Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MON3Y

What To eat And what not to eat?

Yes i was wondering what should i be eating? becouse ive been eating chips, Patatoes, Salad, apples, McDonalds Hamburgers, some left over candy from howloween,drinking lots of milk and some Fried foods my mom has been making like frensh fries and stuff. so i was wondering if it is okay to eat Hamburgers and french fries from Mcdonlds and stuff.? Also can i eat vegetarions food such as Potatoes, Macoroni and what not? Or i just cant eat greezy foods. thx :)

First things first, get off the fast food and go from there. Are you drinking soda? If so, there's another thing to get off firsthand, before making any larger shifts in your diet.

Try to cut out the junk and processed foods. Instead, eat whole, real foods like fruit/leafy greens (very important for acne sufferers! Check out green smoothies.)/veggies, whole grains (not white!!), nuts/seeds, and beans/legumes. Try to cut back on animal products, and as R.S. said, cut out any sodas for sure!

Yes i was wondering what should i be eating? becouse ive been eating chips, Patatoes, Salad, apples, McDonalds Hamburgers, some left over candy from howloween,drinking lots of milk and some Fried foods my mom has been making like frensh fries and stuff. so i was wondering if it is okay to eat Hamburgers and french fries from Mcdonlds and stuff.? Also can i eat vegetarions food such as Potatoes, Macoroni and what not? Or i just cant eat greezy foods. thx :)

I wouldn't cut it all out at once. I'd cut the sugars and the dairy first. Drop the soda, candy, and milk and see how that works. Cut the fast food and fries next. Try eating some whole foods like the potatoes, salads, and apples you were eating.

Stop eating wheat, dairy and sugar. Don't drink tea, coffee or sugary drinks like pop or fruit juice. Do NOT eat junk food or anything processed - only whole foods or meals that you (or your mom) made from scratch.

Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Only eat organic meat, eggs and fish (wild salmon only) - eat grains such as spelt, brown rice or kamut.

Try to sweat at least once a day for 30 mins - the best way to do this is through exercise, but a sauna session will work as well.

Clean your face three times a day with a non drying cleanser and moisturize. Wash your hair once a day and change your pilow slip once every three days. Use Lysol wipes to clean your cell phone, regular phone and computer keyboard to avoid tranferring bacteria when you touch your face.

If you follow this your skin will clear up considerably by week 3.

Stop eating wheat, dairy and sugar. Don't drink tea, coffee or sugary drinks like pop or fruit juice. Do NOT eat junk food or anything processed - only whole foods or meals that you (or your mom) made from scratch.

Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Only eat organic meat, eggs and fish (wild salmon only) - eat grains such as spelt, brown rice or kamut.

Try to sweat at least once a day for 30 mins - the best way to do this is through exercise, but a sauna session will work as well.

Clean your face three times a day with a non drying cleanser and moisturize. Wash your hair once a day and change your pilow slip once every three days. Use Lysol wipes to clean your cell phone, regular phone and computer keyboard to avoid tranferring bacteria when you touch your face.

Great advice - won't cleaning your fact three times a day though dry it out and make the problem worse?

I'd drop the processed and junk foods first. These are pretty much always bad for overall health, not just acne prevention. From there I would try to cut out sugar and dairy. Good luck!

Actually I think its best to wash your face with warm water during the day and a gentle cleanser before bed. Its drying to wash 3 times with cleanser even if its gentle. Maybe thats why you stress the moisuturizer so much. I dont think you should use moisturizer unless your skin feels dry, tight, peeling, etc.

I agree with changing the pillow case. I wash my hair every other day, although I agree if your hair gets too greasy it may cause acen if you have bangs or it gets in your face. Washing everyday dries my hair out and its too much hassle with the straight iron.

I am so annul about my phone touching my skin haha, I usually try to use speaker, and I would just completely avoid touching your face period instead of constantly wiping things down...

Does that warm water with lemon thing really work? Tell me more.... what does it do?

I used to be all into changing my pillow cases 3 times a week, changing my towels all the time, using a moisturizer every day, washing twice a day, not using soap, etc. In my experience it's really all wishful thinking. People get so paranoid about strange compulsions like which side they're sleeping on because they don't realize acne is internal - it does not happen on the top layer of skin. I really wish dermatologists would stop being so irresponsible with their advice. I went from washing twice a day to once a day and see no difference. I went from washing with every acne cleanser under the sun to using simple tea tree oil soap (oh blasphemy, SOAP?!) and I'm better off for it. I never bought into the super synthetic water based moisturizer from day 1 - the way I see it, jojoba oil is the only thing worth using, and it seems to have gotten a lot more popular lately. Anyways sorry for the rant... to get back on topic - take things slowly!

For us poor college kids, it'd be an impossibility to eat this food. Time and money is a huge factor. Sometimes you just need to grab something fast. Plus its a substance thing. You can't get enough calories by just eating nuts for a meal. Got to get your sugar somehow. SO! What to do? Cut out the easy stuff. Soda, candy, sugary food. After that cut out other things one by one, such as cheese, milk, etc. Wish you all luck. We're all in this constant struggle together.

You can easily get enough calories eating nuts. They're a very high calorie food. I eat them like a meal all the time, accidentally or intentionally. They're very healthy, full of monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, fiber, etc.

Buy some legumes like lentils, slow cook them for a few hours and forget about them, then take 15 minutes to do some prep work for seasoning / spices / vegetables. That's pretty cheap...

im sorry, i cant add much more than what everyone else said.

but

damn...it makes me sad thinking of what i used to ate, or could eat. like holy crap youv been living bro, in a manner of speaking.

:ninja::wall::dance:

I used to be all into changing my pillow cases 3 times a week, changing my towels all the time, using a moisturizer every day, washing twice a day, not using soap, etc. In my experience it's really all wishful thinking. People get so paranoid about strange compulsions like which side they're sleeping on because they don't realize acne is internal - it does not happen on the top layer of skin. I really wish dermatologists would stop being so irresponsible with their advice. I went from washing twice a day to once a day and see no difference. I went from washing with every acne cleanser under the sun to using simple tea tree oil soap (oh blasphemy, SOAP?!) and I'm better off for it. I never bought into the super synthetic water based moisturizer from day 1 - the way I see it, jojoba oil is the only thing worth using, and it seems to have gotten a lot more popular lately. Anyways sorry for the rant... to get back on topic - take things slowly!

Totally agree with RS on this. In my view, changing pillow cases / towels all the time / wiping down phones, washing hair daily and washing 3x a day rather than 2x will not make an appreciable difference in acne and actually just make you obssessive/compulsive if you manage to comply with the rule sor depressed if you don't. I believe in the KISS principle (aka Keep it simple stupid). Personally I wash off the dirt and pollution at the end of the day with a gentle cleanswer and in the morning I just wash with warm water. Moisturiser wise, I just use jojoba oil with aloe vera gel. My only topical, at night, is Green Cream.

Good nuts are expensive. Stale ones are expensive. Good for many but expensive.

The vast majority of people of European heritage can eat wheat. Just because more people that have acne have a problem with wheat than the general population doesn't mean much. Same for dairy. Most of us with a background in Europe have enough Lactase.

Cut out the obvious first: excess sugars, refined foods, trans fats, etc... and go form there. Cut out dairy and wheat if the above doesn't work.

Tea is one of the most healthy things you can drink. In fact I would argue it's the best thing outside of water you can drink. Good loose leaf white, green , matcha(the best), and rooibos(not really a tea). If you really want to get into tea and the health bebefits go to chinatown and get a wheel of pu-erh (Like a giant cheese wheel). You can age it like wine and it's amazing for you. Doesn't taste as good as the above teas though.

Pour bioling water on rooibos and steep for at least 10 min. Pour hot but less than boiling water on green and white and steep for a little over 1 min. You can reuse the leaves a few times this way.

:think:

Wow.. So what the hell do i eat in order to get full? Basically im only things that come off trees or the earth.. i mean i cant eat Animales as in meat? Nor Speghatti and things that are seruiosly going to get me full becouse carrots leaves and salads.. dont get me full at all...

Wow.. So what the hell do i eat in order to get full? Basically im only things that come off trees or the earth.. i mean i cant eat Animales as in meat? Nor Speghatti and things that are seruiosly going to get me full becouse carrots leaves and salads.. dont get me full at all...

Unless you're against grains, you could do oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain crackers with spreads, etc. Beans are very filling as well. I like combining cans of veggie soup, beans, and some kind of tomato based canned item for fast, easy, delicious meals. I usually do green smoothies in the morning, healthy snacks during the day and usually some kind of soup for dinner.... and I often fit in a sweet treat somewhere in there too. haha :)

Unless you're against grains, you could do oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain crackers with spreads, etc. Beans are very filling as well. I like combining cans of veggie soup, beans, and some kind of tomato based canned item for fast, easy, delicious meals. I usually do green smoothies in the morning, healthy snacks during the day and usually some kind of soup for dinner.... and I often fit in a sweet treat somewhere in there too. haha :)

Wow..............................

I dont know if i can keep doing this acne diet or w/e it is b/c i Must eat meat damnit or something that can fill me Up FOOD!! not no Vegetarion S***

Well maybe you should look into the Paleo diet. Though you don't seem like the most open-minded person, you may like the look of this diet, and it seems to give results for acne. Basically it dictates that you can eat:

fruit

vegetables

nuts/seeds

fish

meat

And that's it. No grains, no dairy, no added sugar. Not a bad diet for the meat lover.

Well maybe you should look into the Paleo diet. Though you don't seem like the most open-minded person, you may like the look of this diet, and it seems to give results for acne. Basically it dictates that you can eat:

fruit

vegetables

nuts/seeds

fish

meat

And that's it. No grains, no dairy, no added sugar. Not a bad diet for the meat lover.

I agree with R.S. Since you like meat so much, the paleo diet would be a good place to start.

im not saying i like meat i mean i can barley eat anything!

No Maccoroni cuz it has cheese..

no Spegahti i dont know y..

No fish stick i dont know y..

No Vegetarion pizza dont know y.

and no Hamburgers... dont know y..

I'm confused, why can't you eat those things?

I'm confused, why can't you eat those things?

lol.. you said no things with milk in it Maccoroni has milk... and you just said try not to eat anything with milk in it i cant eat white bread niether..

so i can eat speghati,patatoes and stuff?

just lay off the sweet stuff and stuff thats greezy like chicken hamburgers and products with milk in them? well can i eat cerial?

You can eat whatever you want, nobody is telling you what to do. When it comes down to it, it's your body. Do some expierementing on your own, just because something works or doesn't work for somebody doesn't necessarily mean it will affect you the same way.

^ the mac with cheese was obvious, but spaghetti is just fine. :) Go for whole wheat spagetti. Cereal is fine - just make sure it's not loaded with sugar. You could eat it with soy, almond, or rice milk. There are still LOTS of things you can eat. :) If you like potatos, you can add black beans, pico de gallo (diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro), and vegenaise ( a non-dairy mayonaisse that is delicious!! Even non health people like it, haha). I advise going to a health food store or big health market like Whole Foods or Wild Oats - you'll find lots of healthy options.

You can eat whatever you want, nobody is telling you what to do. When it comes down to it, it's your body. Do some expierementing on your own, just because something works or doesn't work for somebody doesn't necessarily mean it will affect you the same way.