Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happygurl

Apple Cider Vinegar

After a couple of weeks, I finally got up the nerve to swallow the ACV. I put a little in a plastic cup, stuck a straw inside and - after my boyfriend stopped laughing - attempted to sip it. As soon as it hit the back of my throat, I began gagging and my throat closed up. I started to retch and it took about 30 seconds before I could breathe again. I was so disappointed and angry - I felt like a fool!!! I really like what I'm reading on the internet about vinegar but am nonetheless scared of drinking it. Also, I don't think I have ACV - just the vinegar I found in my 100 yen shop. I live in Japan so I'm not sure if ACV is popular here but I think I'll go look more carefully in my supermarket.

Did I drink it too slow? Should I have taken it like a shot of tequila? I like what it's doing for my red marks and really want to try it on the inside, too!

After a couple of weeks, I finally got up the nerve to swallow the ACV. I put a little in a plastic cup, stuck a straw inside and - after my boyfriend stopped laughing - attempted to sip it. As soon as it hit the back of my throat, I began gagging and my throat closed up. I started to retch and it took about 30 seconds before I could breathe again. I was so disappointed and angry - I felt like a fool!!! I really like what I'm reading on the internet about vinegar but am nonetheless scared of drinking it. Also, I don't think I have ACV - just the vinegar I found in my 100 yen shop. I live in Japan so I'm not sure if ACV is popular here but I think I'll go look more carefully in my supermarket.

Did I drink it too slow? Should I have taken it like a shot of tequila? I like what it's doing for my red marks and really want to try it on the inside, too!

you have to dilute in something like water, even then after a while it can mess up your stomach lining, do not do shots of it straight, thats not very good.

LoL, you put it in water.

Wow, I'm surprised that so many people seem to hate this stuff so much. I've been doing 2 tbsp. of Bragg's ACV three times a day in an 8-oz. glass of water since August. The effects aren't perfect but I do believe it helps. I've also recently begun supplementing with green smoothies, so what I've been doing is getting one of my ACV servings by adding it to the smoothie. There are so many other things in the smoothie that you don't taste it at all - some of you may want to try that if the taste is that big of a problem.

I'm pretty sure this helped me too. I stopped drinking it for a while and my acne came back. I've been drinking it constantly now for a couple of weeks and am waiting to see some results again. Not sure if that was what did it for me last time though.

I may be drinking too much if such a thing is possible?

I started drinking it twice a day since about july-august.I used to have really bad back acne,also on my chest and shoulders and of course face.By now,my back-chest-shoulders' acne is 100 % gone.My face cleared up before,but at this moment I have a lot of stress and my face has broken out again,thank god not on my chest and back at least.And I forgot to mention I also use it topically,I dilute it 50:50 with water and use on face every day,on back and chest few times a week.In the beginning I used it religiously every day,but my chest and back doesn't need so much anymore,it stays clear very well like this.

Also I read a good receipe from the internet,where you add a bit of baking soda to the acv drink,it neutralises the taste and is better for your teeth and easier on your stomach but it works as well as without it.

It's worth a try anyway,it might help you.

How much should I be drinking? And when is the best time to drink? Also I dilute 1 tabelespoon in a mug and drink it straight, can this erode my enamel?

bump

I don't think it interferes with any medications...

I once researched whether ACV interferes with Birth Control Pills, and the google-ing came back with a negative majority.

Good luck to you!

HappyGurl :)

You're saying people are saying negative things happening because acv interferes with birth control pills or are they saying that it's okay to take the acv with the pills? I'm just wondering if I read this right.

How much should I be drinking? And when is the best time to drink? Also I dilute 1 tabelespoon in a mug and drink it straight, can this erode my enamel?

Yes it will dissolve you enamel and wreck havoc on your stomach lining :| do not drink it at such a high concentration.

Now to happier things..

I think I'll give this a go :D I drink about 2 litres of water a day in little .33 litre bottles so if I put a teaspoon in each little bottle it'll be about 2 tablespoons (6 teaspoons) which sounds about right :D

I've been told to take a tablespoon of ACV everyday in warm water with manuka honey for a week and then up it to 2 tablespoons *looks up* after telling Why me off I doubt that'll be a good idea..

Ok I think I'll do the warm water with honey but dilute it to half a tablespoon 4 times a day with the honey.

Wish me luck :D

Thanks to the HappyGurl for starting this...

I just added ACV to my routine as of yesterday evening. I am taking 2-3 tsp of Bragg's Organic ACV in water or Rooibus "Tea" 3 times a day. I add in a little organic honey as well.

I will let you all know how it works out.

Not sure if it's all in my head or the ACV, but when I woke up this morning, the tone of my skin was much improved. It seems like it is really cleansing my system. I am going to continue taking it 3xs/day for 1-2 months and let everyone know if I notice an improvement. ;)

and P.S. - I really don't mind the taste either... esp. if I add a little organic honey and Rooibus to it.

Not sure if it's all in my head or the ACV, but when I woke up this morning, the tone of my skin was much improved. It seems like it is really cleansing my system. I am going to continue taking it 3xs/day for 1-2 months and let everyone know if I notice an improvement. ;)

and P.S. - I really don't mind the taste either... esp. if I add a little organic honey and Rooibus to it.

Does anyone know if taking it in capsule form will effect how its absorbed and its effects? What can I do to make for it?

Thanks

Does anyone know if taking it in capsule form will effect how its absorbed and its effects? What can I do to make for it?

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know much about the capsules or their dosage. I have heard that taking it in liquid form is better, however. The organic Bragg's version is really not bad at all.

Does anyone here apply ACV topically? If so, do you dilute it at all or use it straight?

Also... has anyone else broken out fro using it?

I certainly did! Is there a purging time frame?

Does anyone here apply ACV topically? If so, do you dilute it at all or use it straight?

Also... has anyone else broken out fro using it?

I certainly did! Is there a purging time frame?

you're supposed to dilute it 1 part acv 10 parts water.

Does anyone know if it's ok to put like 3x worth of acv in a bottle of water and drink it over the day? Will it corrode my teeth?

Tried some of the Giant brand cider vinegar today, it smells like wine and is tangy =) I mixed a tablespoon with about a quarter of a cup of raspberry seltzer and it was fine.

do u have to drink it though?

for a few days i have been washing ym face with baking soda and ACV because i've read that it works, and you know what - it really does! red marks on my cheeks are fading also, but do you think drinking it would be more beneficial?

i cant stand the smell of it, and have a really weak stomach, so hats off to you! :)

I started this yesturday 2 tablespoons in the morning and 2 at night diluted in water (can't bare to do it without) did the same today. I have broken out quite a bit did this happen to anyone else in the begining? Im not 100% sure its due to the ACV as ive been thinking recently that my make up is causing me to break out and i wore it saturday and sunday and yesturday and today have been quite bad. Also my spots are very hormonal and its the week before my period so they could be hormonal, however i don't think they are as they arnt the usual spots i get due to hormones. They are all little red inflammed bumps, did anyone else get this due to the ACV, i hope it is to do with that because hopefully its just ACV clearing out all the crap. Has anyone had succes with ACV with hormonal spots? i know mine are hormonal as they come up without fail a week before my period and then stop once i come off, then i have clear skin for 2 weeks and then it repeats itself.