Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trager

Dr. Frank vs Dr. Alkek for Silcone?

I need help deciding which one to go to for Silicone Microdroplet.

Dr. Alkek is good and he is probably alot cheaper for a session since the midwest is cheaper. You can compare prices but I like Dr. Alkek so far.

tricia, seeing good results as of yet?

Hey! I thought I was at first but I think it was just swelling, I will have to wait the full month to judge it! Some spots do look better with the nicomide T-cream he prescribed me, you can get it without a prescription from behind the pharmacy counter as well. How are your results, any to report yet? How many session do you think you will need? I'm hoping one session gives me enough to be satisfied, he said I should get at least 50% improvement when I asked, but we'll see :pray:

hey tricia. so when did you get yours done?

i got my 1st session done in ny about 7 weeks ago, but i havent seen any improvement :(. but then again i could be wrong coz i never took any b4 pics.

im not too sure if i should go for a 2nd session coz ive noticed little lumps where i got some of the injections. but again i dont know if they were there beforehand. they look like blackheads so i dont know if they are a result of the injections

my derm said it would prob take 3 sessions to get good results

hope you're happy with yours

i got my 1st session done in ny about 7 weeks ago, but i havent seen any improvement :(. but then again i could be wrong coz i never took any b4 pics.

im not too sure if i should go for a 2nd session coz ive noticed little lumps where i got some of the injections. but again i dont know if they were there beforehand. they look like blackheads so i dont know if they are a result of the injections

which dr did you get it done by and for how much?

I just got the injections last week so too early to tell yet. I will be disappointed if I don't see ANY improvement because the doctor said I should see it within a month. I haven't noticed lumps but I did think I was a scar change shapes a bit but could be my imagination. :rolleyes: If I don't get something noticeable I doubt I will go back for a second round.

I had my 4th round with Dr. Alkek 6 weeks ago and I can attest that it is a very gradual process. I don't notice change until about the 3rd to 4th week after the injections. Some swelling from the injections persists for about 3 days and some bruising may persist for a week or so. I started the series in July and take about 6 weeks between sessions. It definitely is a treatement that requires patience but I have noticed some decent results.

Dan

which dr did you get it done by and for how much?

hey trident. i got it done by dr white in nyc and he charged $300. i also got TCA done on my chin for$100.

I had my 4th round with Dr. Alkek 6 weeks ago and I can attest that it is a very gradual process. I don't notice change until about the 3rd to 4th week after the injections. Some swelling from the injections persists for about 3 days and some bruising may persist for a week or so. I started the series in July and take about 6 weeks between sessions. It definitely is a treatement that requires patience but I have noticed some decent results.

Dan

Hi Dan - you did subcisions before starting the silicon microdroplets, correct?

I had my first round of silicone injections about a week and a half ago and Im noticing great improvements! I was told the results will continue to get better per treatment and with time. I have rolling scars so Im not sure if that makes a difference.

Hi Charlemange -

Yes I had three rounds of subscisions prior to silicone. The subscisions did help to make the scars more shallow looking but the greatest improvement has come from the silicone. I had severe cystic acne and unfortunately, tissue was lost. The silicone microdroplet method offered a precisce, gradual and permanent method to fill. I just had my 5th round and Dr. Alkek said that I was about done. We will take another look in 6 weeks and see if there are additional areas to address. I plan to get some photos up as soon as this latest round takes effect after the first of the year.

Drewboy, if I may ask, who did your injections. Aren't you located in Texas or am I mistaken?

Dan

yep Dan, Dr. Alkek performed mine. He said I should see great results with about 3 treatments. Im seeing it with just 1! Did you notice improvment after just 1 round?

Hi Charlemange -

Yes I had three rounds of subscisions prior to silicone. The subscisions did help to make the scars more shallow looking but the greatest improvement has come from the silicone. I had severe cystic acne and unfortunately, tissue was lost. The silicone microdroplet method offered a precisce, gradual and permanent method to fill. I just had my 5th round and Dr. Alkek said that I was about done. We will take another look in 6 weeks and see if there are additional areas to address. I plan to get some photos up as soon as this latest round takes effect after the first of the year.

Drewboy, if I may ask, who did your injections. Aren't you located in Texas or am I mistaken?

Dan

Thanks Dan - I'm asking because I was wondering if the subicions were necessary before doing the silicon microdroplets. I had cystic acne with some tissue loss as well, and they are bound down, so perhaps I would have to do a subcision anyway before having any sort of filler done.

yep Dan, Dr. Alkek performed mine. He said I should see great results with about 3 treatments. Im seeing it with just 1! Did you notice improvment after just 1 round?

I did. Mark

how was it krugstoneco and and mark?

are your scars like mine?..i guess mines are more severe

I did. Mark

Charlamange - I am not sure if the subscisions are even necessary because Dr. Alkek has treated many patients and I am not sure if he even does subscisions on a large scale as some doctors do. He could tell with a consult. I just ended up in the situation where the subscisions helped but I was not completely satisfied with where I ended up. After I determined that the subscisions would not complete my treatement to the level that I wanted, I decided on a filler. The filler was the final step that I needed and I am happy with what the first 5 treatments have produced.

Drewboy - I did notice improvement after about the 3rd week of my first treatment. Since you are young, you may notice greater improvement and much quicker than I did. The results have been gradual but every treatment has brought improvement. I have especially been happy that the costs are relatively low compared to some treatments and the trauma involved is also low since the swelling subsides in a few days and the bruising is gone after about a week in my case. It is definitely a treatment that you can do from out of state since you can fly in, be treated and fly out easily on the same day.

Dan

Dan, I know it's hard to gauge, but how much of an improvement have you gotten from the injections (%)?

I have an appointment with Dr. Alkek in a week and a half, so I'm curious.

I'm curious, too. I have an appointment with Dr. Alkek for the microdroplet injections on 12/27. I'll be in town visiting for the holidays. I had my first round of silicone from Dr. Alkek about 15 years ago! :shifty: Then the FDA banned silicone and I just forgot about my scars for a while. I'm older now, too, so I'm wondering if my body will create very much collagen. Well, it's worth a try.

Dan, I know it's hard to gauge, but how much of an improvement have you gotten from the injections (%)?

I have an appointment with Dr. Alkek in a week and a half, so I'm curious.

tricia, how's your progress coming along?

Hey! I really don't notice much if any improvement yet, but it hasn't been three weeks yet either, around the time Dan said he first saw improvement. I will keep you guys posted when I see anything, but so far nada!