Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aminah

Creams to help fade scarring???

ok, i was wondering if anyone had tried any of the creams out there that are supposed to help reduce scaring?

Theres 'FADE OUT', which i tried for a while but didn't really stick to it over a long period of months to notice a significant difference!

I'v been reading up on 'ELICINA' and was actually thinkng that it might work!!

Has anyone tried this new, glorious, life changing 'ELICINA' scar treatment cream! i know different people will get different results and it depends on the extent of your scaring but if it appears to show some difference its surley worth trying!

Let us now what you think!!

Cheerz, xx

Guest Tracy
I'v been reading up on 'ELICINA' and was actually thinkng that it might work!!

Guest brendagail

I used Elicina for several months and did not notice any improvement. Don't waste your money.

Brenda

BUGGER!

do you mean this thread: mandelic acid used in conjunction with Benzoyl peroxide?

because there are 108 pages of scar teatments and honestly my mind will go bleh if i have to look through them all!

i thought that the Elicina stuff was going to work! bugger, bugger, bugger!

Guest Scorpioness

I bought three jars of this stuff, and I have a full, unopened jar that has been sitting under my sink for a year. I thought this stuff would work, because a lady on the old absolute board who I really respected said some of her small icepicks completely disappeared while using Elicina. I used it for well over a year and all it did was break me out... I had put it on a couple of cysts I had back then and they scarred worse than any other scar I have. In fact, not even the saline injections have helped raise those two particular very deep scars.... I think the collagen has been totally destroyed and there is nothing left of the dermis in those spots. I feel that the culprit is definately elicina, because I've had worse cysts before and none have scarred as deep.

I bought 3 jars of the stuff. I used 2 of it, and still have 1 to go. To be honest with you, I don't see any improvements. I can see that it softened up my scars but what good is that. I want to get rid of em, not have soft scars. Dammit, help!

](*,)

I used Elicina for 6 or 7 months with absolutely NO improvement [-( to my scarring. It did make my skin soft, but that was it.

I second the mandelic acid usage. =D> Scan over the first few pages of posts. There are a lot of options out there for topical use and you can get very honest opinions from very knowledgable people.

Also check out the FAQ's, the moderators have put together a really comprehensive starting place for people on this board. HTH!

biggrin.gif/