Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happygurl

Apple Cider Vinegar

I bought some Bragg's today at hi-health. Mixed 2 tbs in a cup with about 18 oz. of water. Had to gag it down. Tasted pretty atrocious. I guess I'll need to add some honey or something to make it more tolerable.

xxndnromeoxx how much water do you normally mix it in? Do you think I would achieve adequate health benefits only using 2 tbs 2x a day?

I bought some Bragg's today at hi-health. Mixed 2 tbs in a cup with about 18 oz. of water. Had to gag it down. Tasted pretty atrocious. I guess I'll need to add some honey or something to make it more tolerable.

xxndnromeoxx how much water do you normally mix it in? Do you think I would achieve adequate health benefits only using 2 tbs 2x a day?

Start with smaller amounts, after a while it will actually taste kinda good.

Would using ACV internally conflict with the positive effects of vitamins and antioxidants?

I want to get clear and stay clear, but I don't want to lose the goods...

Check out post 567 :) It has everything listed, that should help you out. Let me know if you have any more questions

Would using ACV internally conflict with the positive effects of vitamins and antioxidants?

I want to get clear and stay clear, but I don't want to lose the goods...

Nope. I take a multivitamin, and multiveggie with acv :) It works amazingly well! It's like a body toxin clearing machine, when combined.

Okay, since I can't take ACV orally (too gross for me) I decided to buy 100% organic apple juice instead. I'm going to drink at least 2 glasses a day, do u guys think this will function the same as the vinegar? the juice is pretty dark and cloudy, I'm thinking the "good stuff" was left in since it IS organic. Let me know what u guys think!

Okay, since I can't take ACV orally (too gross for me) I decided to buy 100% organic apple juice instead. I'm going to drink at least 2 glasses a day, do u guys think this will function the same as the vinegar? the juice is pretty dark and cloudy, I'm thinking the "good stuff" was left in since it IS organic. Let me know what u guys think!

Nope, it'll be just like eating an apple.

The acv does the work, it cleans out your system and does the wonder part. Apple juice alone does not :(

ok. so i'm thinking about accutane, but i'm currently doing the ACV thing. does anyone know if i can do both?

the ACV is doing an okay job and i have some pleasant side effects from it. i want to try accutane without giving up ACV. the ACV dries me up a bit, that is where my question is coming from. i've read that accutane is bad for the liver and i've read that ACV is good for the liver. just wondering,

ok. so i'm thinking about accutane, but i'm currently doing the ACV thing. does anyone know if i can do both?

the ACV is doing an okay job and i have some pleasant side effects from it. i want to try accutane without giving up ACV. the ACV dries me up a bit, that is where my question is coming from. i've read that accutane is bad for the liver and i've read that ACV is good for the liver. just wondering,

I would ask your doctor about that one :) Let him know you're trying to take acv internally with accutane and see what he says :)

okay so...

i've been using an albertsons brand acv that comes in a water bottle basically (because i didn't want to buy a large amount to begin with).. i use it as a toner basically but just at night, using a cottonball to put on my face, diluted at 50% acv and 50% water. i don't really know what good it's done in the past few weeks, maybe a little bit.. so i started reading the topic more and i didn't even realize the first time through that people were drinking it, but now it seems apparent that that's the most popular use..

since this topic is so big, i kind of just want to know what the regimen is, and i actually have bigger problems at hand.

i want to quit bp because it makes my face so dry.. i want to know, especially to gear up for summer, what i should do to heal my face from the dryness. when i get out of the shower and let my face dry, its' almost like sandpaper, and looks like it too. it's horrible.

then when i put all the crap, which includes a layer of toner/acv, layer of bp, and layer of moisturizer during the day, it looks fine, but starts flaking towards the end of the day and is really embarassing.

someone get me straight, PLEASE, i don't care how just tell me what to do, i'm sick of looking

I don't post much here but...

I've been doing ACV for about a month now, and I'd swear by this stuff. My face is doing 10x better with it. I am also doing Duac, Retin A .1, and some herbal pills and Doxy, but I really like what ACV does.

Rock on ACV, Rock on

okay so...

i've been using an albertsons brand acv that comes in a water bottle basically (because i didn't want to buy a large amount to begin with).. i use it as a toner basically but just at night, using a cottonball to put on my face, diluted at 50% acv and 50% water. i don't really know what good it's done in the past few weeks, maybe a little bit.. so i started reading the topic more and i didn't even realize the first time through that people were drinking it, but now it seems apparent that that's the most popular use..

since this topic is so big, i kind of just want to know what the regimen is, and i actually have bigger problems at hand.

i want to quit bp because it makes my face so dry.. i want to know, especially to gear up for summer, what i should do to heal my face from the dryness. when i get out of the shower and let my face dry, its' almost like sandpaper, and looks like it too. it's horrible.

then when i put all the crap, which includes a layer of toner/acv, layer of bp, and layer of moisturizer during the day, it looks fine, but starts flaking towards the end of the day and is really embarassing.

someone get me straight, PLEASE, i don't care how just tell me what to do, i'm sick of looking

My face gets really dry as well. What do you use to cleanse your face? The toner and acv might be a bit too acidic for your face, especially if you have sensitive skin. You might want to try using less bp, or just use it every other day instead of every day. I keep a little bottle of moisturizer in my pocket so I can moisturize at work or elsewhere if I need to. You might want to do that if it starts flaking while you're away from home.

okay so...

Don't use a toner and acv! Toners are too drying.

Also, dilute the acv more, I do that and it works just fine.

You may also want to change cleansers to something gentler? And only apply BP at nights

i have a question about this,

i started trying this a couple weeks ago,

i think it gave me a sore throat and a stomache ache,

anyone else having these same problems?

ive read threw the first say 15 pages of this thread i believe i haven't seen anyone with those exact problems.

Let me know what you think because if you dont think it causes that im going to go back on ACV =]

thanksss

jimbooo

Hi Guys,

I joined acne.org and decided to post on the message board only to share a tip on clearing and preventing acne, cleansing from the inside OUT.

Back in May, my boyfriend was suffering from seasonal allergies (yes, I digress, but I have a point, please keep reading!!!), and his mother advised him to dilute a teaspoon or two of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR in a glass of water (3X a day). This was an "old cure" she found in her gigantic "Old English Remedies" book that is easily several centuries old. She claimed that the ACV helped to flush out toxins from the liver and intestinal tract, thereby enabling the systems to work more efficiently.

"Yeah, whatever," I thought. But much to my own surprise, the ACV did help my boyfriend's allergies, and, although nothing can really replace Claritin on a lush spring day, it was an excellent supplement. (By the way, only ORGANIC apple cider vinegar should be used for this purpose, because it is unprocessed and retains more of the original beneficial minerals.)

This got the gears going in my own head. (I have suffered with mild to moderate acne since I was 15. I'm now 25, and I had been frustrated well into my 20s that I have not outgrown this.) I googled everything about Apple Cider Vinegar "flushing toxins out of the body," and found a substantial amount of pages devoted to this very subject.

I started drinking 1-2 tsp of ACV in a glass of water, 3X a day. And I tell you...it worked WONDERS. For about a month, I had clear, clean, beautiful skin.

And THEN, in July sometime, because I'm silly...I thought to myself, "Oh, it's probably not the ACV that cleared my skin. It's probably all the water I'm drinking, or some miracle cream I've been using." (I was using MANY at the time...)

I stopped using the ACV and just stuck to drinking tons of water. And guess what?? The acne came back, in all the places it had become comfortable in over the past ten years (cheeks, chin, jawline, forehead, etc.). I had new pimples on a daily basis, I had scars from old breakouts, and I could even feel new, more painful ones forming underneath the surface of my skin.

In early November, I figured I would try the ACV remedy just one more time, only this time, I would STICK WITH IT for one month, and I would minimize my use of beauty products. I wanted the process of elimination to determine whether it was the ACV, or if I had in fact been correct in my theories the previous May.

In terms of skincare, I became rather complacent about it all, really, I only used bar soap and hot water. No toner. No moisturizer. No sublock. NADA. I didn't even use ACV topically. I also took the makeup down a notch after reading what kind of horrible ingredients are included in even the best cosmetic lines.

SO. One month later...Drum roll PLEASE...

I am clean and clear for GOOD. I am so sure now that ACV is responsible for controlling my acne, that I'm willing to bet my life on it. (Okay, maybe not my life, but definitely my house!) I have scars remaining from past breakouts, but I don't have ONE nasty little pimple waiting in the wings.

Everyday, I drink one tsp of ACV in every bottle of water I drink. This gentle dilution also minimizes enamel erosion on teeth, in case anyone is worried about that. As to taste...what can I say? It's not the greatest, but it is possible to get used to the stuff and to start liking the citrusy flavor.

Nowadays, I usually drink between 2-3 litres of water per day, each serving of which has at least 1 tsp of ACV in it. If I drink a large 1.5 liter bottle, I will put 4-5 tsp of ACV in it.

As a cleanser, I use whatever happens to be around. I recently used Aveeno's calming foaming whatcha-ma-callit at my mom's house, and it seems to make my skin feel very soft to the touch. To heal the scars from previous breakouts, I do swear by Aveeno correction lotion (this is temporary until the scars disappear) and, as a moisturizer, I just use Ultra Protection Water-Based Sunscreen Lotion SPF 25 by Kiehl's. (I am very unhappy about some of the ingredients, i.e., Ethylparaben and Methylparaben, etc., but have yet to find a natural alternative for sunblock, and I am determined to age well, so...my options seem limited.)

I swear by Apple Cider Vinegar, and I joined acne.org for the sole purpose of sharing this information. I know what it's like to feel too embarrassed to go somewhere because of breakouts. I sympathize with those who use makeup to cover up what they're too ashamed to show. And I understand the sensation of walking down the street, literally green with envy, of the person adjacent, who happens to have been born with flawless, beautiful skin.

I also have to say that I don't know if this will work for everyone, whether I just happened to be lucky enough to discover this remedy, or whether I happen to have the "right" genetic make up needed to respond to ACV. But I would encourage that this is worth a try for anyone with troubled skin.

Be patient, persistent, and consistent.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to offer whatever help I can. I'm certainly not a doctor, I don't work for any cosmetics companies, and I certainly don't endorse or sell any products or any of that. I am, however, an extremely HappyGurl, who just won one of the biggest battles of her life. In the end, though, lesson learned, I didn't have to fight it out, I just flushed it out.

Good night and good luck :)

HappyGurl

ACV is what cured me. I know it. However for some reason it is not helping now. I've started breaking out again and I've never stopped drinking it, I actually enjoy drinking it now and feels it acts as a digestive aid.

I am also on to the double strength. Does anyone think it is possible for your body to become too use to it?

I'm so glad it has helped you - it feels great hey?

I'm still sticking with ACV as it has so meaning amazing health benefits.

Interesting stuff. I've previously read about people taking a shot of ACV in the morning, to significantly reduce the glycemic index of their meals later on. I wonder if this effect on blood sugar levels is what causes the beneficial effects here.

I bought Apple cider vinegar from krogar, the supermarker, is that the same thing?

Its apple cider vinegar, so yes.

Interesting stuff. I've previously read about people taking a shot of ACV in the morning, to significantly reduce the glycemic index of their meals later on. I wonder if this effect on blood sugar levels is what causes the beneficial effects here.

It very well could be. I'm not totally sure, but I do know about it generally, and just that it helps really well. :dance: