Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raegan

Acne AND Wrinkles on my forehead!!!

Hi,

My husband tells me I worry/think about it too much, but it's so annoying :evil:, a double-edged sword. If I lay off the spot treatment and moisturize I break out in more zits and if I spot treat to dry up the pimples it accentuates my wrinkles!!! I can't win. I don't know why I have them at such an early age, because I don't even spend time in the sun. But, I will admit that until the last few months I only wore compact powder on my forehead to prevent clogging it more with foundation/spf. I suppose genetics have something to do with it. My dad has forehead wrinkles but my mom has NONE (53 years old!) and neither do my sisters (38, 31, and 25).

I'm starting to think maybe I should get on a retinoid topical before they get even worse. I'm still in my twenties, and it would be nice to enjoy younger skin for 5 seconds, ya know! I'm just embarrassed that it's being too vain to go to the derm for this (my husband says so). But maybe if I do something about it, I can stop obsessing? Thanks to all for listening to my petty rant. Also, what are your suggestions? Should I make appt. for a retinoid topical with the derm or try Green Cream, or what? Also, is anyone else dealing with this? I hope so! Thanks everyone.

-rgn

yes, i definitely think you should go to the derm and get some Retin A, since it will take care of the pimples and wrinkles.

what do you currently use as an acne treatment? i noticed forehead wrinkles from when i was using duac. i dont trust long term use of BP... its detrimental in the end. moisturizing is highly important... most moisturizers will break you out the first couple of times you use it but after awhile it should subside.

there was an article in the new york times recently about using retin-a as an anti aging treatment: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fashion/30skin.html

retin-a has always been my treatment of choice.

Ohh......I know how you feel :( I try to tell you skin (like talking to it is going to help) "either pimples or wrinkles, but both is just not fair!!!!" :boohoo:

I am having some luck and improvement with a 10% AHA lotion, though. Any retinoid or AHA, BHA product might help!

Good luck,

W+S

thanks for all the good advice peeps!!! I am happy to report that I have an appt. scheduled with the derm for Friday, the 9th!!! Yay! I'm so excited! I hope he puts me on retin-A. But what if he puts me on something else....are there others just as good as Retin-A or second best (retin-a micro, differin, avage,etc.)?

You can tell him what you want, just say I think it's best that I use Retin-A. Those dermatologists don't know crap (10yrs with many of them got me nowhere) so you have to tell them what you want.