Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

Adult Accutane Course 2 & post accutane log

So I finally got prescribed accutane again for the second time. The first course was a bit over two years ago. It worked beautifully for a little over a year and then I started getting bumps again. I have very persistant nodulocystic acne but I wasn't covered in them, I just had one active one about all the time. I also had bacne.

Now, I have NOT yet gotten cysts again, nor bacne. *but* for whatever reason, I started gettingmany pustules all at once that left marks ALL over my forehead and chin. :sick:

So I started with pill #1 today (40mg).

I have stocked up on lip balm.

I am seeking out a great "threadist" Is that what you call it? The person that threads hair? IN case you're not sure, it's a method of removing hair form the face using threads. It yanks the hairs out by the roots, like waxing but doesn't touch your skin like waxing, so it should be fine on accutane.

I want to be clear by my birthday-the end of February. :pray:

Also-I guess I have skin tags like Kanmi/Jaymi, but I never realized they weren't normal! :lol: .

I also have facial and knee and elbow excema-always gets worse on accutane so this should be fun :whistle:

And yet another ailment: scalp psoriacis. Which also gets worse on accutane. :dance:

And I forgot one more: melasma on both upper cheeks. :doh: They got MUCH better after I stopped taking the pill (Diane 35) for about 3 or 4 months but of course, I'm back on it again now to take accutane (Alesse). Hopefully the low-dose pill won't affect it as much. I never realized how much the melasma bothered me until it started to go away. It's still there, but MUCH lighter so that if I didn't point it out, strangers wouldn't notice it.

I almost fainted at my blood test too, as usual. Shoul make for a fun 6 months. :wall:

Thanks you guys! I'm anxious to see the blackeheads being squeezed out of my nose again. that was sweet the first time around ;)

So I'm having rum and eggnog...I supposed that's not great for the ol' liver but alas! it is an organ that must be punished! (save one week before blood test # 2)

A threadist? Wow i'd never heard of that before. That sounds so neat!

Yeah I don't know where the hell these skin tags came from. I've never had anything like this before. But I don't believe laser is the only thing that can get rid of them. I think my derm is just being a dick. I gently exfoliated them tonight with emu oil and a cotton exfoliating pad. I'll let you know if that helps. For your exczema, you should get a prescription for Elidel. That worked incredibly for my ecxzema. And if you don't want to get a prescription you could try Eucerin moisturizing creme. It comes in a tub jar thing. It's some heavy duty stuff. I got a thing of that and it lasted me throughout my entire course.

For your scalp, make sure you use a medicated shampoo. Neutrogena T-Gel would be the best choice I think, or you could use Head and Shoulders of course. My dad has problems with his scalp. Sebborheic dermatitis is what he has I think.

Good luck!

A threadist? Wow i'd never heard of that before. That sounds so neat!

Yeah I don't know where the hell these skin tags came from. I've never had anything like this before. But I don't believe laser is the only thing that can get rid of them. I think my derm is just being a dick. I gently exfoliated them tonight with emu oil and a cotton exfoliating pad. I'll let you know if that helps. For your exczema, you should get a prescription for Elidel. That worked incredibly for my ecxzema. And if you don't want to get a prescription you could try Eucerin moisturizing creme. It comes in a tub jar thing. It's some heavy duty stuff. I got a thing of that and it lasted me throughout my entire course.

For your scalp, make sure you use a medicated shampoo. Neutrogena T-Gel would be the best choice I think, or you could use Head and Shoulders of course. My dad has problems with his scalp. Sebborheic dermatitis is what he has I think.

Good luck!

yup I get some in my scalp to some in using the Neutrogen T-Gel with sacylic acid 3percent

IPB Image

It's helped for sure

but good luck on your third course make your rats proud oh god that's cheesy but they're cool lol

take care ;)

Lol! I LURRRRRRRRRVVVVVV my rats!

I have used all of theat salicyclic acid shampoo, washed, creams, lotions, tar lotions, and shampoos and also prescription cortisone and nothing's worked so far. :wacko::lol:

My derm gave me cyclocort and I think that's also what my father uses so maybe it will work. Seriously, that is th eleast of my concerns right now. I actually enjoy picking at it because I'm a picker. And my hair covers the scabs and oozing. :shifty: Unlike picking at the face. :doubt:

For excema, I have triewd Protopic, which I bekleive is like Elidel, but it give me acne!!?? :lol: Nice combo! So I have a prescription cortisone cream again for that. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info you guys!

I took pill #2 today. I told myself that if I got accutane a second time I would treat myself to MAC Tinted Liglass in PRRR since listick will be out of the questions. Guess what I have in my purse now? My PRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: (and I also boutgh 2 pairs of great-fitting jeans :D )

Hives already? Only day three, but I'm broken out in hives everywhere...GAH!

Maybe it's coincidence with something else I'm using, like maybe my self-tanner...I guess time will tell.

Good luck on your second course! One of my friends gave me a tip for skin tags - not for the faint of heart. Take it and squeeze it between your nails for a little bit each day, the sharp pinching cuts off the circulation and eventually you can pull it off without hurting yourself or it comes off. It worked for me, but it didn't feel so great while I was pinching the crap out of myself with my nails. I only really had one tag so I don't know how viable it will be for you, but it might be worth a try.

I've been SOOOOOOOOOO tired yesterday and today...it could just be lacxk of sleep but I'm wondering if it is the tane.

In other news, I was checking my messages today and work and found out I rceeived a threatening message: I'm gonna kill you, bitch." :shifty: WTF??!! I have no idea who it would be and I suspect a prank, but notified security anyway and logged a call trace with the phone company.

Hey good luck, I'm on my second course too and started only a few days after you so we will probably be seeing similar results. My acne is also not so severe, just having one or two painful breakouts all the time. My dosage is alittle higher than yours. I wish you good luck. Perhaps we can keep in touch and help eachother out or something. Anyway, it's something to do.

Day 9

I really suck at not drinking. :doubt: I grew up in Quebec and have a french-canadian common-law husband = wine almost every night. And 2 glasses are almost always better than 1. :whistle:

Other than that I've had a few pimples come up but no cysts (I hadn't gotten cysts back after my course though, plus I was on the pill for about 2 months befpre starting whiche REALLY improved my acne to start bwith).

No skin dryness yet, but I do feel my lips starting to be a bit dry. For me, I found Chapstick the best last time. We don't have Aquaphor here in Camerica. Chapstick stays on, which for me is important because gloss and balms tend to slide of my lips ion minutes.

I've been taking my pills with dinner because it's the only consisten meal I eat with some fat in it. PLus I can never remember to take meds in the am. Learned that form last time as well by missing probably 2-3 pills every month.

I feel really lucky right now. I've read trough some logs of people wo have had such severe acne and it took them a long time to get prescribed accutane. But I *did* used to get cysts, just not for a long time and I can hardly remember. I've had much more pustules and nodules than cysts lately, though. And my bacne never did come back after the first round. I am so hoping accutane works this time for good. :pray: I kind of feel like a fraud but I really want my just-post-accutane skin back!

In terms of IB, just some minor stuff that I could hardly describe as real acne. They are just some bumps and a few red marks. But I bet it hasn't really started yet...I guess we'll see.

-Modest Mouse-Float on

I can see that I'm getting some dryness around the corners of my nose.

And that the blackheads in my nose look GROSS. :doubt: They always look worse before they come out and I think it's because accutane pushes them to the surface so they're more visible before they eventually come out. Let's hope they come out sonner than last time. :pray: Then the pores look bigger because they've been enlraged form having that crap in them. Then they shrink back down again. :dance: CAN'T WAIT.

Day 11

Bah...nothing new except now I can see that I'm turning red. God I DO NOT miss this. I can't wait until it's over.

Ministry-Jessus Built my Hotrod

Ok I will! I hope you get it. This is a pain in the ass but well worth it if I get a cure this time or at least can maintain my perfectly clear skin. I am never going off the pill again, once I stop, and I'm going to try and maintain with Retin-A which used to work SO well for me before I got so messed up that I needed accutane.

Day 12

Getting some major flaking around the sides of my nose...my lips are definitely dry. They're peeling already. Last time by the end of the course I could lift up one corner of skin and peel and entire layer of skin off my lip, from corner to corner. GROSS and PAINFUL. Note that I did it all the time anyway cause I am a picker. The benefit was nice pinky-red lips for days without lipstick.

I think I feel some deep stuff coming up...you know when you feel like a weird feeling that's not really pain yet, but uncomfortable and tight? I have a few spots like that. Whether or not the come out or go away is yet to be seen.

I think my hair is getting drier...it seems coarser and my hair is SO fine...weird, I don't remember this from last time-maybe it's a fluke. I also think my eyes are getting drier but I haven't had to use drops yet. Contacts still work and last time I never had a problem with eye dryness.

Wheezer-Say it Ain't So

Woah @ the whole bit about peeling off your skin. That's crazy :shifty:

But it sounds like you're doing okay. Hope you clear up soon :D

Good luck hun! Your skin turned out beautifully the first time around, hopefully this time will give you a lifetime of clear skin!!

Thanks you guys! I'm sure it will turn out fine it just sucks in the mean time. I thought about photos but I don't want to post any because 1) my acne is not that bad and I'll likely get ripped apart by others saying I shouldn't even be on it, but it's all under the skin at the moment and leaving marks and 2) I just don't want to post pics of my acne...of me, in good lighting, I don't mind pics where I look great, but the bad ones...ugh...

Day 13

I am SO tired. Maybe the accutane, maybe coincidence, I'm not sure yet. Still peeling on and aorund the nose. Dry dry dry peeling lips.

Rancid-Ruby Soho

I also get the little bumps on stuff on my skin... mostly in my chin area but some in my jaw line area... makes me wanna go on accutane again