Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

My acne has been terrible, my face was very sore yadda yadda yadda.

I wasnt getting any pimples on my forehead, but then my hair started to grow out and hung down over my forehead. I noticed pimpples starting to form, im guessing its becuase of my hair.

I figure, when I go to sleep, my head rests on my pillow, my oily hair goes onto my pillow, then that goes back onto my face. Big problem there. Even taking a shower and washing my hair before bed doesnt help since my hair gets oily rapidly and then gets on my pillow, then my face.

So.

Solution:

Every 2 days, I change my pillowcase (use one night, then flip it over next night).

Before going to bed, I was my face thouroughly. Then I get a clean t-shirt (with lose sleeves) and put the sleeve over my head in such a way that it covers all my hair, and stops at the hairline. Make sure the t-shirt fits on tight, or whatever else you can get to cover your head/hair.

I noticed immediate results.

Within a week, my face was clearing up substantially.

Im now at 2 weeks using this technique and the future looks positive for my skin.

Hi,

My acne has been terrible, my face was very sore yadda yadda yadda.

I wasnt getting any pimples on my forehead, but then my hair started to grow out and hung down over my forehead. I noticed pimpples starting to form, im guessing its becuase of my hair.

I figure, when I go to sleep, my head rests on my pillow, my oily hair goes onto my pillow, then that goes back onto my face. Big problem there. Even taking a shower and washing my hair before bed doesnt help since my hair gets oily rapidly and then gets on my pillow, then my face.

So.

Solution:

Every 2 days, I change my pillowcase (use one night, then flip it over next night).

Before going to bed, I was my face thouroughly. Then I get a clean t-shirt (with lose sleeves) and put the sleeve over my head in such a way that it covers all my hair, and stops at the hairline. Make sure the t-shirt fits on tight, or whatever else you can get to cover your head/hair.

I noticed immediate results.

Within a week, my face was clearing up substantially.

Im now at 2 weeks using this technique and the future looks positive for my skin.

i change my pillow case daily, i now have a lot of laundry! and i'm sure they're taking a beating, i used to change it only once a week

I do the T shirt thing too!

Washing your hair with Head and Shoulders helps kill junk in your hair too. Leave a bit of shampoo residue in your hair and it really helps.

More info on this in the body acne forum.

I put my hair up in a knot (or whatever it's called :lol:) and I fall asleep on my back. Really uncomfortable, but my skin won't completely suffercate :P

And I change my pillowcase quite often too :P

I wash my hair often to remove oil etc.

i try use clean towels all the time and same for pillow cases

This part of wat ur saying is good.

But i have a problem with the t - shirt thing......i just pull my hair back out of my face.

But my issue is that dont u feel kinda dub with a t -shirt wrapped around ur head. im gonn saya something genious here......try using a hat istead of t-shirt..its made to go on ur head :lol:

But i have a problem with the t - shirt thing......i just pull my hair back out of my face.

But my issue is that dont u feel kinda dub with a t -shirt wrapped around ur head. im gonn saya something genious here......try using a hat istead of t-shirt..its made to go on ur head :lol:

I just rest my head on my hand when i go to sleep... just around the temple area where i dont get acne. My face doesnt really touch my pillow. Sounds like it'd be uncomfortable, but its not. I dont get acne on my forehead unless i dont wash my hair for a few days (went camping and couldnt wash my hair, big mistake)

Instead of putting the shirt on your head just lay it flat on your pillow and lay down.

If you have oily hair, after rolling around in your sleep, whatever is on your pillow will get oily. That oil will go back onto your face.

You need some means of containing your hair so that its oil doesnt get on your pillow.

For those who think just sleeping with your head facing up will solve this....im pretty sure its impossible to stay sleeping with your face up. You will inevitably roll around in your sleep.

You can force yourself to sleep on your back by putting a big headset on your ears.

I think I'm going to try that tonight!

I always used to sleep on my stomach (always), my problem area was my chin, mainly around the corners of my mouth. Now for the past week or so I've been forcing myself to sleep on my back and the "middle part" of my chin is doing a lot better. However, I've been breaking out like crazy right where my cheek/ jaw presumably touches the pillow as I'm asleep. Conclusion: I'm definitely going to change my pillow case more often!