Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lookingforthegoodoldtimes

an average guy starting a accu journey

hey guys...

i just got to the derm today, and she prescibed me accus.the nurse just called to give me the thumbs up after the blood test results, so here am i, holding my two boxes of accu.(20mg and 10 mg).im supposed to take 30mg a day btw.

took it and im already feeling the side effects.i know they are imaginary though, i felt them the moment i took the box.the powers of the mind!

btw i just realized something..my meds read 'oratane-isotretinoin capsules' actually.is it the same as the ones you guys take?

anyway some basic data about me

im 19 going 20 this year..always thought of myself as a fun-loving normal sort of person.did the usual teenager things..girls, break ups, car wrecks..no (illegal) drugs nor smoking for me though, and im actually rather proud of it.ha. a football player as well..been called up to play in my country's junior team, and i hope to make the senior team soon..well one day anyway ! ! ! (in my dreams)

well...nothing really spectacular about me.you can see that im just a normal average person..with the normal dreams and aspirations. :)) i do think of myself as fit, or at least healthy, but recently i struggled to go through a period of mandatory army service.during which i crawled in 30000 metres deep mud and breathed and ate mud.(delicious! =))actually the physical bit with other guys was fun, but i started having major breakouts...the sort which i never had before.it was merely awkward at first..

when you start getting a few zits on your face its natural your friends joke a little about them.you find yourself maybe even laughing along with them too.everyone in the army has a face in shit state anyway.(erm...yeah gross man..erm hahahaha?) but when it gets serious, no one jokes about them anymore..its sort of like a serious no-go taboo subject.lol.and you find yourself everrr sooo concious.oh well.i guess all of you have had this feelings huh? :(

the worst part is of course shying away from your own loved ones.i have made countless excuses to my own girlfriend saying why i cant meet her..and im not a good liar so our relationship is getting real tense and kinda weird.its like a long distance relationship really

ok..so i took my first course of oratane pills.(30mg) was considering just taking 10 mg..knowing the side effects.but i realized how much i miss the good old times again so i decided to just follow my presciption.

anyone with ANY advice or comments pls leave a message aight?i cant help but feel a close bond with you guys..my fellow sufferers.or maybe its just the meds kicking innn..

i'll be back with breaking news as it develops

hey guys...

i just got to the derm today, and she prescibed me accus.the nurse just called to give me the thumbs up after the blood test results, so here am i, holding my two boxes of accu.(20mg and 10 mg).im supposed to take 30mg a day btw.

took it and im already feeling the side effects.i know they are imaginary though, i felt them the moment i took the box.the powers of the mind!

btw i just realized something..my meds read 'oratane-isotretinoin capsules' actually.is it the same as the ones you guys take?

anyway some basic data about me

im 19 going 20 this year..always thought of myself as a fun-loving normal sort of person.did the usual teenager things..girls, break ups, car wrecks..no (illegal) drugs nor smoking for me though, and im actually rather proud of it.ha. a football player as well..been called up to play in my country's junior team, and i hope to make the senior team soon..well one day anyway ! ! ! (in my dreams)

well...nothing really spectacular about me.you can see that im just a normal average person..with the normal dreams and aspirations. :)) i do think of myself as fit, or at least healthy, but recently i struggled to go through a period of mandatory army service.during which i crawled in 30000 metres deep mud and breathed and ate mud.(delicious! =))actually the physical bit with other guys was fun, but i started having major breakouts...the sort which i never had before.it was merely awkward at first..

when you start getting a few zits on your face its natural your friends joke a little about them.you find yourself maybe even laughing along with them too.everyone in the army has a face in shit state anyway.(erm...yeah gross man..erm hahahaha?) but when it gets serious, no one jokes about them anymore..its sort of like a serious no-go taboo subject.lol.and you find yourself everrr sooo concious.oh well.i guess all of you have had this feelings huh? :(

the worst part is of course shying away from your own loved ones.i have made countless excuses to my own girlfriend saying why i cant meet her..and im not a good liar so our relationship is getting real tense and kinda weird.its like a long distance relationship really

ok..so i took my first course of oratane pills.(30mg) was considering just taking 10 mg..knowing the side effects.but i realized how much i miss the good old times again so i decided to just follow my presciption.

anyone with ANY advice or comments pls leave a message aight?i cant help but feel a close bond with you guys..my fellow sufferers.or maybe its just the meds kicking innn..

i'll be back with breaking news as it develops

Hey man, i had the same feeling about shying away from people. i know how much it sucks. lemme just tell you, i am 40 sumthin days down the road and my face has gotten much better. just think, u will be cleared but in a couple months. advise would be get all sorts of moisturizers, get aquafor for your lips, drink lots of water, and follow your dosage. o and the oratane is the same thing many people are taking, just another name. also congrats on the football, it used to be my life until college started and i didnt take my offers up. but anyways, good luck on your course bud.

Mike

don't fuck around with the dosage, do what you're told.

don't expect it to get better until the 3rd/4th month. if it gets better earlier than that consider yourself lucky

pray you don't get a horrible initial breakout.

my football is average really.but i like to think im a superstar with mad skills. =)) was a surpise to be picked for the U-21 team..anyway.i feel better already, just knowing there's a way out.

thanks oraballa, your words have helped. =) my derm has told me what i've got is just mild/mod acne, but i sure dont see any of my friends or family with the problem!it has given me depression for the past few months/weeks.

anyway i've decided to make the best of things.my sister's girlfriends and mine were over and i went through my unique repetoire of absolutely rubbish jokes while looking them straight in the eyes.it doesnt sound like much i knoww but it made me feel better. i would like to be confident again and i think im making small but steady progress. =)) i am!

i've come to a personal state of enlightenment.the pinnacle of my battle with my inner conflicts.personal appearances should affect myself the least since im probably the person who looks at myself the least..excepting the occasional periods at a mirror.it primarily affects those who look at me, and if they cant look beyond the face i have then to heck with em!

that said, nice skin would be nice.ha.hope im not being a hypocritical bitch.but AT THIS MOMENT im at peace with the world and im at least satisfied with my face..acne problems or not.some scarring too but maybe one day i'll be confident enough to just nod them off.maybe even scars i can talk about.like the small cut above my eye that i got in a car wreck.hehe.

being happy and trying to be happy cant not be good.im all for it and i think im making some progress.

roughly 9 hours since the 30mg dose.

effects

the same handsome guy i've been seeing for 19 years in the mirror is looking back at me.with slightly redder skin though.

side effects

no depression but actually a slight increase in happiness and general feeling of well-being.lol.i know its self induced but what the flipping heck.

i'll get over this..i know i will.all the best everyone =))

from the bottom of my heart.

yeah mike..i made a pledge not to fuck around with my own dosage too.my derms a professional and im sure she knows more than what i know.thanks for the advice.

will be cautiously awating my IB -.-

thanks for the advice again mikee

DAY 2

woke a few hours ago.thank god its the holidays.never really had greasy skin before..but not exactly dry too.its hard to describe my unique skin really.bad acne just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.now, its easy, i have oily skin. =(( doesnt feel too great.had a few shifty glances at the mirror this morning but that seems to be the only change...more greasy now.i didnt know it would work like that..is it supposed to?

popped my 30 mg pills for todae.parents and best friend concerned but they seem supportive.

no headache or anything yet. =)

thanks for the good will guys.

anyway. i have some meeting for some play at the local art house tmr.we're doing a modern version of king lear by sheakespeare.nothing very classy but its all good.but i havent been meeting them in person, been making excuses to just chip in online and all.i kinda miss fooling around with them after my army time and all.so i think i'll be going tmr though.barring a huge IB.shold i? =)

anyway..some more thoughts about acne.i think the idea of your severity is all relative..for example: you think your acne is extremely bad, and that your severity is 'one in a million people'.sounds like the most serious sh!t right?but well..if you look like one in a million there are thousands of people in china for example who are in the same situation.im not sure actually but there are like billions of people there or smth.and at least if your here means your getting help for it...so its all good.

i wish i had the confidence to post pictures.afraid its a level im not at yet =(.

oh mann orba, zippo and walk the wire,

thanks again you kind well wishers !

all the best to you guys too.. =)

oh no..i just read from zippo's log about getting nosebleeds.never got a nosebleed before in my life, though i've been hit pretty hard on my face by balls since an early age..lol.that sounded bad.anyway this may sound dumb too but nosebleeds sound slightly intimidating.when will they happen??in my sleep?im from a humid environment btw.

i've taken to wearing baseball caps around the place.feel like it keeps me abit sheltered.never seen an outfield player wearing caps on the field though,not even in training, so think i'll look like a really clueless ass.thank goodness training will be stopping soon..

i have no hair currently.had to shave for army.

lol..thats great.now i'll have acne and be bald.sigh too late for that now though..anyway my derm didnt say ANYTHING about hair loss as well. =(

DEVELOPMENTS

some scabs appeared out of nowhere.and i cant yawn without feeling bad pain at the sides of my mouth.used a liberal amount of lip cream..dabbed it on with 'facial quality' tissue.i dont know if thats the right thing to do though..i think facial quality is rubbish even my toilet paper says facial quality..

zitrella are you speaking from experience btw?just curius..

sigh i didnt want to go on a ramblng rant here at first..but i think i just will.seems to make me feel better.

took my 30 mg and went for soccer practice today..im training with the army team now btw.its one of the last few practices so we were expecting a usual physical test of sorts.its irritating but im cool with physicals dont usually see them as a major burden or anything.

the field was close for repair today..so we had to run on a road course.i've ran on it 3 or 4 times before..its really hilly and some of it is on hard road.impact-related knee injuries plagues our team for some reason, so some of the wulus in the team complained about this course before.lol jk..i was one of them wulus.

anyway our coach, (coach V) is a pretty decent man.portly and ageing now but every soccer player in my country knows who he is, so there is a certain level of respect.he is though, one of the usual coaches who says things like 'its not your talent that counts, but your attitude', then proceeds to select the better players in line ups instead of the more 'hardworking' ones..im no way one of the better players but no problems with that though. =))

anyway an ex-runner estimated the entire distance to be around 8 km..so its 3 laps of around 2.5 km each.it goes through the neighbourhood as well.quite inetersting route really..kinda more scenic compared to laps on the track or field.we once saw some girl sunbathing in a little bikini in her garden too.lol.

the first thing that i noticed was slightly different was that i was struggling to tie my FUCKING strap-on just below my knee.my fingers were trembling slightly, and i totally attribute that to tane.never had trembly fingers before.

so we started running..its a timed trial by the way, so everyone is pretty competitive, we all want to impress the coach i guess.during the end of the first lap and the start of the second i started feeling really weird..flashing spots that lingered in my vision and general breathlessness.at this point i was one of the last, and when it got really bad i just slowed to walking pace.two of my mates slowed too and offered to pace me..along with the usual pep talk crap 'you can do it' 'just another 2 laps.....blahblahblah'

i knew that they were truly trying to help, but at the same time i cud just see their irritation at not being to do their best.time trial after all.so i said i just needed a short rest and told them to go on.almost immediately they shot off.lol.

was in complete shit state.couldnt get my 'runner's-breath' and couldnt seem to pump my arms without pain at my elbow too.never had this before.i trudged along a bit more cursing the world, thinking of accutane and occasionally shouting at the top of my voice 'FUCK' im pretty sure some of the neighbours called the police.

i was producing ALOT more than the usual amount of sweat and i felt that my acne would have become worse =( met some jogger along the way on the opposite direction, i rember he was wearing some orange shirt with some 'love' motiff on it he gave me a really sympathetic look.he must have seen my team way ahead of me..and the state of my acne.lol.

i stopped for around 5 mins i think, sitting in the shade of some trees.and somehow i strangely felt much much better in that short time..started jogging again soon after, and finished the damn worse lap of my life.

coach V said it was a classic case of dehydration and gave me a ripping off.i didnt say anything about accutane of course.cant be dehydration, cause i know the amount of fluids i take, and its way more than usual for today too.thankfully though, he didnt bin me or anything, in fact i honestly think he was quite nice about it after the ripping me a new asshole.

now im home and feeling better the whole issue seems kinda detached from me.but at that moment i seriously wanted to kill something.just got out of the shower.face is red..no big zits or anything.but very very red.its hard to describe the exact shade, but i think the closest term is 'Angry Red'

so all in all, a BAD DAY 2.

any people here training while on accutane?

Not that I do serious training, but I've been leisurely getting ready for a 15km race in 3 weeks. I started on accutane about 2 weeks ago and the only issues I've had with working out are sore joints and back. I'm slowing down my training a bit to help rest my body a bit more.

Good luck with the training and the 'tane!

yeah..had real pain at my joints waking up today.probably tane coupled with a bad training day.i feel lyk crap.

dAY #

small whiteheads appearing everywhere.at least 6 or 7.oily skin too. -.- strangely also dry lips, dry enough to feel slightly tight, but not enough to flake.