Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User15978

What do use to clean your brushes?

I use anti-bacterial soap and my shampoo (that is 80% aloe).... then I use conditioner (whichever bottle is closest, lol) on the bigger brushes.

I can't believe how much stuff comes out of the brushes when I wash them!

I use whatever shampoo I am using at the time then a conditioner since most of my brushes are all natural hair.

I washed my EM brush(the one with the white bristles/fur) and it seems totally not like how it used to be. Has anyone noticed this? Same thing happened to my Estee Lauder brushes. Sad.

nah i think you can wash the sponges. I use to do this when i used sponges.

I washed my EM brush(the one with the white bristles/fur) and it seems totally not like how it used to be. Has anyone noticed this? Same thing happened to my Estee Lauder brushes. Sad.

i clean mine once a week with a brush cleaner...after the 1st wash they all seemed different than before. not necessarily a bad different, just different. they all smell like anitbacterial stuff now too which isnt exactly the nicest..oh well, least they dont have bacteria, right?

I use whichever facewash I happen to be using. I've heard that if you're using makeup brushes on multiple people regularly, you should wipe/disinfect them inbetween each use, and if you're just using makeup brushes on yourself, you should clean them once every two weeks. NEVER let the inside of the ferrule get wet or stand your brushes up to dry so that moisture can seep down inside the ferrule because the glue that holds the bristles into the brush can break down and your bristles will fall out.

Makeup sponges can be washed, but I always forget to do so in time for it to dry and just grab a new one. Maybe the packets should only come with two instead of thirty-two so we wouldn't have an incentive to waste!

I use a Lumene brush cleanser that I got at CVS. I try clean them about once a week, but I usually forget and it goes a little longer than that. I also bought this spray stuff called "Brush Off" at ULTA that supposedly gets the bacteria off and cleans and softens. I use that when I realize I haven't cleaned them in a while but don't want to clean them right then because I need to use them and don't have time for them to dry. I also use it when I want to switch color themes with my eyeshadow brushes.

I use a Lumene brush cleanser that I got at CVS. I try clean them about once a week, but I usually forget and it goes a little longer than that. I also bought this spray stuff called "Brush Off" at ULTA that supposedly gets the bacteria off and cleans and softens. I use that when I realize I haven't cleaned them in a while but don't want to clean them right then because I need to use them and don't have time for them to dry. I also use it when I want to switch color themes with my eyeshadow brushes.

Do you really like the Lumene brush cleanser? Would you recommend it?

If so, I might have to give it a try!!

I like it, it really seems to get the makeup off my brushes and I love using them after I've cleaned them, they feel like new (soft and clean). I don't think it really has any anti-bacterial properties though, if that matters to you. The consistency is a little runny which can be annoying. A little goes a long way - I've had mine for at least a year I think. Overall I'm happy with it, but it's really the only brush cleaner I've ever used (except that spray stuff), so I don't have a good basis for comparison versus other brands. I've tried using antibacterial soap but it doesn't do a great job of getting the makeup off. Never tried shampoo like the folks above. I hope this helps :)

I like it, it really seems to get the makeup off my brushes and I love using them after I've cleaned them, they feel like new (soft and clean). I don't think it really has any anti-bacterial properties though, if that matters to you. The consistency is a little runny which can be annoying. A little goes a long way - I've had mine for at least a year I think. Overall I'm happy with it, but it's really the only brush cleaner I've ever used (except that spray stuff), so I don't have a good basis for comparison versus other brands. I've tried using antibacterial soap but it doesn't do a great job of getting the makeup off. Never tried shampoo like the folks above. I hope this helps :)

Yes that helped alot - thanks!!

Ive been using baby shampoo and Im not real happy with it, so Im gonna give this a try!