Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using a tretinoin cream (generic Retin-A) for the past 6 weeks. I started off applying it every two days but I now use it every day. For the past 2.5 weeks I've been going though a pretty bad IB. Initially I was breaking out all over my face, but for the past week or so it's more or less only been on my chin (my problem area to begin with). How long should I expect the IB to last? Results normally start to show up in 6-8 weeks, how long should I wait before throwing in the towel and decide it's not for me?

I am kind of in the same position, my seventh/eighth? (can't remember which one) week starts tonight, I am hoping that I start seeing beneficial improvements really soon. I am on RAM, I don't know what you think but I am going to stick it out at least for another month, we are both two far into the process to quit. Hope that helps I would stay with it, a lot of posters who have stopped have regretted it and many who have stuck with it have RAVED about the results in the end. I am willing to give it a while. Hope that helps, keep me updated on your situation I will do the same.

Did you guys develop whiteheads (clogged pores) soon after starting this treatment?

I DID after the 2nd week. :(

Kinda still am .

When I started, my problem was mainly lots of clogged pores (blackheads and whiteheads) and some pustules on my chin. The clogged pores weren't that noticeable (except in certain lighting) but very annoying. Now, almost 7 weeks later, a lot of them have dissapeared. Considering the number I had, most of them just went away without first turning into an inflamed pimple, but I did, and still am, getting more of the inflamed variety (pustules, papules) than I've ever had before. This is especially very concentrated on my chin. Since my chin was the more clogged area of my face, I'm hoping that the tretinoin is just getting rid of the clogged pores instead of actually causing the big, inflamed pimples.

What do you think? How long should I wait before seeing noticeable results?

When I started, my problem was mainly lots of clogged pores (blackheads and whiteheads) and some pustules on my chin. The clogged pores weren't that noticeable (except in certain lighting) but very annoying. Now, almost 7 weeks later, a lot of them have dissapeared. Considering the number I had, most of them just went away without first turning into an inflamed pimple, but I did, and still am, getting more of the inflamed variety (pustules, papules) than I've ever had before. This is especially very concentrated on my chin. Since my chin was the more clogged area of my face, I'm hoping that the tretinoin is just getting rid of the clogged pores instead of actually causing the big, inflamed pimples.

What do you think? How long should I wait before seeing noticeable results?

after 3 months i saw very good results.

I'd give it at least three months too. The IB is a *good* thing in this case. Mine lasted a week or two and I've been relatively clear ever since (been on it almost three months, got IB about 4-5 weeks in). The pimples I do get go away pretty quickly, though that may also be because I use a Lumiport and AHAs in addition to the Retin-a. Retin A has been GREAT for me. For the last 5-6 weeks, I was clear for four of them, then got a tiny pimple that went away after a few days and have been clear ever since.