Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest flutistgurl

I am emotionally drained

Guest flutistgurl

For a while now several aspects of my life have been getting out of control... I really don't know what's going on with me. But I do know that my grades have fallen drastically and I've been warned that if I don't get caught up with my work in the next 2 weeks, I'll be withdrawn from one of my classes. I also haven't been practicing my music, and my teacher has noticed and commented about how I'm not playing anywhere near my best lately.. My room is probably messier than it's ever been in my life. And my diet is so crappy... Problems started when I switched over to an online high school. I'm home all day long, every day. And it's hard for me to manage my time. Usually I just spend my days here and watching tv. My life is pathetic right now and I'm not proud of it at all. I keep making these schedules of how I'll live out my days but I can't get myself to follow them.... maybe because I've made countless numbers of them already, and because I'm such a perfectionist that I can't bring myself to start anything unless I'm positive there will be a positive outcome. My mom got an email today about the latest threat that I got, threatening to drop me from a class. She called me about it while she was at work and then she brought it up at home again. Then we got into this big argument over it and I COULD NOT get her to understand that I can't manage my time! 99% of people my age have a set schedule. They get up at a certain time every day, go to school at a certain time, come home at a certain time, etc. But with me it's like... I can do my work anytime I want and I can wake up anytime I want. It sounds like a great life but it's not all that great.. I need some type of structure or I just can't function.. and I certainly can't live like this for much longer.

Guest flutistgurl

ask to be banned from the .org :whistle:

Can I slap you?

i'm exactly like you. i know how much it sucks. i slack off so bad. i am able to do my work eventually.... but that means spending several consecutive hours on it!!

Guest flutistgurl

why an online school? you're missing out on a lot

I did it to focus on the music. But everything got screwed up. I still have a major goal of winning a flute competition this year.. a very competitive one. I have 3 months left to prepare for it... if I can only get it together.

Well you gotta just be positive and focus. i was a complete mess last yr, now im not saying I made such a big turn around, but I'm imrpoving, all because I changed my attitude, and im more focused now.

Guest flutistgurl

maybe I should just wake up tomorrow and say to myself that I'm going to have the perfect day... a kind of day that would be just as productive as I imagined. And then once I realize It's possible maybe I'll keep it up.

Or maybe I should get up and get to work right now :doubt:

maybe I should just wake up tomorrow and say to myself that I'm going to have the perfect day... a kind of day that would be just as productive as I imagined. And then once I realize It's possible maybe I'll keep it up.

Or maybe I should get up and get to work right now :doubt:

i make schedules.. i write down what i need to do... and how i should organize it.. but i never follow it. lol.

Guest blackheadben

aww, sweetie, I know what you mean. It seems like my life is out of control too and I don't know why or how to fix it. I don't know what else to tell you, sorry *kisses*

Hey, i know its like! I feel like i have slacked off a bit this semester. This is what I have had to do.

firstly, STEP BACK a bit and take everything in perspective. see what you REALLY want.

If I know i have a lot to do, I list everything I want to get done for the day in the morning. this way i have no excuse to put off my english paper or spanish work, or in your case, your music and online homework for high school. what time do you usually work best ? I know I can get the most done in the morning, so I try to get up early and get stuff done. you have to create your own schedule, which is one of the hardest things about being in college also-- budgeting your time isnt easy. but its something that can be learned! :) of course i still have problems with this to, like this semester my room is a mess most of the time and i feel like my work can be better to. its something i dont like, so i'm going to get better. cut yourself some slack though to! i used to be more of a perfectionist, but then i got less so because i was placing too much stress on myself.

I always feel better after my room is clean, just my mind feels ready to work (since i do homework in my room). I turn the computer off if the internet has proven to be too much of a distraction and I really need to get crap done.

good luck flutistgirl !

Sorry to say, but if I were you, I'd disconnect the T.V. and the internet(if possible. Do you get textbooks delivered to use, if so, cut off your internt for a bit). If thats not a solution, get a "net nanny" of some sort that only allows educational sites.

Guest flutistgurl

Sorry to say, but if I were you, I'd disconnect the T.V. and the internet(if possible. Do you get textbooks delivered to use, if so, cut off your internt for a bit). If thats not a solution, get a "net nanny" of some sort that only allows educational sites.

lol I share the internet with family so that's not possible. I don't think the "cutting everything off" idea would be best............. I never do well with those cold turkey type things. I got rid of my tv once, only to drag it back in a few days later. Every time I've ever tried to give up dessert I've ended up with a big bowl of ice cream..

aw ya poor chick I know exactly how ya feel I go crazy when I dont have a schedule. seriously me during the summer when Im not in college and working all odd hours Im like a crazy person. some people just need a schedule.

Have you seriously considered the fact that even though you use an online high school to help your music you might be better off with the structure of a regular school? Because if the reason you are using the online school is your music and your music is suffering because of it then maybe you need a serious think?

I listened to that piece you posted in the lounge and its fantastic! but sometimes when we know we've the whole day to do something we put it off as long as possible. So maybe if you only had a set time in which you could put aside to practise it might discipline you more?

Everyone needs a bit of structure ya know? anyway keep practising I wanna say i chatted to her on teh org when your a famous flautist!! :dance:

Guest flutistgurl

aw ya poor chick I know exactly how ya feel I go crazy when I dont have a schedule. seriously me during the summer when Im not in college and working all odd hours Im like a crazy person. some people just need a schedule.

Have you seriously considered the fact that even though you use an online high school to help your music you might be better off with the structure of a regular school? Because if the reason you are using the online school is your music and your music is suffering because of it then maybe you need a serious think?

I listened to that piece you posted in the lounge and its fantastic! but sometimes when we know we've the whole day to do something we put it off as long as possible. So maybe if you only had a set time in which you could put aside to practise it might discipline you more?

Everyone needs a bit of structure ya know? anyway keep practising I wanna say i chatted to her on teh org when your a famous flautist!! :dance:

Thanks. I think you're right about needing a set time to do things. I should make my own schedule since I don't have a required one already. It would be pretty pointless to go back to regular school because I'm about to go into my last semester of high school. Might as well just finish up these classes that I'm already in.. but I think i'll try to be more organized somehow..

i know how you feel

this semester i don't believe i'll pass a one of my four classes

i work two jobs, and when i do have time off i sure as hell don't want to study.

plus i'm saving up to move out by january but my parents won't be pleased that i'm not doing good in school and they'll be like well you should stay more so you can study and then my dad will harp on me for not doing good(since i'm the first of five to graduate high school and go onto college, this would have been my last semester but i f-ed it up royally) and then he'll say how do you expect to get anywhere in life with your laziness...

right dad

lazy

two jobs

don't think so homie

i just realised i'm talking as if he could see this

oh bother

feel better flutist!!!

:comfort:

Seems as though the unstructured self motivation technique has actually distracted your goal. Is it better to have less time available but to be more focused or to have all the time available and be totally unfocused?

My son is mildly autistic (very very mild) and extremely bright. Last year we had him in a montessori school, the kids get to pick what they want to work on and have a lot of freedom in that environment. He had a really rough time, they couldn't get him to focus he hated it there he'd cry about going. Now this year he is in a regular public school. He loves it he is flourishing. He plays school at home and can't wait to go. Totally different kid. The difference? Structure.

Just because in a theoretical ideal world it is the best thing, doesn't mean in the real world that it is the best thing.

Guest flutistgurl

Seems as though the unstructured self motivation technique has actually distracted your goal. Is it better to have less time available but to be more focused or to have all the time available and be totally unfocused?

My son is mildly autistic (very very mild) and extremely bright. Last year we had him in a montessori school, the kids get to pick what they want to work on and have a lot of freedom in that environment. He had a really rough time, they couldn't get him to focus he hated it there he'd cry about going. Now this year he is in a regular public school. He loves it he is flourishing. He plays school at home and can't wait to go. Totally different kid. The difference? Structure.

Just because in a theoretical ideal world it is the best thing, doesn't mean in the real world that it is the best thing.

well as of now I have no choice. I'm one semester away from graduating so I need to stay where I am.. but I honestly believe that while it is much harder.. it IS possible for me to create my own functioning schedule.. I'm going to work on doing that tonight.

Guest flutistgurl

Should we all yell ast you when we see you on here?

HIYAAA!!! GO ON GET OUT HERE !!! [throws rock] GET GOIN"!!! HYAAAA!!!!

LOL stop throwing rocks!

God, i can relate to you so much. I cant seem to get it together either. Especially with my diet. I've been eating terribly. Everyday i plan what i'm supposed to eat and what i'm supposed to do, but never do it.

For a while now several aspects of my life have been getting out of control... I really don't know what's going on with me. But I do know that my grades have fallen drastically and I've been warned that if I don't get caught up with my work in the next 2 weeks, I'll be withdrawn from one of my classes. I also haven't been practicing my music, and my teacher has noticed and commented about how I'm not playing anywhere near my best lately.. My room is probably messier than it's ever been in my life. And my diet is so crappy... Problems started when I switched over to an online high school. I'm home all day long, every day. And it's hard for me to manage my time. Usually I just spend my days here and watching tv. My life is pathetic right now and I'm not proud of it at all. I keep making these schedules of how I'll live out my days but I can't get myself to follow them.... maybe because I've made countless numbers of them already, and because I'm such a perfectionist that I can't bring myself to start anything unless I'm positive there will be a positive outcome. My mom got an email today about the latest threat that I got, threatening to drop me from a class. She called me about it while she was at work and then she brought it up at home again. Then we got into this big argument over it and I COULD NOT get her to understand that I can't manage my time! 99% of people my age have a set schedule. They get up at a certain time every day, go to school at a certain time, come home at a certain time, etc. But with me it's like... I can do my work anytime I want and I can wake up anytime I want. It sounds like a great life but it's not all that great.. I need some type of structure or I just can't function.. and I certainly can't live like this for much longer.