Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gigglebox

Aubrey Nicole Minerals (new website)

The Aubrey Nicole site has a new look, very nice. They are also automatically deducting 20% from the order total for the holidays! I'll buy anything that's 20% off :) Not sure if I am allowed to post a link for the AN site or if this post will get pulled, but I'll try (aubreynicole.com)

I finally ordered some Joppa from their eBay store - want to compare it to AN since they both have Kaolin Clay. I emailed Aubrey and she said that she only uses a small amount of Kaolin in her products because it can make it hard to blend and sometimes give too much coverage and leave the skin sticky, especially for women who don't need so much. I know that there are alot of compliments on Joppa's great coverage (which I need) so going to compare the two. I hope my order comes quickly, lots of good feedback on eBay. Can't wait.

Heather

i've been using AB for a a couple of weeks, want to see how my skin reacts before I buy more products from them. But their customer service was topnotch.

I did have a Joppa full coverage sample and it did feel a tad sticky and caked on any pimples that were sort of drying out and flakey, but its good coverage on just red marks where there are no bumps.

my chin is the area where i have the most difficulty with applying makeup that makes it look natural without any caking.

I didn't want to create a new thread... haha, so I am reusing an old one.

So, AN's message board were down a while ago. And it looks like they are giving up 20% discount coupons to anyone who registered before that. I didn't register back then.... bleh

They posted the info in their message forum under " About our Message Forum!" and they also tell us to watch out for a 20% discount before christmas.

I just saw where Aubrey Nicole is offering foundation at 1/2 price when you buy a starter kit! That would be two full size foundations and their starter kits seem pretty reasonable. I think I'd be set for makeup for like a year! Only thing is I got a starter kit recently with the brushes, so now I only need the products, not the brushes. I'd like to see them offer the 1/2 price on a second foundation if you ordered one full size. I may email them, doesn't hurt to ask. And their .99 cents samples are back that you can add on to their custom kits. I like the samples there because their nice pretty big square sample jars that are sealed on the outside as well as on the sifter. and they come in a pretty little gauze bag. I wish they'd bring them back totally.

Alot of the samples I've gotten lately are either tiny jars with no labels that are semi filled or baggies with handwritten names on them. I really hate those baggies, so messy and half of the small amount of sample gets stuck to the inside of the bag and never reaches my face. Feels like a waste. But I am enjoying all the samples that I've been getting lately. Makes me appreciate the really good ones! And I do have a nice little list of good ones that I will order from in the future. Plus looking forward to the Whole Foods brand too!

Heather

I bought some foundation from smokeymountainminerals (I think that's it) for $9.95 for a 20 gram jar!!!!! That will pretty much last me for a few years and I got it on a super great sale, plus free shipping! Can't get any better than that.

I like getting stuff for a good price, but I don't like having to buy a bunch of other stuff I don't really need just to get that good price.

True, I don't like having to buy a bunch of other stuff either. But the AN foundation is a full 30g jar for $14. That's a good deal because so many others sell 20g jars and they are so tiny you can barely get your kabuki in it.