Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

New 55% Lactic Acid Peel

I just received the following e-mail from Kathie (she's great) at Makeup Artists Choice:

"We have our new 55% lactic acid pH 2.4 peel here....we simply haven't had time to list it yet, but hope to get it online sometime next week. That should help you tremendously and keep you in the lactic line so that we don't have to worry about undue irritation with glycolics or salicylic acid."

She is sending me a sample. As soon as I get it (and try it), I'll post my feedback to this forum.

(I know it's against policy to post new product offerings, but since this peel should be of interest to many people on this site, I thought I'd give you all a heads up.)

Guest Tracy

Yeah, Kathie told me she was working with her chemist to produce one because there were alot of requests for it and I want to bump up from the 40% I've been using of hers and Maya is sick of the bad customer service she's been getting from Homepeels. I thought she originally said it would be completed by the first of the year but I'm grateful that it's ready now. Thanks for the info!!

(I know it's against policy to post new product offerings, but since this peel should be of interest to many people on this site, I thought I'd give you all a heads up.)

Oh, good. The following rule concerned me a bit:

2. Do not post simply to advertise another site or product.

Robert - That mainly applies to people just coming onto this board posting SPAM - we've had several of these people in the past who were out to conn people. Lactic peels are already widely used here, so the new info about a higher % peel from a reputable company is a good thing coz I think many of us wanted to upgrade but didn't know who could offer this.

Is Kathi offering samples to anyone? I would love to try it.

Let me know when you've tried yours and how it compares to the lower %.

Thanks

Hi Maya,

Most orders reach the destination address within 14 days. However, we've noticed that UK Customs has been taking a bit longer for processing than it used to. So, it's difficult to give you an exact time-frame. We ship within 24 hours or getting an "ok" from the client on the shipping charges.

Packages under 2 pounds, and shipped by Global Priority Mail, cost $8 for shipping. This doesn't include duties or taxes that you must pay when the goods arrive in the UK.

You should be able to get approximately 15-20 peels for each ounce of product. Assuming you are using it once/twice a week, a 2 ounce size would last for approximately 4 1/2 months. Shelf life is 24 months provided it is stored in a cool, dry place.

Warm regards,

Kathie Dean, MA, LE

Founder/CEO

Makeup Artist's Choice

www.makeupartistschoice.com

I just ordered a couple of hours ago too biggrin.gif

By the way - a note to others - if you haven't used lactic peels before, I suggest you start with the 40%. Do at least 8 peels b4 moving up.