Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R4chel

Drinking whilst taking Ro-accutane

Lil advice needed here peeps,

Currently on my 11th day of taking Ro-accutane, Before starting had a browse throu the side affects etc leaflet 8-[ and it said to AVOID alcohol.

Now to me avoiding aint ness saying DONT drink it is it,And alot of medication says the same -which before now id payed no attention to

....However ro-accutane iz a strong treatment and im curious if anyone who has done the course found it really did hinder it in anyway or know anymore info than i do about it?

Ov i am avoiding it more than usual (at weekends) as it wouldnt state in the leaflet to do so for no reason... BUT what wiv christmas/new year and my birthday approaching... biggrin.gif/

Surely i dont have to be Tea-total ?? sad.gif

Hi,

I wouldnt recommend drinking whilst on RoAc.You will have the worst hangover on record and it will feel like you have taken a double dose of RoAc cause the alcohol will in turn dehydrate you,as does the medication.

Speaking from experience,I was in the same league are you while on it.I didnt want to give up drinking.......so.......I went out one night a week for a few drinks.....say 5 pints and left it at that.

I guess it would be ok to have a few drinks a week....but dont go all out and get totally pissed ,horsing the alcohol down,as you will regret it in the morning with a hangover from hell and you'll be unbelievably dehydrated.

The liver has alot to contend with while on RoAc....so alcohol puts it on overtime if you know what I mean.

A few drinks a week though would be ok....but for me I limited myself to about 5 pints...once a week n that was ok....but at the same time I was a little dehydrated,but nothing major on that.

The key is avoiding getting totally pissed,and hence avoiding a hangover.

Guest agentx

ye ... drinking affects ur liver and so does accutane ... u wouldnt want the poor fellow to be screwed twice lol. Even if u HAVE to drink ... make sure u take in like TONS of water everyday.

only way it has affected me is that i get messed up on a lot less alcohol. sucks when you're playing beer pong cause then you lose that shit mad easy. drink the same amount of water as alcohol while you are getting your ass trashed because it keeps the headache from getting real bad.

You should be *really* careful with drinking -- your liver is one of those things they keep an eye on while you're on accutane. So, even if you're not concerned about the extra short term damage you're doing to your liver with accutane + drinking, your doctor might decide to take you off accutane if it looks like your liver is in bad shape.

-kristin

are you drinking as a social thing? I would NOT recommend drinking really hard liquor like bacardi 151. No no no.

If you're going to drink, I'd recommend drinking beer instead of hard alcohol. Do not over-do it. Make sure you drink plenty of water, you want to get rid of all that crap. Remember your liver is working really hard right now

-Accutane messing with it

-Filtering all that water you drink (8glasses+ ahh!)

-plus alcohol!

The derm usually asks if you've been drinking alcohol as well. So, I'm not sure if you should lie or not. But If it was me, i wouldn't drink within 2 weeks of my next blood test...

It's not smart, but maybe once or twice a month - lightly, won't be bad

Thanks for the feedback peeps smile.gif Much appricated

Yer is a social thing when mainly drink @ acne sucks, but your comment on drinking hard stuff has made me think #-o . Im a vodka redbull girl/ spirts etc u c, can knock um back when out...So carnt be good for the liver eh! sad.gif

Been on ro-accutane for 3weeks this week now still been drinking like...

Only diff ive really noticed iz i do get pissed quicker biggrin.gif/ ... But comments made on hangovers ..i never got them ne way just wake up still pissed .. but on sayin that im not feeling as good next morning nowdayz :-s

Im going T-total till xmas time ne wayz now ive decieded idea.gif

Drank more since on accutane but then i kno i shouldnt be ... dont we all do thingz like that or iz it just me? [-(

Anyway best get down the gym to get rid..... ive a blood test next week!!! :roll:

R4chel when i was on ro-acc i got drunk all the time.

I went out all the time to clubs/partys/gigs/festivals and i always drank. The only difference is what u mentioned, u get pissed very fast lol.

Where abouts in the uk u from?

Very fast indeed!! Had half a larger n black at lunch last week and felt a lil "woo hooo" :lol:

So you recon it didnt make any diff at all then... idea.gif Ok...Maybe now ive drank then, ill try no drink n see what happens then?? :-k

I wana carry on as normal sad.gif but if it really did make a difference i would behave more O:)

Prioritys n all tha..

Im from outside birmingham.

And yourself

lol yeh im a brummie

i say jsut drink as normal, u wont need much to get drunk lol so its not as tho its gonna be really feckin up ure liver.

hmm how old are u and where abts in brum u from? and how the hell does the sig suggest im a yam yam, lol its nothing to do with it.

Yer very true

No-ones really said anything worryin so i think ill carry on as normal ..cross any bridges if i come to um So until then just cheap n cheerful nites i guess biggrin.gif/

19 Walsall if u kno it... n u

As for sig suggestin you was a yam yam :-k ......usin the word ya about 10times might ov been a hint :roll: haha

heh its actually a qoute from a film. im 18 and from bromsgrove / worcester.

do u go out into brum much as im normally out there quite a bit.

Haha. Lightweight i am indeed

Yer i go up brum but not loads.. taxi iz a killer sad.gif

Whats bars u go in or recommend even..

well i reccomend u stay away from Risa, ive had 3 chick mates who have been robbed in there or 3 diff occasions.

The pitstop is where we normally go, its not tht great but we know the bar staff and manager so its free/cheap drinks smile.gif My favourite bar is snobs. Its only 50p a shot, so while ure on ro-acc £1.50 will get u hammered tongue.gif

either way we always end up in the works normally, its a bit pants after a while but theres not many other places like that in broadstreet.

Yer ive been in Risa 1st n last time.. wouldnt say was dodgy as ive been to worse but the music in there certainly was!! ](*,)

As for pitstop ive never heard or been ...but snobs i kno ov - that how much the drinks r biggrin.gif looks like i can afford to o out this weekend after all then wiv my £1.50. biggrin.gif/ Haha

And yer been to the works couple ov timez, s'alright in there, big place like.

What rooms u normally go for in there then?

well i move all around the works but im normally in room 2 as if any of my mates are in there thats norm where we go to meet.

Room 2 mean nothing to moi but id take it Rn B room either tha or your a secret cheesey dancer in the 80's room biggrin.gif/ hehe

Wahey cu, hoping to get ya jaffers up her crackers are we?!? tongue.gif

Ya both welcome to come dan london for a buzzin night out. Come and see what real clubs are like. Chinawhite is da shiznit. biggrin.gif

--jay