Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobitobi

Accutane for very oily skin and big pores

hey guys and girls.

my name is tobi andd I'm from germany.

I had pretty nasty acne when I was 17. My derm took me on tane.

had a 6 months course. so acne went away completely. I'm 20 now and I've a pimple here and there because of my very strict diet and BP Gel. I have moderate scars from tane I think (initial breakout etc.).

and here is my problem:

I have very very oily skin and because of that my pores are getting bigger and bigger!

I'm so sick of that! if I forget apllying my bp gel I'll get new pimples or if I don't do my diet strict enough.

my derm would put me on tane again but only 20mgs every 3 days. mainly for the oily skin.

BUT i'm scarred because I think tane has scarred me....but it helped me big time too....

do u guys think 20mgs tane every three days could give me new scars???

is there an intially breakout at this stage of dosage?

please help me out...

I don't know, as far as my experience is going ...all of the old scars i got rid of or have improved before accutane have come back, i can see rolling scars looking more obvious then ever before, i have faith that i can use the same method to plump them up like i did in the past...

I don't know, as far as my experience is going ...all of the old scars i got rid of or have improved before accutane have come back, i can see rolling scars looking more obvious then ever before, i have faith that i can use the same method to plump them up like i did in the past...

What was your method if you don't mind me asking? I just started accutane a week ago and i think my rolling scars look worse now :cry:

What was your method if you don't mind me asking? I just started accutane a week ago and i think my rolling scars look worse now :cry:

My method was basically Super cp serum then dab on some emu oil to make it penetrate (you'll feel a sting, that's how you know) and 20% SA peels maybe once a week with some breaks in between because you need to build up your skins tolerance to all this. Within a couple of months my skin never looked better, did nothing for ice pic scars, but the rolling and lines type it made a difference, just try not to apply under your eye areas because it can be a little harsh.

Note: i wouldnt dare do any of that now that i am on accutane, but i am applying tri reduction maybe 2x a week which is not as strong as super cp, and emu oil is calming down any irritation and redness for now.

I don't know from personal experience but I just asked a Dr. about going on alow dose of Accutane for acne scarring b/c other people have improved their scars w/ a low dosage or atleast have said they have. a He said that could be an option for me but the risks r the same for taking a low dosage and high dosage and it's really exp. I don't have insurance btw so I replied I don't care it's my face were talking about.He instead put me on doxycline? for mild acne and said we could talk about Accutane b-4 my Fraxel2 treatment which is in January but if when I go back I decide to give it a go instead of Fraxel I'll have to wait until I'm off of it and atleast 6mo. afterwards to have Fraxel.So I think a low dosage could do your scars some good but I'm just going by what others and the Dr. had said. I then asked the Dr. if I would ever break-out again after going on tane and he told me yes it can return like w/i 3-6mo., and I appreciated his honesty.

Most people respond to accutane like I did. No problems, dry skin and no acne on or after. My doctor puts 1/10 on accutane twice and has put only 5 people on it three times. He is pretty old and has a lot of experience with it. As far as waiting 6 months for Fraxels I would say u should be good with the maximum of maybe 2 or 3 months after. I went for consult on accutane and was told that it wouldnt make a difference but that they are made to say that a 2 month wait is a good idea. Anyway my skin was back to normal after only like 2 or 3 weeks and still is. I would do accutane for sure if u still break out and scar.

U can buy accutane from Canada Online or something like that. Its a real online pharmacy that sells accutane for about 1/5 the price of buying without insurance. I would do the high dose as that is the best way to do it and the best way to have permanant results. U have to scan the script to the company and they will fill the prescription. They put it through a system that will void it out if u try to then fill it at the drugstore or somehting. Good idea for someone not insured.