Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OuterThoughts

This regimen is HARSH

Okay. I officially blame god for creating such a life form that uses our face as its breeding grounds.

So BP is required nearly 24 hours a day.

The rest of my life I will never have a fresh day without having SOMETHING on my face. BP/MOISTURIZER =(

I apologize for the bad views on things. I'm starting on this regimen and its Torture..

I can't sleep.. because having something on my face makes me so uncomfotable.

I wonder if I will ever be able to cope..

I think I'll give botchla's two product suggestion a shot..

It sounds much more forgiving but anymore promising then Dan's regimen..

I'll stick with Dan's regimen meanwhile.

you said...." I'm starting on this regimen and its Torture.. "

You shouldn't have started with 10%BP. Dan's regimen and everyone here suggest 2.5% concentration of BP for starter. You start with 10%....

my question is why?

You must have read my other posts and didn't read it clearly..

If I ask about diluting it. It means that I don't want 10 percent BP thats why I'm asking if its okay to DILUTE IT 1/3 BP and 2/3 WATER.

Oh and outerthoughts. I wouldn't even bother trying to dilute it... I would just get some 2.5%. Trust me, it's way less irritating and works better, IMO. biggrin.gif

I used to use 10% BP to spot treat, before I found this site. It never irritated my skin...but it sure didn't work as well as the 2.5%. I guess because I'm putting the 2.5% allover and not just blasting spots??? Anyway, you can always save the 10% and use it later. But I would start with the 2.5%...I had better results with it anyway.

Look you can either b1tch and complain and live with acne or live with mild pain so your face gets better. jeez.

I read it clearly ....It doesn't matter whether or not you still want to use 10% BP on your face. The fact is you have already did it. You put 10% BP on your face to begin with and now you are complain about it.

As you said that when you started the regimen and its torture.....you did not start the regimen. Because dan's regimen never told you to use such high concentration. You just basically use 10%BP and complain about it. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html You should read it more closely.

Startzt is right. 2.5% is better because it allow you to apply all over your face.

You asked whether or not you can dilute 10% BP with water, 1/3 BP and 2/3 BP, right? ......NO. (and let say that you can...it has to be 1/4 with 3/4 to make 2.5% concentration. 1/3 with 2/3 will make 3.33% concentration)

1) BP cannot be diluted with water.

2) Some people dilute their BP with cream, but they have been on the regimen for a long time and follow it religiously. They mix BP with moisturizer to maintain the clear skin.

3) Let say that you can dilute them.....how do you know that you will get the right consistency?

4) Neutrogena on the spot 2.5% BP is only couple dollars ...why bother (to mix your own BP?) It's under $5....you spend more than that on a burger meal.

Okay. I officially blame god for creating such a life form that uses our face as its breeding grounds.

So BP is required nearly 24 hours a day.

The rest of my life I will never have a fresh day without having SOMETHING on my face. BP/MOISTURIZER =(

I apologize for the bad views on things. I'm starting on this regimen and its Torture..

I can't sleep.. because having something on my face makes me so uncomfotable.

I wonder if I will ever be able to cope..

Ahh.. my numbers got mixed up..

I was thinking doubling the amount twice thats why I said 2/3

2 I got from the two steps to mix it.

3 I got from the 3 water.

I was sleepy when I typed that so my mind wasn't fully operational, heh.

1bp + 1water = 2bw = .5bp

2bw + 2 water = 4bw = .25bp

And the bP problem being 10 percent.

I am already diluting it.

The "problem" I was referring to is.. if lowering its concentration using water would cause any problems.

That topic was labeled, "Assuming my 10 percent BP problem is cleared up.."

And before that I posted a different one..

That topic was labeled, "I have 10 percent BP"

I asked if lowering the concentration using water would be a problem.

man, its not even a \"regimen\"

BP and moisturizer? WOW, i coulda thought of that one while asleep!

Yeah and those instructions alone are HUGE. Also, most people probably used harsh cleansers before the regimen, scrubbed their face (perhaps with a wash cloth), rubbed in the bp aggressively or didnt rub it in at all, and scrubbed their face dry.

And once again if you don't like it don't do it, isnt that so beautiful and simple? Thought so. If you guys know it all, why are you here posting? Follow what is on the label and go about your day.

Sparty.

Thanks for answering the question about BP being mixed with water.

So it's a no no.

Can you give me an in depth explanation as to why mixing it makes it bad?

I know it would take longer for it to dry..

Your Benzoyl Peroxide is not pure (C6H5CO)2O2......it is already a diluted version of 10%BP and 90% other ingredient (example.....Purified Water, water-binding agent, solvent, thickener, soothing agent, and slip agent). When you dilute them....how could you be sure that you do it properly?

....Why shouldn't you mix BP[(C6H5CO)2O2] with water [H2O+other unknown compound...might be mineral, germs, bacteria..who knows]?

The answer is so obvious. You can see it, right? Just look at the chemical formula of BP and water....and you will understand.

A peroxide is a compound that has an oxygen-oxygen bond (two oxygen atoms bound together). You can't simply add 2 H and 1 O in to the formula. The oxidation process, when your peroxide expose to the air (oxygen or O2), kill germs on your face. If you mix with water.....the formula of BP will become unstable.

And remember.....you BP formula is not simply (C6H5CO)2O2. Don't become a mad scientist when you are not ready to do so.

However....if your BP was formulated in a way that you should mix with water...it will state on the bottle. BUT you have to follow the EXACT instruction.

However

Heh. Thanks for the answer Sparty.

Now that you mention it.. It doesn't state that it could be used wth water..

However..

I'm still a bit confused.. on the tube it mentions, "Mild irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration."

Now I'm wondering what they meant when they say "Mild irritation may be reduced by using the product in a lower concentration."

How else can I give it a lower concentration.. moisturizers are meant to stay on the surface of the skin.. so I can't mix it with that.. can I?

(I just got out of shower patted my face dry and now my face is so dry.. it feels like it will crack my skin if I so much as smile..)

I wouldn't recommend mixing 10% BP with water. Let's see -

Water = Moisturizes your face

Moisturizer = Stays on surface of skin

Benzoyl Peroxide = Absorbed deeperinto pores

Water + BP = confusion..

I don't know, it's just a theory...Follow the regime it's no big deal buying a new tube of BP! If i were you, i'd cut back on your percentage immediately. I had the same exact problem as you (10% BP twice a day), perhaps even the same acne. My face was very very dry/crackling after showers. It proceeded to get worse and worse - after quitting and trying other topical prescriptions (clindamycin, erythromycin pads, benzamycin - which were too harsh for my skin by then...most likely because of me abusing it before) and finally was put on accutane. I'd highly recommend following the Regime *STRICTLY* don't cut any corners or add anything at all. I messed up and made it worse.

Good luck man

Try only applying 2.5% BP in nighttime and icing your face for about 5-10mins after(make sure you cover the ice with a *clean* napkin/cloth/etc.)

I was reading one of the other posts..

could the hot water be causing my face to tighten up / dry so much?

I should start remembering to rinse my face with cold water after I get out of a shower..

Thanks for the insight acne_sucks.

I'm currently using diluted BP because 2.5 I can't find out there on the market..

The over drying maybe the result of sensitive skin.

About the "icing"..

That is to relieve the burning sensation caused by the application of benzoyl peroxide?