Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Teacher bullies me! (I'm 19 and can't get help)

im sorry to hear that. i think u should jes hang in there and stay focus and dont think about it too much. I believe that karma will bite him right back in the ass... hope everything goes well...

you shouldnt have to go through this. go to your counselor again to explain what is going on... and like it what was mentioned by someone else, bring a tape recorder in to class.

this is sickening to hear cruelty like this is going on! he has threatened you with physical violence, a teacher to a student, which i'm sure is illegal and definetly is harrasment.

What nationality are you? I can intimidate people by wearing a t-shirt with Arabic writing, when he asks you something keep rudely saying "repeat the question", "What?"; frown at him and scowl, after class as he walks out you can stone him, or put a bunch of tacks on his seat. Ways to show your annoyed at him: relentlessly made clicking sounds with your pen despite everyone else like a complete asshole; bring a bunch of tall black guys with du-rags to give him a talk

you shouldnt have to go through this. go to your counselor again to explain what is going on... and like it what was mentioned by someone else, bring a tape recorder in to class.

this is sickening to hear cruelty like this is going on! he has threatened you with physical violence, a teacher to a student, which i'm sure is illegal and definetly is harrasment.

What nationality are you? I can intimidate people by wearing a t-shirt with Arabic writing, when he asks you something keep rudely saying "repeat the question", "What?"; frown at him and scowl, after class as he walks out you can stone him, or put a bunch of tacks on his seat. Ways to show your annoyed at him: relentlessly made clicking sounds with your pen despite everyone else like a complete asshole; bring a bunch of tall black guys with du-rags to give him a talk

i'm surprised so many people said to respond to him with violence or annoyances. it might just escalate the situation....i would get someone in authority to deal with it, in order to end it.

you could get into some legal issues with bringing a tape recorder into class, as far as i know it isn't legal to record someone without their knowledge, i think video is but audio is not.

Are you in high school?? Because in college it's pretty norm to tape lectures.......any friends at all in that class that would be eye witnesses for you? You are an adult and can legally request a meeting with the school board....go up the chain of command if need be. Did you say what class it was?? Can you switch teaches or take an incomplete for that class? Is there another teacher you trust....peer pressure in the teachers lounge could stop him.

i'm in college, i just know normally in order to audiotape someone they have to consent to it or be aware that they are being recorded. video (surveillance etc.) is fine, but audio isn't for some reason.

Tell the guidance counselor that you are considereing seaking legal council in the matter. Harrassment is not tolerable in an educational establishment.

I'm 19, don't live with my parents, and I'm taking up 3 classes that I need to graduate. I'm being bullied by one of my teachers. I've been to the guidance office and to the principal with the teacher a couple times now. I'm very quiet yet my grades are top-notch. He calls me names, has gotten the class to laugh at me, and has put me in weird conversations that lead him to saying he'll hit me. I believe this is because I talk with a girl schoolmate who sits next to me about makeup, clothes, yoga, and things that point to me being gay. The school says I've got the problem because I can't take a joke. The teacher manipulated the guidance counselor and principal! I've repeatedly said that I don't want to be called a different name and I wish he would respect that and stop. In class I've literally told him to stop calling me names only to be thrown out of the classroom. I can't win. It's like he's encouraging to students to hate me and it's very disturbing because I've never done anything to deserve this! I'm your typical loner except I talk to one schoolmate next to me and I live with my best friend in our apartment.

Please tell me what to do about this. I'm 19 fucking years old for god sakes, living on my own, and I can't escape this homophobic monster. Now when I go to class I'm really jittery and frightened because of the negative attention and the threats. I'm off to school now and I'm at the point where I'm considering dropping out. :cry: Thanks.

When you're in class, you shouldn't be talking to the person next to you. I suppose it's a small class and if he can make out what you're talking about, it's probably disruptive. I've never heard of any teachers like this, especially college level. If that kind of shit was happening in my school, several suits would be filed against the school.

Here's a link to the school resources section of the PFLAG site: http://www.pflag.org/Safe_Schools.829.0.html

Plus, in order to get state funding, I'm pretty sure schools have to adopt an EO/AA statement that they will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. Chances are what he's doing is illegal.

If you've gone to the guidance counselors and the principal and other administrators without solving the issue, you need to bring it before the school board. Chances are the school administrators will help you with this, but raising a big stink with the board will certainly do the trick.

PFLAG's resources: http://www.pflag.org/Resources.124.0.html - you could also attempt to get the ACLU involved. You have lots of options; dropping out shouldn't be one of them.

EDIT: This next thing will serve you well in the working world - document everything. Every name he calls you, every time he kicks you out. You'll need to collect this to prove that you are being harassed and that his behavior goes above and beyond any semblance of what is reasonable. Keep track of the dates and specific events and build a file/folder of everything. Good luck!

aww I am sorry hun:(( :comfort: If I was there, I would so help you to kick his fucking ass. But in reality, I think you should just stick it out and not let it affect your whole college life. its only one class and one teacher. once the grades are final and stuff. I think you should further make a formal complaint about him. But make sure you pass it and stuff:) Also if there are no cameras. I think you should slash his tires :)

The guidance counselor and principal are not doing their jobs- I am a counselor and I am apalled. If you can get a classmate or two to back you up, I would suggest making a complaint to the school board or the superintendent. The person who suggested you check out PFLAG was right too- they might have some resources for you, or be able to give you advice in how to go about doing this.

Sure, you could just get your GED or take an incomplete, or drop the class, but then the teacher wins. And next time, he just does the same thing to someone else. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself!!!

I'm 19, don't live with my parents, and I'm taking up 3 classes that I need to graduate. I'm being bullied by one of my teachers. I've been to the guidance office and to the principal with the teacher a couple times now. I'm very quiet yet my grades are top-notch. He calls me names, has gotten the class to laugh at me, and has put me in weird conversations that lead him to saying he'll hit me. I believe this is because I talk with a girl schoolmate who sits next to me about makeup, clothes, yoga, and things that point to me being gay. The school says I've got the problem because I can't take a joke. The teacher manipulated the guidance counselor and principal! I've repeatedly said that I don't want to be called a different name and I wish he would respect that and stop. In class I've literally told him to stop calling me names only to be thrown out of the classroom. I can't win. It's like he's encouraging to students to hate me and it's very disturbing because I've never done anything to deserve this! I'm your typical loner except I talk to one schoolmate next to me and I live with my best friend in our apartment.

Please tell me what to do about this. I'm 19 fucking years old for god sakes, living on my own, and I can't escape this homophobic monster. Now when I go to class I'm really jittery and frightened because of the negative attention and the threats. I'm off to school now and I'm at the point where I'm considering dropping out. :cry: Thanks.

heh speaking of gay guys... one just hit on me at jury duty. He befriended me And i didnt know he was gay but, I thought something was up so I asked him if some chick was hot and he said oh about that im gay. Then I acted like it was nothing. Why do gay guys love me?!!! Even with a a fucked up facce and beard wtf!!!? Ive had so many gay guys look check me out/ hit on me....urgh I need a fuckin girlfriend but this goddman acne has stagnated me.

Guest T-Virus

heh speaking of gay guys... one just hit on me at jury duty. He befriended me And i didnt know he was gay but, I thought something was up so I asked him if some chick was hot and he said oh about that im gay. Then I acted like it was nothing. Why do gay guys love me?!!! Even with a a fucked up facce and beard wtf!!!? Ive had so many gay guys look check me out/ hit on me....urgh I need a fuckin girlfriend but this goddman acne has stagnated me.

Let's trade places.

The best thing you can do is continue to work hard and achieve good grades. You'll be outta there soon enough moving on to bigger and better things.

Keep a diary of each incident. Make a note of people present. If its too bad go back to the principal and guidance counselor and give them a copy of the diary you have kept. Warn them that if they are not prepared to take it seriously you will take it further. I assume that your district has some kind of body overseeing schools? Maybe a parent / teacher association. That would be the next step. However, I would think carefully about taking it. You want to be able to concentrate on your studies and sometimes that action can literally eat up all your time. Good luck tho'

if you have an 8th grade education (6th grade if ur smart) then u can pass the GED. you get the diploma in one test.

Not true. You have to take several practice tests for the GED. It's quite a long process.

Let's trade places.

ic your hairy like me. it sucks doesnt it? When i say i hate being hairy people laugh on this site but acne is the same way if you tell people you feel like shit because of acne those people laughing will get laughed at. anyways being hairy is worst then acne. acne is a close 2nd. when I dont have a harcore beard or facial hair all over my face in wierd places I feel alot more normal to bad thats like only 1 day out of every 4 months. then acne to top it off fuck im screwed for life.

Guest T-Virus

Let's trade places.

ic your hairy like me. it sucks doesnt it? When i say i hate being hairy people laugh on this site but acne is the same way if you tell people you feel like shit because of acne those people laughing will get laughed at. anyways being hairy is worst then acne. acne is a close 2nd. when I dont have a harcore beard or facial hair all over my face in wierd places I feel alot more normal to bad thats like only 1 day out of every 4 months. then acne to top it off fuck im screwed for life.

I was talking about the guys hitting on you :lol:

I'm not hairy so you can be me :D

I hope everything gets better with your teacher, or he gets fired. I also get picked on by a teacher, but not as badly as you. He criticises me about my weighht though but other people I tell also say I cant take a joke. Hees my English teacher though, and hopefully I dont have him next year. Its terrible how people can abuse thier power then get away with it.

Let's trade places.

I was talking about the guys hitting on you :lol:

I'm not hairy so you can be me :D

ic.... im little embarrassed now. I was reading your sig and thought you were a Frankenstein like me.... :(

depends on the type of shit he says to you

if its that serious you can go to the police if you really wanted to....

Id probably fight the dude, when hes walking to his car run up on him and lay him out

I'm not a violent person although i can get angry enough to wanna hit the guy. However I'd just wait after class and talk with him when no1 else is around.

Now as much of a nice guy and push over that I am, theres a line for me that although is hard to cross, once its crossed I wont tolerate anything. since this sounds to be bothering you so much, I would tell you this. I think this would bother me enough to cross my line and make me stop being mr.niceguy.

I would wait after class and talk with the guy, and it wouldn'texactly be a friendly convo if you know what I mean ;) . I would really express to him that I dont appreciate it, and if he didn't just shut up and listen an agree to stop, I would probably losemy temper and either do something that would get me ejected from the school, or make a big thing over it and threaten a lawsuit (even though I probably wouldn'tever sue any1 anyway).

Basically all im saying is talk with him 1-1 after class, and make him stop.

I wouldn't tolerate this even though i put up with much more than i should. Reading this post has just made me wanna get invovled and talk to that teacher myself.

Please do not hit that worm posing for a teacher. You have to be tough and act wiser. I know it's easier said than done.

Violence will only get you in trouble and he will probably be VERY HAPPY if that happens. You can tell he's a vicious person.

Try to stay focused. I think your school is not gonna do anything for you. Apparently these people are buddies. They might do something if you tell them you will take it to the schoolboard, which I think you should take it there. Reporting them is something they will not like. Even if nothing gets resolved this is the best way to get back at them and maybe they'll think twice before doing that in the future. They use power, you use power. This is how you survive in this world.

I dont even want to be close to the teacher I hate, let alone touch him.

Re: the teacher, if the school wont do anything and you feel you have run out of options, why not go to the police? Explain that your teacher has been harrassing you and you feel threatened by him. Don't lie to the police, but tell them that you've tried everything else and this person is making your life hell. It's harrassment and you could take the guy to court. I think a quick word from an officer to the teacher will shut him up for good.