Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have two questions which i need clearing up.

1. What and how do you exfoliate. Because I always thought it was the removal of dead skin and those flakes maually meaning by scrubing it or using a mask to kinda tear the dead skin off, but why do I then read about gel's and lotions which exfoliate. How can they when they arent removing the dead skin or our they. For example the nighttime pore clarryfying gel by neutrogena does that exfoliate?

2. Why do whiteheads conincide with dry skin, what makes the whiteheads appear when their is dry skin present. Because if we solve this riddle it might help out us who have only whiteheads or at least allow us to make a decision on what to use.

for question one.. i can answer that..

Acid is used to remove a layer of dead skin cells

for the second question. im not sure how to answer..

and i dont think having dry skin is the main factor involved in the formation of a white head

however dry skin + clogged pore = buildup below skin surface ?

just a guess =)

So if I were to use a 2% SA gel, like the nightime pore claryfying by neutrogena, that would be exfoliating me because its basically burning away my top layer of skin, and then I would not need to use a scrub or something like that?

I read somewhere saying that whiteheads=dry blackheads=oily, but not in all cases. Since the only place i consider oily is my nose which is the only place i get blackheds.