kombucha tea apart from the fermenting process. If you are talking about BOTTLED TEA, then I can understand THAT. But if it's boxed Yogi tea (in tea bags) and the box says says "kombucha extract" as an ingredient or something, I don't know if there is something such as Kombucha extract (unless they concentrate some tea or something). Plus, how would the Kombucha be put into powder form and still be kept fermented...... :think:

Mine tasted like apple juice mixed with Canada Dry. It really was quite tasty. I brew beer and other things I can't say so I'm familiar with fermentation and I liked to experiment with the ingredients. It was hard to get the mother from the new layer sometimes(Other times the upper layer dried out and there was nothing I could do except for push it back down anytime I caught it) and it was even harder to explain to girls what the hell this gross stuff was in my fridge. The latter was mainly what made me stop making it. Other teas like Matcha, white, pu-erh and rooibos has given me much better results as well.

Mine tasted like apple juice mixed with Canada Dry. It really was quite tasty. I brew beer and other things I can't say so I'm familiar with fermentation and I liked to experiment with the ingredients. It was hard to get the mother from the new layer sometimes(Other times the upper layer dried out and there was nothing I could do except for push it back down anytime I caught it) and it was even harder to explain to girls what the hell this gross stuff was in my fridge. The latter was mainly what made me stop making it. Other teas like Matcha, white, pu-erh and rooibos has given me much better results as well.

You have to keep the culture wet all over or it will dry out and it will not multiply. You just have to swish the tea around to keep the culture covered by the tea.....

The bottom layer that you always transplant into a new bath was under water. It's just the upper layer that floated tot he top and dried. It was annoying.

Anyway you hardly need anything to make a new batch, not even a square inch of the stuff.

The bottom layer that you always transplant into a new bath was under water. It's just the upper layer that floated tot he top and dried. It was annoying.

Anyway you hardly need anything to make a new batch, not even a square inch of the stuff.

But I wasn't talking about the bottom part.....the TOP of the culture has to stay wet, which is why I said you have to swish it around in the tea solution and keep it wet all the time...ESPECIALLY the top; either it will dry out as you said, or will be prone to mold if you don't. That's what I'm saying.....