Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nitemare

2.5 YEARS on regime -- here are my results

Been crystal clear for that time..BUT...Every once in awhile I get a bright idea to stop applying BP in the AM. Why? Because my face still feels very tight, dry, and red- Even after recommended mosturizer. So, when I stop the BP in AM...I break out within 3 days. Ive been on regime for 2.5 years! Ive been totally clear when I actually use BP morning + night. Last week, I decided to stop in morning because my face felt tight and red more so do to colder weather. Well, 2 days later - acne around my chin. I was shocked! I forgot what it felt like. So, I got a bright idea to just put bp on my chin. Well, no go. 3 days later - 4 zits-big. Now, I got 1 on my top lip, bottom chin, cheek. All due because I stopped applying in the morning. So, today, I began using BP as normal morning and night- already almost all clear. Ive been popping zits for last 5 days! Ridiculous. For 2 years - none. Everytime I feel safe to stop in morning, pow-they come right back in 2 days. Seems applying in the morning is more important at night. Theyll be nights on the weekend im wasted or too tired and I dont wash. But, nothing appears as long as I wash in AM. Im gonna check out this JOJO stuff. Regime works, but still I feel tight, red, no flakes- just a tight, dry feeling. Been using Eucerin (still have the old bottles left), Dans BP, and Dans soap.

In conclusion, the regime works- You NEED to do it both AM + PM. Not one or other.

Negatives

1) Face feels especially dry in AM and red. Takes about 1-2 hours for my face to calm down. Not that bad - but I can feel it so that I dont talk as much

2) Time- It takes too long to apply. I dont even follow the time frame. I get out of shower, and within 5 minutes I apply BP. It takes about 10 min for it to sink in. Then, Immediately I apply the mostorizer. I can not wait 15 minutes after shower>apply BP>wait 15 min>apply Euricin! Ill never get to work. My wife already makes fun of me for how long it takes

Positves

1) No more acne- thats the main thing

2) Eat whatever you want - whenever. Regime will elimate anything food might cause.

So..maybe will try JOJO on my next order..I think Ill just wait though if dan can combine JOJO with a mosturizer. I cant add more time..

HI nitemare,

it's great when longtime users pop in with progress reports.

That's great that it is still working for you. You have stressed the very thing that we try to tell people, it works best when you follow it twice each day. Especially if you have persistent acne.

As for your dryness and tightness, have you tried just using LESS bp during the daytime, and a bit more moisturizer?

Jojoba will probably help with the tightness, but I don't know if it will have any effect on the redness.

The jojoba might actually make you more red. It makes the BP absorb very deep so that's what could make it red.

I know one person who used jojoba oil alot, and after he stopped the regimin, he still remains red. It's been at least 3 weeks. (he stopped the regimin several times before, and always returned to normal)

I am 33 YRS old. I tried to edit post last night, but server kept on timing out.

Ive had issues since a teenager.

I have tried using less BP in morning - which results in some new acne forming. I cant stand any acne. I end up staring at it, then eventually picking at it. I rather deal with the tightness and redness then acne. Now, dont get me wrong - I dont think my redness is that noticeable- if at all. It all calms down within 1-2hours. So, its a price to pay.

Right now - since Ive went back to using full finger of BP in AM (and I have long fingers) - my acne is lessening to almost none. I might buy the jojoba if it does relieve the tightness. The tightness in fact is the worst feeling. More then the redness since I cant feel that.

Also, the amount of time it takes me to apply the bp properly and eucrin is long. 30-40 minutes im in the shower total. So, if I add jojoba to the mosturizer at same time - it wont add any more time. I think Ill give it a shot right now. If it dont work, at least I know what worked for past 2.5 years.

salicylic acid 2% - im hesistant of that one. I dont think I will try that yet. Im going to read up some more on it now though. See if its worth it. I am putting an order thru for more BP and cleanure - so I want to make sure if I should/should not order joboba or salicylic. Again, I am content with the regime as is, but not 100%. Prob 95% - which is damn good. Its just that once you are clear - you dont ever want to go back to acne again -ever-. I rank acne as my #1 most pain and discomfort in life. So dans regime made me forget about it. I always think Im older now that it has gone - but no - regime must continue..

Congratulations on getting clear, though it's very disappointing to hear your redness persists.

redness is very slight. its hardly noticably after 1-2 hours. I rather deal with a little redness, than the tightness. Ill deal with both if it means no acne.

i hear yeah, the regimen has been working great for me, just be thankful if you don't have any acne scars... i have a few, although its not that bad

Thanks for sharing your experience on DKR. It's encouraging to read people's results who have been on the regimen longer.

Im buying Jojobi tonight from my local GNC for $8. I figure the weekend is a good time to try it out. I dont have any scars which are good. Currently, still some acne because I stopped using BP in AM. But, clearing up. I will mix the Jojobi with my eurcin mosterizer (3 drops) and see if that relieves the tightness without making be glow red. Keep you posted!

Im buying Jojobi tonight from my local GNC for $8. I figure the weekend is a good time to try it out. I dont have any scars which are good. Currently, still some acne because I stopped using BP in AM. But, clearing up. I will mix the Jojobi with my eurcin mosterizer (3 drops) and see if that relieves the tightness without making be glow red. Keep you posted!

Hi nightmare,

interesting to read your post. I am also a 33yr old married male, with persistent acne too, and have been on the regime for about 2 months now. So far so good, and thankfully i don't suffer the same tightness that you do. My skin is very smooth now (I use dan's BP and Eucerin), and quite clear, although it seems to get quite oily and it is very shiney looking.

I know what you mean about the time it takes, i too had my wife slagging me off this morning about it! :evil::lol:

Some mornings for whatever reason you just can't help not doing the regime, but i guess you've just got to jump right back on that horse when you get the chance, otherwise it's "hello acne" again.

For the shiney/oily skin the only thing i can do is to use a makeup brush and powder. It's the only thing that will make my sking look matt.

Good luck mate, and tell the missus to stop mocking you otherwise you'll start putting on eyeliner!

:lol:

Well, no store has jojaba - or even knows what the hell it is. Went to Rite aid with GNC - pharmacists NEVER heard of it. I found Jojoba Hair -root- formula only. No moisturizer. This stuff is hard to find. I am going to Vitaminshoppe tomorrow and will grab it - I called in advance and the clerk knew what it was. Im also not applying all the BP 2morow (again) - as the tightness and redness is too much for me to handle at this point. Only in the AM though. Since it got colder, I would like to be able to talk without pain.

Bought Jojoba at VitaminShoppe. Been using it for past 2 days. Realized I have to squirt few drops in palm of hand (not on fingers) - orelse it drips off. After BP, I palm jojoba on face, then add eurcin immediately after. Wow! So far, alot less tightness, less itching, less flaking. So far so good.

nitemare,

Maybe just add a few drops of the jojoba oil to some moisturizer you have squirted out into your hand, then apply it. That will sortof simplify things I think.

What is this Eucerin stuff? Your moisturiser?

I was actually using Proactive and was pretty successful with it, I just had the random one every two weeks or so… I too decided only to do the whole wash etc once per day, and it was fine for weeks…and then suddenly my whole face broke out, and I’m finding it very hard to get it under control again. Thus, looking for something different… hopefully Dan’s Regime will work if I can get onto it soon, its good to read your experiences with the stuff!

I use this for mosturizer: It was recommended for Dans regime back in the days

Eucerin® Renewal Alpha Hydroxy Lotion

http://www.eucerinus.com/products/products.html

They stopped making but, but I have like 5 bottles left.

Jojoba -- I cant squirt jojoba directly onto the euricin - cause I measure the eurcin on my 2 fingers - index and middle (like the BP except for 1 finger). Jojoba just falls right off.

Today, my face feels great. Day #3 using Jojoba before Euricin. Im probably using more the 3 'drops' as I cant measure it, but my face is not tight or flakey. Ive stopped using the BP on my cheecks in the morning. My checks were the only portion that turned very red. I just apply bp on my chin/mouth area and its fine..

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why skin needs to be dependent upon outside chemicals in order to stay clear. I can understand needing it to get rid of acne once, but to be using harsh chemicals on your skin for the rest of your life? I don't get it. I just feel like the body would be poweful enough to combat acne once the skin clears up entirely and renews itself.

Sorry, I'm new to this and just a bit skeptical.

Some people grow out of it and others simply don’t. For some, once the acne has gone, once they stop the regimen, it comes back...so at the moment, for acne, the only solution (as there is no cure as of yet!) is to continue medicating your skin against it. I'm hoping I grow out of it once I start shaving more consistently, my dad had spots until his early 20's, but my mum never had any at all