Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

:Charlotte's Roaccutane Diary:

FRIDAY 15TH DECEMBER> DAY 15

60mg

Skin is less red, oil seems to have decreased slightly. Skin still isn't peeling that much.. only when I wake up do I see the smallest ever area of flaking around my nose, little tiny bit on my chin and slightly on the cheeks. But as soon as I wash with water the flaking goes.

Lips are sore and cracked and very red. But getting used to it now.

Charlotte,

It sounds like you are doing great. My son just started accutane yesterday and I'm so worried about the dryness. It seems like you haven't had much yet and I'm praying he'll be like that too! Do you know if most people get really dry really fast? Does anyone avoid overhwelming dryness?

Thanks for your log!

Sakul

60mg

Skin is less red, oil seems to have decreased slightly. Skin still isn't peeling that much.. only when I wake up do I see the smallest ever area of flaking around my nose, little tiny bit on my chin and slightly on the cheeks. But as soon as I wash with water the flaking goes.

Charlotte,

It sounds like you are doing great. My son just started accutane yesterday and I'm so worried about the dryness. It seems like you haven't had much yet and I'm praying he'll be like that too! Do you know if most people get really dry really fast? Does anyone avoid overhwelming dryness?

Thanks for your log!

Sakul

hey there this is chaz (also another charlotte hehe) :) i havent had much dryness yet at all and i'm on day 35. if you want to check out my log...the link is http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1565892

i'm currently on 20mg and all is ok i think. hope ur son does fantastic. from wot i've heard accutane is amzingxxx

60mg

Charlotte,

Thanks for your log!

Sakul

hey there this is chaz (also another charlotte hehe) :) i havent had much dryness yet at all and i'm on day 35. if you want to check out my log...the link is http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1565892

i'm currently on 20mg and all is ok i think. hope ur son does fantastic. from wot i've heard accutane is amzingxxx

Hello Sakul

Yeah, Accutane is amazing stuff. (Thank goodness we on it together eh, Chaz?) Brilliant because now I don't have oily skin anymore and I have been waiting for that moment for 5 years or more!!! About the dryness, it really differs from person to person really... and it depends on what Mg your son is on. The higher the mg the more chance of dryness I am quessing. I am on day 20 and my chin is finally starting to become dry and flakey! Also, accutane brings a lot of blocked pores to the surface so skin will look bumpy and dry. To help with the dryness I apply an oil free lotion/gel. One I use is by the Harley Cosmetic company called Calendula Gel... it has honey and aloe vera in it, very good for the skin :) Gd luck to your son on accutane!!

THURSDAY 21ST DECEMBER>DAY 21

60mg

Horraaay, no more oil! But skin is really bumpy on nose, chin and forhead due to Blackheads pocking out!! I am finally dry too...my chin is actually dry for the first time in a loooooooong time! I can finally look sort of normal in pictures now and not worry about blotting my face or applying powder every half hour! :) Bad news, scabby spots on my cheek and in 2 days I have Big Xmas party... I am so worried I wont be able to cover them up!! Anyone have any tips, less is more right in this situation and tons of moustriser (if i can spell?) lol They look so red and gross. I mean, Clear almost perfect skin and then on one cheek... it just looks silly and horrible. They were blocked pores I had on my cheeks for 6 months so finally they want revenge. Why now? Couldn't it be after xmas or a few weeks BEFORE! Damn it. You're skin can be so cruel. I know I shouldn't be moaning about 2 scabby boils and ppl have worse but when you were enjoing a week without any spots and then you have them, you get down... thinking, wait a minute... I haven't won yet. :( Stupid skin. I have just gotta think POSITIVE... Spots heal right? In a week or so they will just be red marks that can be covered in Concealor.

Merry Xmas everyone! :)

G'day...

As you know hun, Roaccutane is weird stuff: Give yourself a week and they could well be completely GONE. I must say that going onto Roaccutane at this time of the year is probably the worst time of all the year...

Is your skin so dry that it's flakey when you wake up until the time you sort it out with the moisturiser?

The bumpy nose and forehead etc is something I can relate to as well... What exactly happened with them? Did they start with just an odd texture and then tiny blackheads come through which progressively got bigger?

Don't worry about your skin over Christmas and New Year parties. Get drunk. It works for me. I find my skin to be so insignificant when I'm drunk - I possess HIGH levels of confidence when mashed and my body language kinda makes the skin insignificant. It can work for you!

You'll be fine.

xxx

Hey! :)

Yeh, worse time to be on Roaccutane now. Ah well.

I'm not that Flakey yet...just when I open my mouth to eat or laugh it goes really dry. Actually like my skin dry... never had dry skin before so its kinda interesting lol My lips are still sore.

Yes I so wanna get drunk so I don't have to think about my skin. Only big boo boo is I have work Xmas Eve so I can't drink that much :( I am getting so paranoid about my skin. These spots r making me so self consious. Yeh my Blackheads came out slowly and got progressively worse over the days, they started off looking as they do, but then after a few days they got really noticable :( grrr. I am so scared about my spots on my cheek and that they won't calm down by Saturday.. I am gonna get my pic taken and I have to hide behind my hair :( Again!!! owww. Ah well.

xxxxxxxxx

26TH DECEMBER>DAY 26.

60mg

Well, my skin did calm down a bit by that party on saturday, thankfully the lighting was low so you didn't see so much of the bumps. Christmas day, I wore a bit of make-up but for the 1st time in 7 years I only washed my face 2 times in one day! I was so impressed! It was so great knowing I didn't need to re apply my make-up after dinner because my face was dripping in oil! :) Woo!

Today: My skin doesn't really look any different... Its still got the noticable scars and the 2 boils are still small spots, just hoping they will go flat soon. :( My skin still feels very bumpy because of the blackheads poping out still... my nose is the worst... it looks so yuck. Still got a few huge blocked pores on my cheeks which hopfully will come out on their own.. if not hopfully not a lot of force will be needed on those evil buggers! They have been there for bloomin' months!! Grrr! Can't wait till my skin gets clear, so lucky I went on accuatane now because my parents are moving away to spain in a few months and I have decided to stay here with my boyfriend and live in his house for a while until we get our own place... Thank god I went on accutane now to get my skin clear.... Better stay dry for a few yrs and I just prey the oil doesn't come back or I will have to go back on accutane. I love this stuff!!! Its soooo nice to have dry skin... My dream has come true!!!!!!!! :D NO MORE OIL! YAY!

FRIDAY 29TH DECEMBER>DAY 29

Running out of pills quick, so went down to 40mg to save some until nxt Derm Appointment :(

Well, my skin still sucks big time! Obviously better because I hardly have any oil now :) Still breaking out because my blackheads are coming up on my cheeks, so now have 3 more scars to my collection on my left cheek :( grr. I just popped a huge blackhead on my cheek, it was really swelling up big and it looked so gross... it had to come out, so now i am sitting here paranoid with face mask on new spot to calm it down. Family friends are downstairs and too scared 2 go down with no make-up on to get a drink! Damn it!! I am so thirsty.

Waking up with slight dry eyes.. not bad but they feel uncomfortable a lil bit. :(

Hope skin stars calming down soon... all these whiteheads and blackheads scare me so much!!!

xxx

hey char, no one replying to our posts recently lol!! how do people get about 500 replies lol. so how you doing? dontworry about your face...as ive said in my last post...things have been worse for you so look on the bright side. you'll be ok. What side effects u got? i only go dry lips!! love chazxyyy

Hey Chaz :) Nice to hear from u! I know, I never really get people coming to my log... quess it must be really boring lol teehee!!

Yeh, my face has been a lot worse... But I have found that recently my old scars which I thought were gone have now come up even more, so my face is convered it old scars again :( weird. Looks pretty bad.

Doesn't help I keep getting so nervous in front of people, my face blushes all the time and I look so silly :( I get all embarressed when people talk to me and I blush real bad cos I am paranoid about my skin. Also getting extremly stressed lately and when I go to bed I get a racing heart. My face also turns very very red when I look in the mirror too, so annoying.

Only have a few side effects.. Some I am not sure if its due to accutane or me being silly again! I have; Dry skin (not very bad, only my forehead) slight dry eyes and dry lips (calming down now though) and I still get a bit of back pain and tight chest... nothing serious or anything. Also feel tired real quick too, maybe thats because I am unfit. lol

Spots on my cheek calming down but they are all really red/purple so my spots look very notciable from a mile away!! lol argh. Hows ur skin doin', Chaz? :) xxx Hope u had a great xmas and oooooooooo it NEW YRS EVE 2MORROW!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! let's hope 2007 brings Clear skin to everyone on this acne.org web!!!!! :)

TUESDAY 2ND JANUARY> DAY 33 (Took last 20mg pill this morning) Stopped Yasmin Friday night after 46 days or so without a break. Came on Yesterday :(

Been taking 20mg for a few days to save pills.

Well, i've been breaking out every other day for about a week now... all on my left cheek at the moment. Most of the new spots were blocked pores/blackheads which come to the surface and turn into evil spots. So at least I can't see that many blocked pores on my cheeks now, just a few small ones left. Just hope with my oily skin gone, blackheads shoudn't appear so much anymore!!

Skin appears smoother, blackheads going from my nose... its much softer now and doesn't have bumpy feel to it. All left to worry about now if few whiteheads/blocked pores on chin and near my nose :(

Hope everyone had a great New Year!!!!!!!! :)

THURSDAY 4TH JANUARY> DAY 35

NOT TAKING ANY PILLS SINCE TUESDAY!!

Skin is still same really, not overly dry or anything. Got few spots on side of my right face and spot on my left cheek is going down and drying up which is gd :) Skin looks in OK condition this morning. Not as red, but will get worse as day goes on. My skin is always going red!! Can't really see many blackheads... if I look in the mirror I can only count 1 which is the smallest one on my nose!!! Its so amazing. But I know some small ones are lurking in my skin somewhere. :( I get odd pains in my face too... like sharp pains as if I have that feeling a new spot is coming up... happens a lot too which makes me soooooooooooooooooo freakin' paranoid!! :(:(: ( damn it. PLZ I want to be able to have clear skin after this accutane because I am just so fed up worrying all the time!! Its making me ill. lol.

Just hope this 2 week gap without any pills wont make my oily skin come back. Now that would be crap! :(

Derm Appointment is next Tuesday. So scared. I hate Bloodtests... I fainted last time. I am such a woss!! lol

xxx

Hi,

I'm about to come to the end of a 3 month treatment of 60mg per day, and i'm pleased to say that the results are very good. I am due to come off the treatment in 10 days for 6 weeks to see how my skin reacts, then i will see the dermologist again. Hopefully it continues to improve once i stop, but i kind of expect to have to do another course for 6 weeks.

Good luck!

David, 22 (Hampshire, England)

Thanks for your reply David :) I am glad your results are good!! Thats cool to hear! I can't wait till I have clear skin, with no scars!! Would be a dream to not worry about my red skin as well :)

So cool you're from Hampshire too! Gd luck with everything!

xxx

Hi Charlotte, Happy New Year and all that. Sorry to hear things are still not as you'd like but I noticed that 2 months wasa real turning point for me and I'm sure it will be similar for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

By the way, you're not in Southampton as well are you? Would be weird to have a fellow Southamptoner on here amongst the the USers! Anyway, I know you'll be fine with it soon so try not to worry too much!

Hey again :)

Aw thanks, hope by end of Feb my skin will be much better. I have been off Accutane since Tuesday and I think my oily skin is starting to come back a bit :( Only a little bit but its starting to scare me because I have my appointment with derm tomorrow but wont get pills till the following week which is like a 2 week gap! Hope it wont ruin everything.

I'm not from Southampton... but I do live about 25 minutes away. :)

xxx

MONDAY 8TH JANUARY> DAY 39

Taken No pills since last Tuesday Morning!!

Well, my skin has changed a little and not for the better really. Got a few more scars on my cheeks from blocked pores which turned into spots. And a few more spots have come up, one on my right side of my face and a small one on my right side of my chin, which is small but hurts. few whiteheads/blocked pores are surrounding it which is making me very paranoid!!

But, good news for me is that I only have a few blackheads left on my face which are notciable. My nose and cheeks feel smoother now compared to what is was like in the first few weeks! lol All blackheads have come out now :) And obviously feel better my oily skin has decreased! My lips aren't really dry anymore...just feel a little tight.

Haven't used foundation or concealor since end of December which is goooooood! Just use Powder to cover up some redness. Feel a little bit more confident about my skin.... not a lot though, but feel better. I just hope accutane actually works in the end. It worked for my older Brother who went on it same time as me 3 years ago and he had severe acne and his skin looks brilliant now. :)

Just got Derm appointment tomorrow and I hope I get my pills quick!!!

xxx

MONDAY 9TH JANUARY> DAY 40

Had My derm appointment this morning. Went ok, thought I was going to have a blood test but I didn't in the end... Just a pregnancy test! Phewwf.

She gave me another 3 months supply and hopfully thats it... she put me on 40mg now for the last few months because she said my skin is looking ok. Will still have to go back every month though which is a pain.

My skin is no longer dry after having a weeks gap! :( Which is really dissapointing. My oily skin is starting to come back as I have said, but today its pretty clear it wants to annoy me. If I look closely there are tiny pockets of oil on my nose which is a bad bad sign!! Will have to wait till Monday 15th until I can see if I can collect my pills! Thats ages away, my oily skin will take revenge by then!! :( damn. I am really really really paranoid now!!!!! My lips are no longer dry which is also a bad sign I quess. Just have to be patient.

xxx

SUNDAY 14TH JANUARY>DAY 45

Haven't taken my pills in nearly 2 weeks! :(

My skin is not really dry anymore :( Can't wait to get my pills next week, I want my dry skin back!

Haven't had an active spot for quite a few days now which is gd. My face is still turning bright red now and then. And also gd news for me is I have been able to keep my blushing down. :) Still blush a bit thou! lol

I had a new job interview on Friday! Was sooooooo scary. Was interviewed by some big people who own the company I have applied for. Scary. I was so nervous. The Boss turned to me at the end of the interview and said, 'Are you a shy person?' cos I was so nervous, (I am a very shy person truthfully, Thanks acne!) but I turned round and said 'No, not really" ahhh well. I wore so much make-up too, first time since New Years! heh.

Will find out Monday if I get it!

Hope I get my pills soon too!! :(

bye xoxoxox

TUESDAY 16TH JANUARY

I NEED MY ACCUTANE, MY OILY SKIN IS COME BACK ON MY NOSE! DAMN IT!!!

HOPE I GET THEM WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY OR I'LL CRY!

I NEED DRY SKIN BECAUSE I AM STARTING NEW JOB IN A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH

Phewww, needed to get that out! :(

Thanks Matty boy! :) Yeh, hoping i get my pills 2day or tomorrow, if not friday at the latest!

Can't wait to have a carrer where I feel somewhat important! I get to wear a suit so that will make me feel better about myself then wearing an apron covered in baked beans and gravey! lol ewwwww. Hehe! xxxx

FRIDAY 19TH JANUARY>DAY???

Took my accutane yesterday 40mg.....at last!!!! My skin was starting to take revenge. It really has done. Its sooooo red, ouch and blotchey 2day. Few little spots on my cheeks. My cheeks are burning up right now. All my old scars have come up to say hello which is soooo horrible!!!!!!!!!!! I was stranded for 5 hours in town 2day in the freezing cold, with no food or drink and i really needed the toilet! It was horrible. Feeling so terrible 2day, I wanna cry my eyes out.

Think I will just do that soon :(

xxxxx

FRIDAY 26TH JANUARY

40mg

I have been ony accutane for over a week since I got my 2nd month prescription. Well, all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My face is soooooo red and painful... its burning up as I am writing this and I am ready to cry right now its that bad! My whole face feels swollen and sore and EXTREMLY red! :( I start my new job on Monday and I have an 11 hour day and my face is gonna look so crap!! I want to cry! I just put cold water on it and the hotness and redness isn't going away. The only way it will go is if I go to sleep for a few hours...

Oww I need a hug so badly. Stupid accutane side effects... I feel as though I am severly sunburnt! :redface:

In other news, I went to my Doctor's 2day and he told me my skin is looking gd.... which is the first time in 16 yrs of me knowing him he has said that, so accutane must be doing something. So far I just have loads of scars on my face now.... and when it goes red, add on another hundred scars cos my face looks really blotchey now. Damn it.

Please red skin gooooooooooo away! It hurts and I want to cry.

xxxx