Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenplastic

put vitamin b5 in your regimen!

im having a great start

ive been taking 4-5 pills (500mg ones) daily since saturday and skins looking better already

it was very red and had moderate acne on chin/round mouth/forehead

now theres less redness for sure, and no new breakouts. some big pustules came to a head really soon and were easy to get rid of.

if this keeps working then i'll be very happy

im having a great start

ive been taking 4-5 pills (500mg ones) daily since saturday and skins looking better already

it was very red and had moderate acne on chin/round mouth/forehead

now theres less redness for sure, and no new breakouts. some big pustules came to a head really soon and were easy to get rid of.

if this keeps working then i'll be very happy

Hm I really hope you're moisturising as far as I remember b5 is also very drying for the skin

yeah i am

although its not peeling or anything

i feel good because that redness and sting you get straight after moisturising seems to go away very quickly now.

but tbh we have had a couple of days of decent weather, so when im back in the freezing cold it might get worse. never know.

b5 doesnt dry out your skin as in flakes/peeling, its drys it out by stopping or inhibiting oil production.

so where oil is reduced, acne is improved :)

b5 doesnt dry out your skin as in flakes/peeling, its drys it out by stopping or inhibiting oil production.

I noticed in your regimen that you apply Jojoba before you wash. Whats up with that?, out of curiosity.

I have been thinking about adding b5 into my regimen. I have a very oily face and do you think that would cut down the oil? i need something for my oiliness!

I have tried B5 twice and I always seen good results for the 1st couple weeks then back to normal. I don't know how long you are supposed to "test" B5 but I think I did it for a few months, stopped seeing a change and quit it.

And it's expensive with how many pills you have to take (another thing I was uncomfortable with...having to take all those pills)

just my 2 cents..

I have used B5 a few different times over the past 5 years. I have had excellent results each time, yet the 3rd and most recent time I had to take more like 10g/day for it to be effective. My stomach didn't agree with such a high amount and I had to come off it... which lead to break outs... which lead me here...to DKR...to so far so good...

but yeh, I would highly recommend for ppl to try B5 atleast for like 6 weeks. I always remember a 1-3 week period of minor breakout and then very clear skin from then on

Let me also say that pantothenic acid is i believe a less harmful form of B5? if someone could correct me on that I'd appreciate it, but I believe taking pantothenic acid, which is the exact thing yet less toxic, is the recommended form of taking B5 when taking it in large amounts

i am taking 1 gram of B5 but I am using cetaphil moisturizer, doesn't the moisturizer give life to the acne because it makes your face greasy/oily looking? i mean wouldn't it be better for your skin to be dried so the pimples can dry out/die?

I noticed in your regimen that you apply Jojoba before you wash. Whats up with that?, out of curiosity.

that was before my derm appointment, i did it to make a waxy base onto my skin before i washed to try and retain some moisture so my skin didnt dry out and then over produce oil.

it worked kinda but not to the extent i wanted it to

I have been thinking about adding b5 into my regimen. I have a very oily face and do you think that would cut down the oil? i need something for my oiliness!

it def helps, but since i saw the derm, he gave me some emulsifying ointment to wash with (this stuff is like cooking lard) but when i add the warm water to it and smear it all over my face, it lathers up like soap. The strangest thing is that when i wash it off and towel dry my face, i feel really waxy (not oily, not shiny) but now my skin stays hydrated and it doesnt get oily :)

i am taking 1 gram of B5 but I am using cetaphil moisturizer, doesn't the moisturizer give life to the acne because it makes your face greasy/oily looking? i mean wouldn't it be better for your skin to be dried so the pimples can dry out/die?

I remember reading somewhere that you need to moisturize even if you have oily skin, because if you let your skin dry out, you'll end up producing twice as much oil in order to re-hydrate yourself. Besides, I think you'll flake if you don't moisturize.