Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZoeBee

HELP with these crusty pimples!

I'm currently using Diacneal on my clogged pores and BP 5% on my active pimples. I'm going crazy because I just CANNOT cover ANY pimple properly because my skin won't stop peeling around it. I put A TONNE of moisturizer but still 5 minutes later the foundation/conceiler crusts right up and almost looks WORSE than the pimple itself. I'm SICK OF IT can anyone help me pleeeease?! :pray:

Actually I wouldn't say "crust" like when you pop a pimple and the blood dries up - no, it's more like skin around it is flakey. Know what I mean?

Thanks.....

i have the same problem. Usually any type of crusty pimple on my chin area. Mineral makeup is better but it depends on the pimple (different from day to day) and the fact that I'm talking and stuff moves the chin area so it affects the makeup in that area.

sometimes just using a concealer in that area helps me.

I also started using jojoba oil but not sure how that's working.

try putting a bit of vaseline on the area, let it sit for a few minutes or longer than dab it off and then put the makeup on.

but I feel your pain. I'm trying to find new ways to cover the area better as well. I think less is more, but then there's the red factor but like you said, sometimes a red pimple is better than a flakey/cakey one.

From far away, the makeup covers and looks good but close up, not so good.

for me BP 5% burnt my skin, and BP 2.5% was still too harsh. I gave up BP about 3 months ago. I now use dilluted tea tree oil, if that's too dry then i add some jojoba oil to it, that seems to help better.

If it's just dead flaky dry skin, you could exfoliate is reeally gently to get rid of the flakes

Yes, that is what I have done. Then put a dab of neosporin or moisturizer on the pimple before applying your makeup.

thanks guys. I'm afraid to exfoliate because I don't wanna get the sebum flowing and breakout like mad. This weekend I just did not use BP at all and of course it was much less flakey.

I usually just have to avoid concelear in those areas... I apply my tinted mosturizer and then powder... but it actually is sometimes more noticeable when I try to conceal it

Guest blackheadben

put an itty bitty amount of vaseline under the concealer on the zit and that should help it go on smoother. Don't use too muich or else it won't work.

i like eucerin dry skin renewal as it has a small amount of lactic acid, i put it on flaky spots at night and in the morning they are much better. expecially if i wash gently with a wash cloth, the flakes seem to come away quite well. Harsh scrubbing is never a good idea!

I use tweezers as well. You just have to be careful not to remove the skin that actually does NOT want to come off...if that makes any sense. Just gently pull off the dead skin with the tweezers and then add plenty of moisturizer. Then add a little concealer and try not to play too much with it because it will settle into the cracks and make it look worse.

Get a microfiber cloth and use that to wash your face a couple times a week. But just do it gently and the exfoliation should be enough. Then get some jojoba oil and apply it afterward (a light layer). It's the closest to your natural oil.

You can also try the oil cleansing method which I love. I think that and mineral makeup have improved my skin tremendously.

Get a microfiber cloth and use that to wash your face a couple times a week. But just do it gently and the exfoliation should be enough. Then get some jojoba oil and apply it afterward (a light layer). It's the closest to your natural oil.

You can also try the oil cleansing method which I love. I think that and mineral makeup have improved my skin tremendously.

what is "the oil cleansing method"?

do you mean applying oil after cleansing, as you described here?

or do you mean putting some oil on a microfiber cloth and gently wiping that on your face to cleanse (without rinsing)?

also where would one buy a microfiber washcloth? i can't find supersoft cloths anywhere.. i ended up settling for some "baby washcloths" at target, but they're really no different from any other 100% cotton towel. :doh:

I don't use anything on the microfiber cloth. I found the one I use in the dishtowel section at Kmart 2 for $3 or something like that. They were pretty big so I cut it into 4 pieces and have two for face and two for body. I only use this 2-3 times a week in the morning with a Dove soap and moisturize with a light layer of jojoba oil after. Oh, and you don't want to scrub a lot with this. I did that at first and it kind of gave me a "burn" feel because it really really exfoiliates.

As for the oil cleansing method, I use a mixture of 1/2 castor oil and 1/2 extra virgin olive oil. I massage it in, rinse with hot water, massage more, and wipe it clean with a regular cloth. I do this daily. There's no oily residue and I think the mixture of this and mineral makeup have totally cleared up my skin. I'm not really as oily during the day anymore and I attribute to this cleansing method.

interesting stuff... thanks for explaining. :)

hmm... i actually have some microfiber dish cloths myself, that i got at costco a few years ago and never used most of them. so they're brand new, and could work. but i was thinking maybe they'd be too rough.

funny, i did the exact same thing with my baby washcloths -- i cut them into fours. those things are ridiculously large, and much harder to control full-sized.

I don't know about the costco ones, but the one I have was soft to the touch, but when you rub it along your skin, it catches the dry areas. I just don't use it daily. I don't "scrub" with it either. I really like them. I think it's even made the skin on my body shinier and I've said byebye to the rough elbows.

dang. I know the feeling. the best thing to get you through this, which isn't going to cure the problem necessarily but will make it more bearable.....

exfoliate gently day and night with a little scrubber and dab on WELEDA (found at natural whole food stores) on the pimples.....