Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

I'm in a love-hate relationship......

Guest ThereIsHope

....with make-up stores like Ulta and Sephora. On one hand, i'm a total make-up junkie, but on the other hand, I feel like every time I walk into those kinds of stores the women who work there are just after me to "fix me."

I was in Ulta last night and one of the woman who worked there wanted to give me a make-over to help "better conceal those unsightly redmarks." :evil:

....with make-up stores like Ulta and Sephora. On one hand, i'm a total make-up junkie, but on the other hand, I feel like every time I walk into those kinds of stores the women who work there are just after me to "fix me."

I was in Ulta last night and one of the woman who worked there wanted to give me a make-over to help "better conceal those unsightly redmarks." :evil:

hmm I think I can relate.... It's like this everytime i'm in the GNC (vitamin shop) the old woman that works there is on my back breathing all over me everytime trying to give me stupid advice on how to get big and trying to sell me this and that. I dont wanna be mean but i jus wanna tell her to buzz off sometimes.

I was in Ulta last night and one of the woman who worked there wanted to give me a make-over to help "better conceal those unsightly redmarks." evil.gif

LOL, But how did she look? No Acne on her?

That's exactly how I feel.

I also have a thing with bright lights and magnifying mirrors. So I just stick to pharmacies :doubt:

Yeah im sure there are some light sources out to get me also :evil: I used to leave the house thinking my skin was looking alright.....then Bam...i look in the mirror somewhere with those Uv light things and i look a mess :cry:

Yesterday my mum dragged me round all those makeup counter thingys, with the magnifying mirrors and the most evil lighting possible. Then she started talking to all the makeup people about eye creams or whatever and I'm literally trying to hide behind her so they can't see me. It's embarassing. I feel like they're all thinking in their heads 'God, look at her... she could do with some of these things'... :doubt: though part of me wants to actually ask them for a makeover and see them start to panic because I really don't think they'd be able to make me look decent haha. They'd be thinking 'shiiiit, what do I do what do I do'

Ban all fluorescent lighting! Infact all lighting should be banned. Perpetual darkness, that'd be my kinda world. :cool:

Ban all fluorescent lighting! Infact all lighting should be banned. Perpetual darkness, that'd be my kinda world. :cool:

i'm with ya on that one! I friggin hate flurescent lighting...worst invention EVER i tell ya! i feel most comfortable in the darkness! :angel:

Some people can be such bitches.:doubt:

Keep in mind.....these people are only there for one thing...to sell you product! They will say anything they think will make you take the time to listen to their pitch. That way, they have a better chance of selling you whatever "miracle product" they are selling.... :|

:shock: That always happened to me. "Buy this, that, thathat, thisthisthis, it'll fix ur face. It'll cure it" blah blah blah

Just about a month ago, my acne got bad. And i went to get proactiv solution. Guess what? Some promoter tried get me to buy her products. I was so fed up. I simply shut her up with every sentence she made. Like "yeye, i tried blah blah it doesn't work" or when she said to go back to her she WOULD fix my face, and i went "thank you but i trust my choice". To say i trust my choice was total crap actually but i couldn't let that shet get me always (I always gave in and bought stuffs :( ). Well I was depressed and basically mad at everyone that time. I was glad i was not her victim. I so totally can relate to ya guys HOHOHO

Gosh I feel the same way!!