Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
discombongulated

retin-a after laser

It sometimes takes a few days for someone to reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this. I haven't had any laser treatments. I had an adverse reaction to retin-A in the past. Now I am using the micro-gel for spot treatment only.

What does your doc say?

Jane

I would ask whoever did your non-ablative laser treatment...

I've been using retin-a for a while as a preparation to have smoothbeam done, but I'm not quite sure what the person who's doing my smoothbeam thinks as to how long before and after a treatment I should stop using the retin-a, if at all...

-kristin

My doc suggested that approximately two weeks after smoothbeam I should start using Retina-A micro. She said I should start out slow - applying it every other day or so and work up to a frequency that I can tolerate.... I think she suggested it to help keep my skin clear of acne... she said it doesn't do much for scars... But I don't entirely trust my doc (or any of them). I am using it (now two weeks from my last SB treatment) becasue I think it might help scars... I haven't had any adverse effects yet and it's still too soon to see any benefits...

Hope that helps some.