Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roots

Facial Hair

Hey!

My facial hair is growing (slowly), and im 18 years old. SHould I start shaving? I think im getting some bumps because of it since I stopped having acne in my forehead and Im just with bumps in the zones where im getting facial hair. Should I start shaving with the razor? im scarred of irritation. Which advices to shave? (im on the dip regime)

I heard that I should splash my face with hot water then put the gel in circular moves and then shave, after that I should pass my face in cold water?

i use benzoyl peroxide on the area where i shave. if the bumps aren't that bad, i would try putting it on for like five minutes and then rinsing it off. i've tried a lot of razor bump creams and none of them really seem to work as well as bp.

I only shave when I have a good amount of stubble, which is after maybe 4 or 5 days. I shave while I'm in the shower because it seems to limit the irritation.

Since I choose to be bald, I shave my head everyday, with that I also shave away moustach and beard hair. Ive been doing this for years, i'm never irritated. The irritation is normal in the beginning but goes away after a couple of days/weeks depending on your skintype. Taking a shower before you shave will help make your hairs softer and easier to remove, also makes your skin less prone to irritation.