Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric07

Eric's Accutane log

Day 23

haven't updated in a while.. been real busy with break just starting and christmas's to go to all over.. but now i have pretty much no oil on my face at all, i have maybe 5 active spots on my face, but still lots of redness.. without all this redness crap i'd be 1,000 times happier with my skin that before.. i've gotten 2 bloody noses i think since i last updated, but none in the past 2 days.. well i'll put some pics up in the next couple days.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all!!

Day 40

Today my red marks were evident, which really sucks because last week my face looked nearly clear because i had almost no red marks. i would post the pictures but i don't want to really look at them again because it gets my hopes up too high.. The corners of my mouth are extremely dry, and always cracking. No more bloody noses since last update. Also had a derm appointment, and i couldn't get my perscription bumped up because my triglycerides were high. Well here is a picture of my face today......

1023524725.jpg

Day.......... 59 i think

had a derm. appointment yesterday and finally got my perscription bumped up.. i didn't get it bumped up for last month because my triglycerides were up, and we figured that since they are down so much this month that it was because i did not fast long enough.. i only fasted for about 7-8 hours. but yeah it is finally upped to 80 mg/day, but i haven't seen much improvement over the last few weeks.. currently i have probably 5-6 active spots which are very annoying.. i have begun to quit caring almost for my face because i know nothing i do will work, and only accutane can fix this mess.. and i'll post some pics tomorrow, maybe you guys can tell a difference

Day.......... 59 i think

had a derm. appointment yesterday and finally got my perscription bumped up.. i didn't get it bumped up for last month because my triglycerides were up, and we figured that since they are down so much this month that it was because i did not fast long enough.. i only fasted for about 7-8 hours. but yeah it is finally upped to 80 mg/day, but i haven't seen much improvement over the last few weeks.. currently i have probably 5-6 active spots which are very annoying.. i have begun to quit caring almost for my face because i know nothing i do will work, and only accutane can fix this mess.. and i'll post some pics tomorrow, maybe you guys can tell a difference

hey Eric! Reading your first post, you sounded just like me; terrified! haha. Your results are starting to show, you're looking great! Keep your head up, it's just going to get better from here.

Day 64

well skin is doing good i guess.. red marks aren't as red as past couple weeks. Don't have too much to say nothin is really knew i guess... and here's a pic from about 30 seconds ago

3403472218.jpg

ok the past couple days i have noticed a rash starting.. and now i can really see it.. it is on my upper arms, like arounmd my biceps, and it is small round dark things. they do not really itch very much, but its startin to make me wonder what is going on.. so anyone who knows anything about this please let me know

Your skin looks so much better than when you started, congrats! You might be getting eczema, but I'm not sure cos it's usually itchy. Try putting moisturizer on it, I think what you're talking about is pretty common when on Accutane, so no need to worry. If it gets really bad and you can't treat it with lotion I think you can get a prescription to treat it from your derm when you see them next time.

Day 66

well my rash spread to me forearms, and i called my derm and she said it is probably just mild eczema.. it doesn't itch and has barely any texture it is just really red and she told me just to put cetaphil on it like 5 times a day.. other than that no new active spots or other annoying stuff.. i'm really starting to like this 80 mg a day a lot

Day 67

well my eczema is starting to go away.. i just put cetaphil on it like 20 times today and its getting much less red.. other than that nothing new

Day 75

well eczema is completely gone, has been for a few days, after it had spread to my hands but it never ever got itchy. I can't really notice my face getting better in the last month by looking in the mirror but i can with pictures.. my damn red marks are so annoying they will not go away.. i have had 2 little zits right in the same spot on my chin, but other than that nothing new.. i can almost shave my whole face without having to act like i'm going across a minefield.. but here is a pic also

4419353781.jpg

Hey Eric

I want to comment. You look great. Your skin is looking a lot better than when you first posted pics. AND..you are only at 2.5 months. I heard that it's not until months 3+ you start seeing real results. Good Luck!

Trish

Day 76

well acne looks about the same.. lips are still dry as heck, i can never be without carmex or anything else.. today i took like a 4 hour nap and i am still tired right now but it may be just from a lack of sleep. ok ok

Day 81

well acne is continuing to reduce some of my red marks, but i have a big ol bess coming in on my chin, red as ever. i had a bit of eczema on my arms again but it went away really fast. my lips are extremely dry today and i know its because of the accutane and not the weather now cause it has warmed up a lot. ill post a pic next update

Day 83

well that thing on my chin above turned into a big evil demon, but died down pretty quickly and is already retreating. face is dry as heck still and i have sores around my mouth just because i forgot my carmex at home today and it would split every time i opened my mouth. :chuck:

sorry it took me a while to get back to you. it actually had been a while since i had drank, but I've gone through periods of not drinking, then drank heavily and NOT thrown up multiple times. It felt different. but i guess there is no telling. I actually ended up drinking again last night (only one beer) and I got drunk really fast. I honestly think my liver is under enough stress to make me react very stronly to alcohol.

Day 94

Just got back from the derm's office, and I found out that I'm only on a 5 month treatment, and I for some reason thought the whole time it was a 6 month... So that really got my spirits up that i only have 7 weeks left now.. got my perscription bumped up to 90 mg/day, and my triglicerides were back up a bit to like 220 so i have to keep working out now that basketball is over.. she looked over my face and said i should be completely clear of active spots by the end of this month, but the red marks may take a while longer to heal, which kinda sucks but at least this stuff is working..

just got my perscription and now i am on Claravis instead of sotret... it doesn't really matter to me but i just hope my progress won't slow down at all. face is still the same.. peace

idk what day it is but it sucks... got like 5 active spots.. not sure the reason for the sudden breakout, but i got them yesterday and they are already dying off so its not too bad.. i'll post some pics this weekend or somethin