Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Mistakes You Have Made

I have found it is better to almost never touch your face. Even before bed, its usually best to just leave it alone. Youll be happy you did in the morning!

hmm well i wish i never spent all my money on wasteful otc acne products

hehe well got to blame someone, and got to make some humour !because i certainly havent done anything to attract my skin to becoming a piece of salami

i sleep well exercise well have a good diet and use good products and still a pizza head!

Am i not the only one that has looked in the gallery recently and seen pics of ppl with ONE OR TWO PIMPLES saying they arein need of massive help ? " oh help me i have acne! ppppplease

give the rest of us a break , its getting tiresome

and btw i am just venting because i just looked in the mirror and seen 2 new pizza toppings

I wish:

1) I had never stopped taking the birth control pill. And then that I had not tried Ortho Tri-cyclen LO in an efford to get my hormones back on track after stopping the pill. Getting off the pill flared me up, but then getting on that particular pill caused horrible cystic acne and huge nodules like I have never had in my life. And new acne problems on my chin that I still can't get under control.

2) I had seen a dermatologist before my acne started getting out of control, rather than trying to self-treat with over the counter stuff, and I had gotten those nodules injected. Now I have tons of red marks and bad scars from the inflamed pimples and nodules that are really too red to cover up well. It's so embarrassing. 4 months ago I had perfect skin.

3)Using too much Benzamycin. It is clearing me up, but it's prevented my skin from fully healing so I have lots of red marks and scar more easily from new pimples. I started slow on it, but then liked the results so I increased the amount I put on. This just made my skin more irritated and dry and scar-prone. I really regret that. I'm now trying to figure out what dosage is best, one regular dose at night or two very light doses twice a day.

using retin a micro when i was clear, which borke me out and left me with shallow scars

whish i would have started accutane last year when i was offered it

watching the sopranos finale the other night

i wish i would have bet money on my country last year when they won the world cup.

Used the tape method on an active pimple. I pulled it off in the middle of the night and caused a scar. :naughty:

NOT GOOD!

1. Never squeeze a cyst (I did once and am left with a life time reminder).

Frequent issues on this site that keep popping up

2. If you have a laser treatment, make sure it is a Doctor performing it who has lots of experience not a Registered Nurse or Technician.

3. Do not perform home peels on yourself regardless as to how mild they are. Your skin is worth the extra $50 to get it done by a trained professional/Doctor and you will thank yourself in the long run.

Peeled off scabs and flaking skin from healing cysts. I just did it to make it look smoother under makeup, ugh. Picking at my skin. It was SOOOO stupid, and I think it caused most of my scarring.

My two big mistakes:

1. Not going on Accutane (I had a really bad case of cystic acne)

2. Getting invasive laser skin resurfacing (left me worse off than before I started)

Not doing 1, then doing 2, cost me money, pain, and agony. I can't really blame myself for either. For 1., I was young, nobody was looking after me, and I didn't know any better. For 2., I trusted doctors would put healing above $ (now I know better).

Acne is a really serious skin disease, don't let anyone trivialize it. It takes a serious toll on its victims for many, many years.

The only good thing is, it has made me stronger - as all suffering does.

Guest delta force operators

my biggest mistake was getting acne in the first place

My biggest mistake, or most aptly, my biggest regret was not loving myself enough. Not taking each day as a blessing and being thankful for the love I had around me.

Acne has now taken away most things that I love (and because I let it) and now Iam stuck in a deep hole, that I dug.

The stupid things I used to stress about make me feel sick to my stomach. Acne (very severe) has put it all in perspective.

So my biggest mistake, has to be not loving myself and thinking I was a bit useless. When really I wasnt, acne has taught me the true meaning life.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDD PICKING MY ACNE! Doh! What a fool. :doh:

Not only picking, but using needles to actually poke the cystic acne on my cheek and peeled the skin out and using the wrong kind of moisturizer, harsh soap on my skin.

That was over 25 years ago (goodness I'm old! :boohoo::ninja:)

Not only picking

shit plese dont remind me, I cant help it :rolleyes:

--

Copper peptide gave me dark spots my skin, but now after a few years they are slowly fading away :) . another big mistake was to believe in all the miracle advertasment crap

having shitty parents who neglected my acne for over 10 years. and then to find out when im 23 that all of my brothers and sister, whom all had very, very, mild acne, were taken to a derm when they were very young. my oldest brother i think went to a derm over 10 years ago. they never attempted to help me at all, or advise me in any situation possible. and now after ive already been on medication for over a year they try to make suggestions. fuck suggestions, they are about 10 years too fucking late. i could of had perfect skin if they didn't neglect me for over 10 years.