Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LifeTakesCourage

acne?around/on lips and chin

All around my lips and down onto my chin i have little tiny bumps that look like they could develop into white heads or blackheads..ive tried everything i usually use and nothing seems to help..they arnt very visible but they sure are annoying..any suggestions?

I have that type of problem... when the skin is stretched or looked at closely there seems to be little closed comedomes. Any ideas? They are extremely hard to get rid of and seem to not want to fade with time. Also they are much more prevalent below the left edge of my bottom lip, almost none on the right side. ???? Any help would be appreciated.

Try siwtching to a toothpaste without flouride, some peopel claim that that flouride can cause that sort of acne...

Try siwtching to a toothpaste without flouride, some peopel claim that that flouride can cause that sort of acne...

This is a good idea. Also check for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. In my opinion this compound has more of an affect. Consequentally it is in alot of products. Check out a rite aid to find a toothpaste without these two things. If you use other products with SLS like body wash etc, it prolly is not a problem. Anything you put on your face or in your mouth with SLS, you should try to avoid.

I am having similar problem and using gel containing Clindamycin to treat them. They went away in 3-4 days for me.

I don't think toothpaste has ntyhing to do with it. I tired using non-floruide and non-sulfate stuff and nothing happend for 2 weeks. Ironically, it was only when I would wash my face with a body wash wit layural sulfate in the shower did things start to clear up..and hell, all the closed comondones would slowely come out not in the white head form..but in black head form. BTW, too much lotion causes this...I even expermineted with this by putting on lotion on my chin for 1 week and the closed comondones came back...took me a week and 1/2 to get them away again. NO LOTION! period. at least not a lot

I've had the exact same problem. I literally woke up one morning and was covered in clogged pores (whiteheads). They are very hard to get rid of and eventually most will turn into pimples. I've been using Avene Diacneal to get rid of them. There is a purging phase (I'm still going through it) but it is clearing - (it's been over 2 months now). It's a slow process but I had A LOT I'm talking 20 on ONE side of my chin. So now I'd say more than half have turned into zits so that side is a mess right now (lots of redmarks in result etc). It does work but it takes a long time.

Otherwise as the others said definately take a look at the toothpaste you're using.

One other thing - are they white (skin-coloured bumps?) or red? And are they clustered?

If they are rash-like and are on your chin and around your mouth it can be Perioral Dermitits (which is what my derm suggested I might have but I've decided he's wrong after looking at pics lol).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I too have alot of close comodones on my chin. In time they eventually erupt to a pimple with a white head. I am currently taking Differin, but only for 4 weeks. My chin is currently purging in that area. Sometimes white gunk would just come out of my pores. See my log Experience with Differin. Dr. told me Differin will help get rid of them. I too find them kind of annoying...to me they are time bombs waiting to erupt.