Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Cica-care and skin with acne? What's the deal.

Hi everyone, so I've just bought one of those silicon thingy called Cica-Care, because I read they could improve the appearance of elevated scars, and I believe that I've got one right one my nose (why? because 1)it appeared after I squeezed several times a big big red and hurtful cyst on my nose and I've had it for mor ethan 3 years now2)it is red 3) it doesn't hurt when I touch it, in fact, it feels soft or something, if that's not an elevated scar then I don't know what is...).

But here's the deal, I've read that I shouldn't put it on acne and I do have some spots on my nose (not many, and around the scar it seems to be clear), so I was wondering if I could put it on it? And what would happen if it actually had some acne and I would put the silicon sheet on that "scar"?

And for the one who used it, I would also like to know if

1)Did it make the red colour fade or is it still red (because it's my biggest concern...)

2)Did you get some spots after putting it there?

Thanks for your answers, it's really important to me as that shit on my nose is what I really hate, more than my acne spots I think.

BUMP, I need help people!

I'm not a big fan of them, especially for the face. I don't think it will break you out but make sure and clean the area well before you put it on. I used them for awhile but my scars are still there and still get red.