Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acne-O

Am I going about this all wrong?

Hrm. So I'm mid-20s I've been travelling more and more to Houston, (ie every week, based in Canada), and I've never really had an acne problem. Until now. And I suppose its not much of a problem either.

At any time I have one -BIG- spot. With a nice big whitehead above the surface. I've gotten really good at not picking them. But its a pain in the ass when I'm trying to pick-up waitresses ;)

And so I started using a cleanser (either bliss, or cetaphil), and then moisturizing using Cetaphil. I now do the Apple Cider Vinegar toner to reduce the red spots.

But I'm still not getting much traction. I touch my skin, and it feels more oily than it ever did before I used product.

I've never had oily skin... Am I making things worse? Should I just stop what I'm doing and only cleanse? Or just moisturize?

What do you think?

PS. Since I only get one or two of these at a time, I imagine I should start thinking about spot treatments? What should I use?

are you travelling a lot by plane? Because that is probably the culprit. You get dehydrated up there and the air is recycled and your body is put through the ringer.

Nowadays you cant take water with you, but while on board, ask for water constantly, drink a lot before and after, don't consumer any caffeine or alcohol while travelling, eat more veggies and so on.

Also, try tea tree oil

I suggest you try product containing clindamycin. My skin always take a toll whenever I fly, but with this, my skin remains completely clear for recent 20 hours international flight. If I get occasional bumps/zits, I just spot treat it and it'll go away in 3-4 days.

This is off topic, but what do you think about Houston? I'm thinking about grad school there. I'll be visiting the campus in Feb., but I always like getting other outside opinions before I get really high expectations. Thanks!

Houston is also a very humid climate with a fair amount of air pollution, so that could contribute to clogged pores, especially when combined with being dehydrated (and probably stressed) from all the flying.