Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i got prom in a week.

any tips out there guys? (:

what to do etc to bring acne down and makeup?

how to apply makeup?!im a girl but i have never applied makeup before.

i gonna cover all these stupid big pimples and redmarks and scars.how?

teach me please.

thanks loads.

i dont wanna miss prom cos of bad skin.

and my skin is real oily.will makeup make my skin even oilier?

so i got prom in a week.

teach me please.

thanks loads.

Babe, have a look in the makeup help forum. Hope you look gorgeous for your prom. :)

omg, i went to prom last year with my skin looking horrible, i saw pictures, it was discusting. i had this huge cyst that i tried to get injected before prom but my derm's mom died so the office was closed. (that sounds a little cold, but that's what happened. looking back on it i probably should have fond another derm to do the injection, but i wasn't thinking.

omg, i went to prom last year with my skin looking horrible, i saw pictures, it was discusting. i had this huge cyst that i tried to get injected before prom but my derm's mom died so the office was closed. (that sounds a little cold, but that's what happened. looking back on it i probably should have fond another derm to do the injection, but i wasn't thinking.

Yeah, I refuse to allow my prom pictures to be seen. I'm hoping to get a 2nd chance at prom this year as a senior going with a junior. Who knows.

Yeah, I refuse to allow my prom pictures to be seen. I'm hoping to get a 2nd chance at prom this year as a senior going with a junior. Who knows.

yeah, at the prom i was talking about i was a college freshman. but i was going with a highschool senior.

so i got prom in a week.

teach me please.

thanks loads.

ok well i know how to bring it down quite a bit, but it only stays that way for a couple days (for me anyway.) just lay in the tub and soak your face in hot water (just hot enough so your face is comfortable, not too hot)... yup.. just lay there on your back and hold your face (besides your nose and forehead) underwater for an hour and a half. that's what i do and it helps A LOT. just plain water, don't put anything in the water. when you're done soaking, wash face VERY GENTLY with a cleanser called "cetaphil"..... Cetaphil Skin Cleanser, you can buy it at wal-mart. i can almost promise you it won't cause any irritation. then buy st. ives mineral clay mask... this is a very good product. i have severe acne and it works well for me. it immediately calms down the acne and makes your skin really healthy looking. as for makeup, buy a kind that says "oil free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic." try to find a makeup that says all three. they're out there... there's light, medium, dark... whatever goes well with your skin. don't wear makeup that makes it look obvious you're wearing makeup. like say you're black.... obviously you don't wanna wear makeup light in color. have it go with your skin tone. and for lipstick, not too red. i hope i helped...

get a facial. that might sound wierd. but they have ones for people w/ breakouts.. and id say a week before is good so do it ASAP because they do cause you to break out, but once the effects kick in its good.

breakouts go down by a lot, and ur skin looks all around a lot better. it helped me at least for junior prom.. i wish i would have done the same for senior ball!

i had just started taz during my senior ball.

like i went and got my makeup done everything was okay.

but my face was SOOO dry, and cracking and flaking

i wanted to cry SO bad the entire night... but haha with the hot/swewatiness ( i know gross) by the time we got to the dance/danced.. it wasnt that flaky.. but man oh man.

really bad .. i was trying to avoid my date. gew! no fun.

:comfort:

:wub:

;D

I hope you have a great time at your prom. I'd be your date, but you know the distance and all.;)

If you’re worried about your make up perhaps you could get a friend who’s good at it to do yours? Or maybe get it done professionally?

:comfort:

:wub:

;D

I hope you have a great time at your prom. I'd be your date, but you know the distance and all. ;)

aww thank you :wub: ,

I still want to see ur pic :snooty:

so i got prom in a week.

teach me please.

thanks loads.

Foundation

Pick a foundation that matches your skin and has full coverage. You can look for an oil-controlling makeup. I like Cover Girl TruBlend Whipped Foundation. A lot of ppl like Revlon. Dip your finger in the foundation and put a small dot on each cheek, a dot on your chin, a tiny dot on your nose, and 2 dots on your forehead (estimated amount of dots needed). The use a makeup sponge (wedge, you can find them at any drugstore) and blend the dots outward toward your hairline. This will give your skin an even look. (Sine you have oily skin, using just one finger tip of makeup wont add too much makeup and make your skin look slick)

Concealer

Get a concealer stick a few shades lighter than your skin color. I like Neutrogena and Cover Girl. Use your pinky to lighting touch the concealer stick, and then very lighting dab each niticeable red mark. By gently dabbing with your pinky repeatedly, the concealer will blend out and look even.

Powder

Use a large brush (a blush brush works if you dont have a powder brush) and tap it onto a pressed powder compact (Try Neutrogena skin clearing pressed power, it comes in 3 shades which makes it easy to choose). LIGHTLY dust the powder onto the oily parts (T-zone) of your face, or all over if you want an all over matte finish. (Since you have oily skin, look for Sally Hansen Corn Silk pressed powder. It helps keep skine away)

Hi guys thanks for all the reply.my skin just broke out and im terribly sad.i got like two cysts on my chin.and i got small bumps all over my face.basically my whole face sux.can makeup hide scars? :( i dun wanna appear oily in prom.and i dunno how to makeup at all.maybe i shld go to those professional makeup services?but then will they be disgusted at my face?

you can have a rough idea of my skin in my gallery.