Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatments I have done. Whats realistic.

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 11/29/2006 10:08 am

Have not posted in years. I read some latest posts and see its basicly the same stuff going on. Ive done tca peels and spot treatment. Its utter garbage. A waste of time and energy. Ive got this one treatment done where the doctor burns in and around the scar, helping to smooth it out and helping it heal back better then before. Basicly attack that damaged skin to get it moving again. Its helped some scars, others its not enough. You can get it done every couple months. Its a pretty good realistic treatment. Wont make your scars look like they where never there, but its a whole hell of alot better then some stupid laser or micro brasion thats absolutely useless for real scars. Getting a large scar removed completely by subcision is of course usefull. Its the only way for large scars. Ive done dermabrasion. Its not bad. It does not do much for larger scars. It can smooth out the surounding area. But dermabrasion is very rough and takes a very long time to heal. Dermabrasion is for after you have delt with your larger scars. Getting them removed, then get dermabrasion done to clean up the other work. It will give you the best results. I got shitty skin, always will. All of us with bad scars will. We got to learn to live with it. Dont fool yourself or be fooled. Ive been at this loong enough to know the truth. I'll still get a subcision done, some burn treatments. But the most important treatment, the best of them all. Is one I have not tried yet. Its a treatment where you wake up and realize your skin will never be like alot of peoples skin, it will be like alot of other peoples skin though, the ones with shitty skin. And then saying fuck it, its the way it is. And thats that.

MemberMember
(@acneninja)

Posted : 11/29/2006 11:47 am

amen.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 11/29/2006 12:27 pm

You probably need a filler to finish the job, try the silicone micro-droplet with an experienced doctor. I just got my first round done and I'll report more on results in a month. You can read up on the threads here it sounds like what you need!

MemberMember
(@snowman)

Posted : 11/29/2006 8:08 pm

what about isolagen??

MemberMember
(@jaxin)

Posted : 11/29/2006 8:20 pm

Have not posted in years. I read some latest posts and see its basicly the same stuff going on. Ive done tca peels and spot treatment. Its utter garbage. A waste of time and energy. Ive got this one treatment done where the doctor burns in and around the scar, helping to smooth it out and helping it heal back better then before. Basicly attack that damaged skin to get it moving again. Its helped some scars, others its not enough. You can get it done every couple months. Its a pretty good realistic treatment. Wont make your scars look like they where never there, but its a whole hell of alot better then some stupid laser or micro brasion thats absolutely useless for real scars. Getting a large scar removed completely by subcision is of course usefull. Its the only way for large scars. Ive done dermabrasion. Its not bad. It does not do much for larger scars. It can smooth out the surounding area. But dermabrasion is very rough and takes a very long time to heal. Dermabrasion is for after you have delt with your larger scars. Getting them removed, then get dermabrasion done to clean up the other work. It will give you the best results. I got shitty skin, always will. All of us with bad scars will. We got to learn to live with it. Dont fool yourself or be fooled. Ive been at this loong enough to know the truth. I'll still get a subcision done, some burn treatments. But the most important treatment, the best of them all. Is one I have not tried yet. Its a treatment where you wake up and realize your skin will never be like alot of peoples skin, it will be like alot of other peoples skin though, the ones with shitty skin. And then saying fuck it, its the way it is. And thats that.

Thanks for being honest :)

MemberMember
(@_magic_dust_)

Posted : 11/30/2006 12:55 am

bornunderabadsign

i think you're being VERY negative

not everyone in here has the same type of scarring... some people have it VERY severe, some don't, some have it mild. yes if you have VERY severe scarring(which sounds you do) then you can't get rid of it COMPLETELY. but those who have mild/mod scarring, then you definetely can eventually.

MemberMember
(@jillin)

Posted : 11/30/2006 5:01 am

what is this burn treatment you speak of?

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 11/30/2006 11:41 am

Jillin. I dont know its name. I have been to several doctors and nobody ever spoke of it, or on this site. I went to this old doctor localy. I told him I need something real and rough, that attacks the skin. He has some tool that looks like a medical version of a solder gun. It definatly helps. Its a harsh treatment, but Ive never had a scar end up worse then it was. Only better. Results vary per scar. After its healed and the redness is gone, I give a month after that of healing. I notice my skin heals the most after you would think its done healing. Next time I make an appointment, I'll get the name of this treatment. Remember me and pm me in a few weeks or so, basicly keep on me so I remember.

Magic Dust you didn't read what I said. You just decided it was negative without understanding it. My scaring could be alot better or alot worse. And heres the reality of it. I'm not talking to people with a scar or two. If you got a scar or two, you probably will only have to come to this site 2 times at the most then move on. My coments where directed torwards a certain persons on this site who are in the same boat as me, and vice versa. You can do all the treatments you want, more power to you. But theres going to come a day when you have to move on. Me included. Because worrying about your appearence, or constantly getting treatments might become even a worse quality of life then living with the scars themselves.

MemberMember
(@rose2005)

Posted : 11/30/2006 8:36 pm

bornunderabadsign,

You seem to be knowledgable on the subject...so, I want to ask you a favor.

Can you tell me your opinion on Fraxel? And then look at my pics below and tell me if I am wasting my time reading the Fraxel thread daily and starting my savings account for the treatment. My scars may not look that deep but they are, believe me. I've been told I may need a bunch of excisions...

Thanks

IPB Image

IPB Image

MemberMember
(@masterk)

Posted : 11/30/2006 10:37 pm

Oh those are little but I hate hate hate to say it, those will not get much

better with Fraxels. I had groups of little scars and some moderate

sized ones excised before 6 Fraxel treatments. 12 excisions in all.

SOme removed one scar, others removed patches of little ones. They

were too deep to treat with fraxel alone. I saw one of the best Fraxel

doctors and was told that I would waste my time and a load of money

if I did not get them treated. After the excisions the scars left behind

are almost non existant. There is a hope and I am walking proof. I

was not too sure about what to do, but 12 excisions and 6 fraxels later

I am a new man.

MemberMember
(@rockomon123)

Posted : 12/01/2006 1:11 am

I am a new man.

do you have pictures? those are like the same kind of scars that i have. small little pinpoint scarring clustered together.

how much did all of this cost?

MemberMember
(@chitownqt)

Posted : 12/01/2006 1:30 am

Hi masterK,

Those pictures are pretty much what my scars look like, although not as deep. You said that you had similar scarring and had success w/ exsicions. My derm told me that icepicks clustered 2gether cant be exsiced, so to hear you say u had it done gives me some hope :) . Did u see a derm, or a PS?? How much did the exsicions cost? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 12/01/2006 9:59 am

Rose, some good advise by some other folks below. Ive never done any kind of laser treatment. Scars like ours on the face are just very difficult to fix. It takes aggresive treatments. I see they are on the deep side but your larger scars are not that deep. get your large scars treated first. Get subcision type treatment where the scar is removed. There may be a left over noticable tiny line or something. Then possably get a treatment done to smooth out the work done. Probably get those close to un noticable. The pore scars are hard to treat. But the largest of your pore scars can be dealt with. Like I said, get all the largest of your scars done. If subcision type treatment helps for scars like you have on your chin. Keep going with that on your cheek until the doctor says he cant do anymore because they are to small for that. You'll be looking better and feeling better by then. Then move onto finding out what you can do to help your smaller ones. Then maybe laser can help. You have really nice skin tone. And alot of great skin. Money, time, treatments. You'll get good improvements.

MemberMember
(@pirateabc)

Posted : 12/01/2006 10:55 am

Can someone please tell me what an excision procedure does and how much it costs?

MemberMember
(@_magic_dust_)

Posted : 12/01/2006 3:06 pm

bornunderabadsign, you're a funny 1 let me tell you, you come on here preaching how nothing has worked for you and then there you are admitting that you HAVEN'T even done 1 single LASER treatment or anything intensive. Of course all the bull that you've listed that you've tried won't work cos those kind of treatments are for superficial scars. so once again, stop spreading false information around here.

MemberMember
(@rose2005)

Posted : 12/01/2006 9:11 pm

I am a new man.

How many can you count that I would need? I count 8 (I missed circling 2 of them) just on my chin/mouth. The ones that are close together, do they somhow combine 2 holes, but leave one excision scar?

Maybe 5 large ones on my cheek. It seems like I would need thousands when I look in the mirror :( I have

a bunch of other ones scattered here and there. The pics I posted are the ones that bother me the most.

I guess you found an excellent P/S? I've heard some horror stories if you don't find a good one.

I can't even find one near me. You wouldn't happen to have pics of your resluts would you? Were yours like mine? I would feel so much better about myself if I could get rid of them.

Oh, and how much did you spend on everything? The excisions and the fraxel?

MemberMember
(@mz43026)

Posted : 12/01/2006 9:21 pm

Rose2005: I think you only need 5 excision on your cheek. The ones on your chin is not considered to be ice pick. Try find a good P/S.

MemberMember
(@rose2005)

Posted : 12/01/2006 9:32 pm

Rose2005: I think you only need 5 excision on your cheek. The ones on your chin is not considered to be ice pick. Try find a good P/S.

What would you call them? They are holes in my face. Isn't that an ice pick? They are some freakin' huge deep holes! IMO

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 12/03/2006 3:55 pm

You have to find a doctor who can help you. Get as many done as he will do and or bother you. Cant expect to get rid of every imperfection. Thats why I said start with the worst. Getting rid of the largest will make you feel better then you do now. Then go from there. The prices vary greatly from doctor to doctor. Just find a good reliable doctor who can do what you want. Maybe get a few done first, or one done at first. See how good of a job they do. I have scaring like yours too. I dont have the expectation of getting every imperfection removed. I am doing what I told you to try. Working on the large ones. With each one I get done, I feel better and dont mind smaller imperfections so much. Just getting done what I can and have realistic expectations about it all.

MemberMember
(@masterk)

Posted : 12/04/2006 12:18 am

I am a new man.

How many can you count that I would need? I count 8 (I missed circling 2 of them) just on my chin/mouth. The ones that are close together, do they somhow combine 2 holes, but leave one excision scar?

Maybe 5 large ones on my cheek. It seems like I would need thousands when I look in the mirror :( I have

a bunch of other ones scattered here and there. The pics I posted are the ones that bother me the most.

I guess you found an excellent P/S? I've heard some horror stories if you don't find a good one.

I can't even find one near me. You wouldn't happen to have pics of your resluts would you? Were yours like mine? I would feel so much better about myself if I could get rid of them.

Oh, and how much did you spend on everything? The excisions and the fraxel?

The excision is a very easy procedure. They go in and cut out the scars. I would say my face did not look like yours though, just that I had those little ones. Thank christ that all mine were on the apples of my cheeks and 99% were able to be cut out. The remaining ones were tiny little holes like opened pores. They did get better, but the ones that were excised came out looking excellent. I had much worse marks than you as well.

I will try to post pictures. I had some on here a while ago but have not been on for a few months and the pictures got deleted. I will try to find them and put them in my gallery.

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 12/04/2006 9:29 am

Magic dust. You are angry over my original post because I spoke of the reality's of treating scars and the reality of dealing with some form of scaring when you have scars. Your responce here has nothing to do with my original post. You need to read it in length. If you cant understand it for some reason, it can be explained to you in a simpler fashion. I have done treatments, I have gotten results. I would not recommend laser, I will not get laser done. Find me a person with scars that laser made a difference worth its price. You cant find anybody. Its garbage. Laser can help asmooth the appearence, some what promote the distruction of damaged skin to let healthy skin grow. Its not a treatment you do to help scars on your face. You first must have the scars removed with a much more aggresive approach. Laser is a finishing touch treatment to a repaired area. Pretty simple to understand, why you could not understand this in my first post, I dont know. But you are coming across as the negative one, or the one who cant handle the truth. No false information of any kind was given except the false information you believe about treating scars. These are the facts, like it or love it.

MemberMember
(@rockomon123)

Posted : 12/04/2006 11:05 am

You have to find a doctor who can help you. Get as many done as he will do and or bother you. Cant expect to get rid of every imperfection. Thats why I said start with the worst. Getting rid of the largest will make you feel better then you do now. Then go from there. The prices vary greatly from doctor to doctor. Just find a good reliable doctor who can do what you want. Maybe get a few done first, or one done at first. See how good of a job they do. I have scaring like yours too. I dont have the expectation of getting every imperfection removed. I am doing what I told you to try. Working on the large ones. With each one I get done, I feel better and dont mind smaller imperfections so much. Just getting done what I can and have realistic expectations about it all.

how do you find a good P/S if going to see one for a first consultation cost like 120$? i don't even know where to start.. do I look in the yellow pages?

MemberMember
(@bornunderabadsign)

Posted : 12/05/2006 1:32 pm

You have to make visits to different doctors. Of course be open about how you feel and what you hope for as far as results. Ask as many questions as you feel need to be asked. I give a doctor a shot on by the way the first consultation goes. If he's realistic, honest and gives me hope. I'll give them a shot. you can do searches on the internet, or use the yellow pages. If you know what kind of scaring you have, then you can get an idea of what treatments will be best. That can narrow your searches. Some doctors do more then others.

how do you find a good P/S if going to see one for a first consultation cost like 120$? i don't even know where to start.. do I look in the yellow pages?

MemberMember
(@masterk)

Posted : 12/05/2006 11:08 pm

Magic dust. You are angry over my original post because I spoke of the reality's of treating scars and the reality of dealing with some form of scaring when you have scars. Your responce here has nothing to do with my original post. You need to read it in length. If you cant understand it for some reason, it can be explained to you in a simpler fashion. I have done treatments, I have gotten results. I would not recommend laser, I will not get laser done. Find me a person with scars that laser made a difference worth its price. You cant find anybody. Its garbage. Laser can help asmooth the appearence, some what promote the distruction of damaged skin to let healthy skin grow. Its not a treatment you do to help scars on your face. You first must have the scars removed with a much more aggresive approach. Laser is a finishing touch treatment to a repaired area. Pretty simple to understand, why you could not understand this in my first post, I dont know. But you are coming across as the negative one, or the one who cant handle the truth. No false information of any kind was given except the false information you believe about treating scars. These are the facts, like it or love it.

Great advice. Unless you have pretty minor scars but problematic skin texture, I would also not recommend

anything deep until you have treated the scars alone with subcision or excision. I had the best treatment

available for my acne scars. 12 excisions that looked pretty good about 2 weeks after they were removed.

I put light makeup over them and they healed up fast and nice. I then had Fraxel for the remaining light

texture problems and to eliminate or close to eliminate the faint lines and redness from the excisions.

The worst scars would be ones too deep to excise, or very timy ones all over the face that are too numerous

to treat with excision and will not be reached by any other means. I guess tca could be a good option

worth looking into for this.

Anyway do the deeper stuff first and then finish with Fraxel or other resurfacing. You will get much better

results this way. BTW I have seen a few people on this board that had CO2 done to great results. If you

have shallow enough scars it will work great. Just abotu the same as dermabrasion with about 1/1000th the

skill needed to do it correctly.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/02/2012 3:36 pm

great thread. so curious to what that ''burning treatment '' the OP was talking about. BUMPPP!

great thread. so curious to what that ''burning treatment '' the OP was talking about. BUMPPP!