Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happygurl

Apple Cider Vinegar

Just for the smell i dont use it as a toner, if i would, i would only do it at night.

And holy smokes, this stuff works great! No new pimples for like 2 days in a row! My skin looks healthier and red marks seem to lose redness somewhat, its amazing!

Ive only been using it for a week, i wonder what itll be like after a month!!

ps i have/had mild acne

I started drinking this today, wow ok definalty need to take it slow and drink a little each day, the first time I sip..sip remind you, NOT gulp. but just a little sip and I felt like i was going to throw up. :redface: But I took a sip here and there throughout the day and it got better.

The taste isn't bad acutally, kinda has a tangy taste to it, I'll need to get get straws though I know this stuff can damage your teeth overtime and that's the last thing I need is bad teeth.

My way of avoiding the tooth problem is to take a tablespoonful, neat, right after breakfast, and right before I brush my teeth (literally, seconds before I brush my teeth). Then at night, if I want to have another tablespoon, I have it last thing before I brush my teeth for the night.

My way of avoiding the tooth problem is to take a tablespoonful, neat, right after breakfast, and right before I brush my teeth (literally, seconds before I brush my teeth). Then at night, if I want to have another tablespoon, I have it last thing before I brush my teeth for the night.

I have been doing the same thing. Take ACV right before brushing. I also follow it with juice or something, so it is washed out of my mouth anyways...

OKay.. is anyone else getting bloated from drinking AVC?? Cause I think I am! ever since I started drinking it I've been getting so bloated! I dont know exactly how much I drink a day I just kinda pour a little into my glass every time I drink water... shoudl I be drinking less??

i've had that a couple of times tdot, i think it only happened though when i had it on a empty stomach :confused: sorry i'm useless i can't remember for sure lol. but yeh try to make sure ya have it after food or something...i don't think your takin too much if you say you only pour a little in every glass of water. i suppose it depends how much you mean by a little though. i just have 2 teaspoons, 3 times a day after breakfast, midday, and before bed with a small amount of water. :)

OKay.. is anyone else getting bloated from drinking AVC?? Cause I think I am! ever since I started drinking it I've been getting so bloated! I dont know exactly how much I drink a day I just kinda pour a little into my glass every time I drink water... shoudl I be drinking less??

i've had that a couple of times tdot, i think it only happened though when i had it on a empty stomach :confused: sorry i'm useless i can't remember for sure lol. but yeh try to make sure ya have it after food or something...i don't think your takin too much if you say you only pour a little in every glass of water. i suppose it depends how much you mean by a little though. i just have 2 teaspoons, 3 times a day after breakfast, midday, and before bed with a small amount of water. :)

I have about 4-5 Tablespoons mixed about 50/50 with water every morning. I haven't noticed any bloating.

As some people mentioned, I think that i have hit the "toxin cleansing" breakout. Just a few zits here and there. It doesn't bother me that much because my complexion still looks overall better than it did when I was mostly clear on BP. Also, the zits are small and are healing at a record pace. I have never seen my skin heal this fast. Ever. If I have a serious breakout I will let eveyone know to give the heads up, but everyone in the forum seems to be having results from this on some level... pretty cool.

If my stomach doesn't have adverse reactions, can I drink this on a semi/empty stomach?

It depends on what you can take, some people can, others can't. I started drinking this stuff today and I certianly need to drink it when eatting something or I feel like I'm going throw up badly.

But people do advise that you don't drink it with a empty stomach.

Hi everyone. This is very interesting. Am I suppose to use warm or cold water when I take it? How long should I wait before uping my doses? Do you guys take it before or after eating? What brand(s) should I look for when shopping? Would I be better off buying a specfic brand? Thanks.

Hi, it's MooJamba from the DIP thread.

Just want to say that I've been taking ACV (about two teaspoons) a day for maybe just over a week - I lose track. But it seems to be doing a great job, and even replacing my Vitamin B5 pills that I was trying. So my advice to everyone is keep it up.

I've tried different ways of taking the ACV as I find it's really disgusting. This week I've had a cold and sore throat, so it hasn't helped when taking it -- but I thought I'd come up with the easiest way to take it recently. I believe someone else commented on this too. My solution was, and initially by accident, to keep it chilled in the fridge (think it tastes more powerful and disgusting when it's warm room temp) and to take it neat (undilouted) from half a tea-spoon. And take that twice to make your full teaspoon. Now, before I had my sore throat, I didnt even wince much - and it was much faster than drink a glass full of the horrible taste. --Of course, if you're going to try this, make sure you have a glass full of water to throw down after you've taken it.

Two observations I've also made:

1. Whilst I've had a cold, I don't think I've had so much phelm. Perhaps the ACV on it's way down is breaking it all up easier? Thus I haven't been coughing very much.

2. Because I also do the DIP regime, sometimes I add some ACV to the water that my face soaks in. Had it not been for the fact that it uses up the ACV quite quickly, I'd say it makes my skin look pretty toned after and for a few days after. Also, and I could be wrong, but soaking your face in the stuff leaves it looking with a slight tan for a few days after too. But I'm never too sure about this, so I'm trying to better compare my face shade after doing this, with when I haven't done it for a while. I'm sure there's a slight difference though.

Good luck!

If my stomach doesn't have adverse reactions, can I drink this on a semi/empty stomach?

It depends on what you can take, some people can, others can't. I started drinking this stuff today and I certianly need to drink it when eatting something or I feel like I'm going throw up badly.

But people do advise that you don't drink it with a empty stomach.

funny i just started taking ACV 3 times a day with out reading this post and yeah it does kinda help with the skin. It doesnt cure acne(nothing does) but I see a noticeable difference.

Can someone recommend me a way of using ACV topically?

Also should I drink it and use it topically at the same time to maximize results??

Thanks in advance.

Just want to say that I've been taking ACV (about two teaspoons) a day for maybe just over a week - I lose track. But it seems to be doing a great job, and even replacing my Vitamin B5 pills that I was trying. So my advice to everyone is keep it up.

I've tried different ways of taking the ACV as I find it's really disgusting. This week I've had a cold and sore throat, so it hasn't helped when taking it -- but I thought I'd come up with the easiest way to take it recently. I believe someone else commented on this too. My solution was, and initially by accident, to keep it chilled in the fridge (think it tastes more powerful and disgusting when it's warm room temp) and to take it neat (undilouted) from half a tea-spoon. And take that twice to make your full teaspoon. Now, before I had my sore throat, I didnt even wince much - and it was much faster than drink a glass full of the horrible taste. --Of course, if you're going to try this, make sure you have a glass full of water to throw down after you've taken it.

1. Whilst I've had a cold, I don't think I've had so much phelm. Perhaps the ACV on it's way down is breaking it all up easier? Thus I haven't been coughing very much.

2. Because I also do the DIP regime, sometimes I add some ACV to the water that my face soaks in. Had it not been for the fact that it uses up the ACV quite quickly, I'd say it makes my skin look pretty toned after and for a few days after. Also, and I could be wrong, but soaking your face in the stuff leaves it looking with a slight tan for a few days after too. But I'm never too sure about this, so I'm trying to better compare my face shade after doing this, with when I haven't done it for a while. I'm sure there's a slight difference though.

Good luck!

I read on a site about ACV that for colds it cuts the phelm down, reducing a cough, so keep drinking, it has endless health benifets!

as for me, i just started ACV, couldn't stand the taste, started to avoid it, then tried to take it in shots, made my teeth feel like i had cavities and i was giving up. so i looked up what you can add to it so it won't taste so awful. some people have it diluted in water and then add cinnamon and honey, it works! have the slight nasty taste in it still, so i kept looking and people put it in orange juice. that is the best thing i've found so far, i don't even taste it at all! so for those of you who can't stand it, orange juice is the way to go - (and both put togethor put up a great defense for cold/flu season)

if there's anyone canadian reading this, where can you buy ACV in canada? i was thinking of hitting up shopper's drug mart sometime soon and was wondering if they might sell it there, or if i have to go somewhere specific or what.

I got some 'cider vinegar', i couldn't find any 'apple cider vinegar'.

Am i right that this is the same thing? I'm pretty darn sure but there's nothing to lose by asking.

I got some 'cider vinegar', i couldn't find any 'apple cider vinegar'.

Am i right that this is the same thing? I'm pretty darn sure but there's nothing to lose by asking.

Hi Listener,

Cider vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar should be exactly the same.

Good luck!

HappyGurl :)

Good luck!

Hi Moojamba!

Thanks for sharing your observations. Come to think of it, I was recently sick with a bad cold, but I didn't have much phlegm or coughing. Just a lot of sniffling! Hmm...I wonder...

I have read that ACV helps to break down mucous deposits in the body...but then again, I've read that ACV can cure everything under the sun, but I can't really vouch for its validity in those departments. I know it helped my skin, but it would be irresponsible for me to tout it as a cure-all. :)

Good luck!

Happygurl :)

Can someone recommend me a way of using ACV topically?

Also should I drink it and use it topically at the same time to maximize results??

Thanks in advance.

Hi Val 222211,

I don't know if using it topically + internally yields better or worse results than just one alone...sorry I can't be more helpful! I only use it internally, and it seems to work for me beautifully, but I've heard others say they use it only topically and it really helps.

Maybe try both and let us know how it works for you??

Good luck!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a little tip regarding the TASTE of ACV, for those who find it repulsive. :)

Try mixing the ACV with SELZER WATER. Tastes much better. ACV flavors the water, so it ends up tasting much like sparkling cider.

Just an idea! If anyone knows of any information regarding ACV not being as effective in seltzer water as in regular H2O, please let me know!

Good luck,

I'm not sure if this was shared, but I have a video on my site specifically showing how to mix ACV with water.

(its really not that complicated, but it gives you an idea of the quantity)

http://www.acneisdead.com/acv-acid-cider-vinegar-acne.php

Hey Kaybee!

Thanks so much for posting the link. That is EXACTLY how I mix ACV with a bottle of water. The only difference is that I do it by "drops." I take a small squeeze bottle, where I store my ACV, and use about 20 drops for a .5Liter bottle, 30-35 drops for a 1L bottle, and 50 drops for a 1.5 L. The system usually works pretty well for me, and I end up with the right ratio of ACV that I can handle with no problem.

Thanks so much for your contribution.

Good luck!