Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snowman

TCA VIEWS?? DID IT WRK 4 U?? OR NOT?? DANGEROUS??

Hi i ve just had A TCA done a week ago and the scabs have come off. its only for the biggest scars on my right cheek. I can still see the scars but i believe it takes time like 6 weeks to see the 'final' result

what i wanted to know really is any views on TCA as a method for treating shallow scarring as to be honest i didnt like the idea of acid on my face and if i feel it doesnt work effectively not sure i ll go back and get the rest done!!

CAN U GIVE SOME VIEWS ON TCA , DID IT WRK DO U TINK ITS DANGEROUS...

thanks

I did two rounds of cross so far and I think it does work but it's a slow process. I suggest you wait 10 weeks at least to see results and then decide what to do next. It is a slow process.

I come here from time to time, and there always seems to be an acid question regardless of how many previous posters achieved disasterrous results. Peels wont do anything for scars, and if anyone on here is claiming good results, theyre seeing things. As far as dangereous, keep doing them enough times in short periods and youll start noticing pores youve never seen before. so it does nothing for scars and risk damaging your skin further, this has been brought up so many time. so many members on this forum that i no longer see, got orange peel texture and had total regrets, this wasnt one or two people, this was about 10 or more that all tried it at once when peels were the hot thing to do. cross is a different story if you can aim into the scar without touching outside skin, then you got nothing to lose since your treating damaged skin only. Dont mess with peels or youll have regrets, the risk reward factor is totaly not worth it one bit.

Why do tca? Several people on here have achieved great results from power peel or spot dermabrasion on their scars. Its the same really as a tca spot treatment. Scrape off some skin and wait a week for the scab to fall off then wait for the red to fade out. I have only seen 1 person do tca that had great results from it and the few i have seen do the powerpeel all achieved great results. JMO

Why do tca? Several people on here have achieved great results from power peel or spot dermabrasion on their scars. Its the same really as a tca spot treatment. Scrape off some skin and wait a week for the scab to fall off then wait for the red to fade out. I have only seen 1 person do tca that had great results from it and the few i have seen do the powerpeel all achieved great results. JMO

whats the power peel? whats in the power peel?

YES CAN ANY1 PLS EXPLAIN THE POWER PEEL PLS

i did TCA twice, i did it exactly the way i should, and it made my ice picks more crater-like. peice of shit tca.

be carefull if u choose it.

id like to know bout the power peel too.

5 rounds of tca cross this year for ice picks. 2 months apart. The first was 50%, the rest were 100% Some minor improvements in a few scars, other scars either stayed the same or appear slightly worse.

Not worth all the downtime in my opinion.

5 rounds of tca cross this year for ice picks. 2 months apart. The first was 50%, the rest were 100% Some minor improvements in a few scars, other scars either stayed the same or appear slightly worse.

Not worth all the downtime in my opinion.

thanks for the opinion thinking of leaving getting it done on my other cheek

hi! i just wrote a huge long post on this. i did TCA cross 3 times over the course of a year. I would say 70% improvement in my scars. i absolutely love it. but i was REALLY patient with it because really, I didn't have much hope in the first place.

I did two rounds of cross so far and I think it does work but it's a slow process. I suggest you wait 10 weeks at least to see results and then decide what to do next. It is a slow process.

I come here from time to time, and there always seems to be an acid question regardless of how many previous posters achieved disasterrous results. Peels wont do anything for scars, and if anyone on here is claiming good results, theyre seeing things. As far as dangereous, keep doing them enough times in short periods and youll start noticing pores youve never seen before. so it does nothing for scars and risk damaging your skin further, this has been brought up so many time. so many members on this forum that i no longer see, got orange peel texture and had total regrets, this wasnt one or two people, this was about 10 or more that all tried it at once when peels were the hot thing to do. cross is a different story if you can aim into the scar without touching outside skin, then you got nothing to lose since your treating damaged skin only. Dont mess with peels or youll have regrets, the risk reward factor is totaly not worth it one bit.

What are you talking about? First of all it depends on your type of scarring and what chemical peel you use. If you have VERY shallow scarring OBVIOUSLY a chemical peel can utilized results. Gylcolic Acid is a collagen stimulant and can give results with shallow indents. The deeper you're scarring is obviously the less results peels will offer. Why do you say peels are dangerous though? It depends on the percentage used... and what kind of peel. You shouldn't use any peel. Some peels are not good for some skin. Research should be done before attempting to use any kind of peel.

hi! i just wrote a huge long post on this. i did TCA cross 3 times over the course of a year. I would say 70% improvement in my scars. i absolutely love it. but i was REALLY patient with it because really, I didn't have much hope in the first place.

hey bibs 70%? Wow that is very amazing... what kind of scars did you have and were they shallow or deep? Do you have any pictures by chance? If not thats fine but i'm real curious as to what kind of scars you had and whether they were shallow or deep and i'm assuming you used 100% TCA? right?

hey bibs 70%? Wow that is very amazing... what kind of scars did you have and were they shallow or deep? Do you have any pictures by chance? If not thats fine but i'm real curious as to what kind of scars you had and whether they were shallow or deep and i'm assuming you used 100% TCA? right?

hey subhail--i'm afriad i don't have any photos. :( i seriously couldn't stand to take photos of myself or look in a mirror for almost 6 months. my scarring was concentrated on my lower cheek area. my left side was worse, with one long scar that looked like a zigzag ending in a deep pockmark, plus other medium sized box cars creating an overall effect of cellulite skin. on my other cheek, i had a shallower, but long indent that kind of looked like someone ran a little finger down my cheek and it left an imprint. above that, several icepick and smaller pocks in a wierd row.

after 3 crosses, the zig zag is all but gone but for the deep pock, which is now much smaller and 70% shallower. the medium sized scars are MUCH more shallow and smaller, so that the cellulite effect is gone. i have normal looking skin with just a few scattered scars now. on the right cheek, the indent has filled in and in only visible in the worst lighting. the tinier pocks and ice picks are gone, the medium size ones still there but much more shallow.

like i said, i still have scars, but they have improved to the point that i hardly think of them anymore.