Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have just begun the third week of the acne cure. I combined it and Dan's regimine where I put lots of BP on after I ice. My question is... I have read that the GA I use in the acne cure will bring out all the impurities and white heads I have to the surface. I have a lot of whiteheads hiding under my skin. Do they all have to come out or will some of them disintigrate under the skin. Does the BP do this or maybe the SA/GA. If they all have to surface before they disappear then I am in for one BIG breakout.

Please pass on some info if you can.

My regime

am - C&C continuous control acne wash (the foam)

Total Skin Care GA

C&C Shine Control Moisturizer (I need to find one with SPF)

pm - C&C

Ice, cold BP, Ice for 10 minutes, and then put on more BP

So far as of the start of week 3 I have some breakout-age on my chin which is my active zone. My cheeks are doing much better since I started the acne cure.

My active acne has all but subsided since I started the regimen but I got the same as you. under the skin whiteheads. They're harder to see than the usual acne but at certain light angles they show up clearly, same for you?

I can't get rid of them. I've been on the regimen for 1.5 months.

You have any more info on this?

sorta like this pic, right (ain't me, just googled it):

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001015/1823_f2.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a severe as the picture, more mild to moderate. But you can definitly see them under my skin. Don't get me wrong, if I had my choice between these and those big red pimples.. I would definity choose the white spots. It's just that those damn white spots under the skin are just waiting for the worst time to erupt. I just thought that there would be something out there to disolve them and since I am putting 3 different products on my face, I was hoping one of them would do the job. ](*,)

THanks.

I'm also not as severe as the pic ( and I would also take them over the red marks, the chances of scarring are pretty nil from these under the skin types one would guess.). I don't think they'll erupt though, maybe if one stops the regimen completely. They've been under my skin foreever now. They get neither bigger nor smaller.

I think it has a lot to do with dead skin buildup. That's why I started a thread about exfoliating on the "Regimen" board.

Hope some peeps have answers.

I had the same issues with the regimen. It seemingly stopped my "deep" acne but I still had surface whiteheads and blackheads just lurking. I started with glycolic acid and it seems to be pushing out some of these whiteheads and blackheads.

I have the same problem but probably worse, i've got hundreds of those little white bumps and they've been thee forever-i mean like over a year, the same ones. Topical meds havent really done much and i've tried dozens. Yeah anyways if you find a way to get rid of them let me know!

what is this Total Skin Care GA you speak of, is this the neutrogena brand. i'm considering trying the acne cure after trying dan's regimen for quite a while. I haven't been using SA or GA at all, so i figure i need some exfoliation. Somone said once that using neurtrogena healthy skin lotion with GA was enough for the GA portion of the acne cure, and that the neutrogena SA acne wash was enough for that portion... any one know:? what should i do?

Total Skin Care is the brand name. I think I bought it from drugstore.com, but if you search for it on the web other places have it. It is a GA gel that has a concentraton of 10%GA. I think it runs for around $25 for a 2oz bottle. It has never irritated my skin. I haven't tried any other GA though.

The acne cure seems to be working "a little" to get rid of some of my white heads under the skin, but I still have these 3 huge red pimples that won't go away and it's been about a week. NOt sure what to do to make them shrink quicker. I am using 2.5 BP (Neutrogena) and maybe I should use something stronger to dry them out quicker.

Any suggestions?

Oh and... it's really good to exfoilate with Dan's regime. I found that just by using the BP and the cetaphil cleaser was not enough. When I started to exfoilate with the SA cleaser I noticed that my nose and cheeks cleared up almost immediately. My poors seem to be shrinking there also.

My problem continues to remain to be my chin and around my mouth.

i have like 10 of these on each cheek bone and 3 or 4 on the sides of my chin. bp doesn't get rid of them so i know they are not a bacterial thing.

and i don't think they are from dead skin build up because shaving is a form of exfoliation(which i do everyday) and i still have them on my chin.

i was reading about these things and i think that it comes from water retention in the skin. the skin retains too much water which blocks off the sebum canal forming a small skin colored bump.

so knowing this i figured that salicylic acid would be the best treatment. i went to makeupalley.com looking for the best topical salicylic acid treatment and found Md Formulations Vit-A Plus Clearing Complex. It received a 4.8/5.

It has 5% salicylic acid and 5% lactic acid(to clear pores and exfoliate). It also has Retinol to reduce the size of pores. It is oil-free, non-comedeogenic, allergy tested, and fragrance free. I just ordered today so i'll tell you all how well it works.

It costs 30 dollars for a 1oz. tube at beauticreams.com.

I used to have a lot of those... That was the reason I started this regimen... Mine are practically gone.. I've been doing this for about 2 months now.. I think they would be totally gone if I used more BP but its hard to fit more on my face unless i wait like 5 minutes to put more on, which I should be doing. In any case... Yeah I used to have those.. That was my whole reason for starting.

My active acne has all but subsided since I started the regimen but I got the same as you. under the skin whiteheads. They're harder to see than the usual acne but at certain light angles they show up clearly, same for you?

I can't get rid of them. I've been on the regimen for 1.5 months.

Viper... which regimine are you on.. Dan's or the Acne Cure. And you said that you have been on it for 1.5 months. If you are using the Acne Cure, did you find success using it and did you start the maintence program?

Thanks.