Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mickey67

Salicylic acid and accutane?

My skin is doing really well on tane. I have very minimal irritation, redness or dryness.

I'm picky about my make-up, and found one that I love. Unfortunately, to get it oil free, non-comogenic, etc...it is a "skin clearing" formula. The salicylic acid content is on .6% though.

I have had no increase in skin irritation in using it. My face does peel a little bit, but only about once a day and it is more of an exfoliating kind of effect. I'm wondering if that small amount of SA would do that.

Since it is not irritating my skin, I'm assuming there is no issue with me continuing to use it?

My skin is doing really well on tane. I have very minimal irritation, redness or dryness.

I'm picky about my make-up, and found one that I love. Unfortunately, to get it oil free, non-comogenic, etc...it is a "skin clearing" formula. The salicylic acid content is on .6% though.

I have had no increase in skin irritation in using it. My face does peel a little bit, but only about once a day and it is more of an exfoliating kind of effect. I'm wondering if that small amount of SA would do that.

Since it is not irritating my skin, I'm assuming there is no issue with me continuing to use it?

Do you mind if I ask what make-up you use? I'm currntly looking for a new make-up and it's so hard to find something I like. I used to love MAC but was told it was really bad for acne prone skin....

Do you mind if I ask what make-up you use? I'm currntly looking for a new make-up and it's so hard to find something I like. I used to love MAC but was told it was really bad for acne prone skin....

I'm using Almay "Clear Complextion Make-Up." It's a liquid, and I apply it with a sponge.

you're lucky! when I was using SA on accutane (1%) for body wash..... after a few weeks my skin felt like it was on FIRE! lol

I put that stuff away after that and still have yet to touch it.

I'm sure that the reason that you're aren't supposed to use topicals whilst taking accutane is because they have the potential to make the drying/irritation worse.

Alone the Benzo P or Sali A can cause irritation. Add that to the accutane and you could be in trouble. It makes sense not to put them toghether.

However, if its not actually causing any problems then you should be fine.

*Also, I know that finallymejess is a good regular here at acne.org, but I've never actually said how good her portrait looks. Quite a stunner! :)