Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jus10mh

Should I moisturize with oily skin?

I started using Dan's Regimen and gradually progressed towards the acne cure. Right now I do everything in the acne cure process except moisturize. My skin is very oily and even after BP and Glycolic treatments it doesn't dry out. In fact if I use a moisturizer (especially one with any SPF protection) my skin actually seems more oily. The cure is seemingly flushing out my face and clearing my complexion, as I don't get any "deep" pimples. However, I still get a good deal of blackheads and tiny whiteheads. Is it possible this is taking place because I am not moisturizing? Is moisturizing essential even with oily skin? If this is the case can someone recommend a moisturizer that won't grase my face up? (I have tried Nuetrogena and Eucerin Renewal, both SPF 15)

yes moisturizing will prevent oil buildup to begin with. In reality, your face is actually dry, which signals your sabeacous glands to produce ALOT of oil to make up for the dryness, now if you moisturize, it will hydrate your skin and your sabaecous glands wont need to make so much oil.