Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flawless_Wishes

L'OREAL True Match super-blendable makeup

My friends (who don't have acne) say it's a great liquid foundation. But from looking at it in the stores, I can't tell if it has oil or anything else that can aggravate my super sensitive skin. I can't go online to buy makeup, well, because I can't afford it. Heh. :confused:

So does anyone have anything to say about this L'OREAL makeup or have any other great suggestions?

Thanks!!

I don't like true match. The coverage isn't great....it's another of those good foundations if you have good skin.

ahhhh, loreal true match. I used this for nearly a year. But i have switched to mineral makeup now. Yes this is OK. It covered really well, and NEVER caked!! i think it does have oil in it, it looks like when you look in the bottle (and i did an 'oil test' where you put a little bit of the foundo on paper let it sit for a day come back and an oil ring had formed so maybe their is oil in it, and im not sure which oil too). When you put it on your face, it sort of mattifies. Sometimes i found that it made me oily by the end of the day. I really dont like the packaging, its in a bottle, and very hard to control. overall i did like it.

GOOD LUCK

I honestly refuse to buy any makeup now before looking at this site first.

meeeeee tooooooooo. :cool:

L'Oreal True Match -- loved it for the color choices (i had actually found something that worked for my palest of pale skin), stopped using it for the terrible coverage. it was almost as bad as a "tinted moisturizer" for all the good it did me. :P

I used it for over year and really liked it. Once I started the CSR, I questioned whether my makeup was making me breakout, so I started using Mineral makeup instead.

I guess you could try it and see, but I know I won't go back to using it b/c I prefer MMU

You will find lots of reviews on here :D

(L'oreal didn't seem to get too good of reviews...)

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....9;Oreal/Liquid/

I honestly refuse to buy any makeup now before looking at this site first.

OoOoOoOo! Thank you! I'll definately be looking around here!

I used it for over year and really liked it. Once I started the CSR, I questioned whether my makeup was making me breakout, so I started using Mineral makeup instead.

I guess you could try it and see, but I know I won't go back to using it b/c I prefer MMU

I've tried mineral make up and because I'm SUPER pale and red spots and bumps, it NEVER works for me. *sob* I have a job interview tomorrow (my first ever! I desperately need a job! ^.^) and I need to go buy some good blendable make up because the stuff I have now is crud. I'm off to that site! :pray: I hope I find something!

Guest Sincerely_Me

Well, L'Oreal is known for their good color matches, and I found one that matched exactly, however, it did get super shiny and oily towards the end of the day which I always hated, so I had to say goodbye. I found their Skin Clearing Make Up has good shades as well, but it doesn't get all disgusting looking.

I've since switched to minerals and don't have that problem.

I personally like that foundation, and W1 matches my skin better than any other foundation I've tried (the corresponding concealer is too dark, though :( )

Pros:

-Inexpensive

-Great Shade Selections

-Contains Broad-Spectrum SPF 19

-Good Coverage

-Relatively Easy to Apply

Cons:

-Looks TERRIBLE Over Areas of Dryness (But Not As Bad As Mineral Makeup Does)

-Must Be More Carefully Blended Than Some Other Makeups (ALWAYS Apply in a Well-Lit Area)

As long as you set the foundation with a good powder and blot your face periodically, it shouldn't look greasy, turn orange, or streak.