Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
propassiv

Look what Proactiv did to my face! - Check out the Video version of Propassiv.com

Hi All,

Thank you to all of you who visited my original thread on what Proactiv Solution did to my face. It would have probably been appropriate to post this in my original thread, but I wanted you guys to have a fresh look. For those of you who have not read my original thread, here's a quick rundown:

I used Proactiv Solution in June 2005 and over the next several months, I suffered severe outbreaks of skin lesions and cystic acne. When I reported my injuries to Proactiv representatives, they advised me to continue using the product and even sold me additional products, which only worsened my condition. The issue is not whether Proactiv works or not, but what matters is the lack of accountability taken by the manufacturer and its affiliates! As a result, I created a website, http://www.propassiv.com, that outlines my experience with the product. (Note: I am not selling or advertising any product on my site.)

Anyway, I recently just made a video to compliment my website and posted it on YouTube for those interested . Please check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3tM2Ruadw

Chris

sorry to say this, but this is bordering on spam/flooding.

most of us hate proactiv here, and know that it's bad for you (and expensive).....

really, no need to repeat over and over, you'll get your posts removed then no one will see your story!

how do i delete this post so that i can just add to the original thread?

sorry to say this, but this is bordering on spam/flooding.

most of us hate proactiv here, and know that it's bad for you (and expensive).....

really, no need to repeat over and over, you'll get your posts removed then no one will see your story!

its kinda ur fault that u decided to use proactiv. proactiv messed up my face and i blame myself for that. proactiv never forced you to buy or use their products.

Wow. That's nasty.

I'm sorry about your experience, propassive.

I used to use it and thought it helped quite a bit. I was much worse back then.

I grew tired of the expense so I switched to Panoxyl 5% gel. It seemed to work much better so I dropped the Proactive products. It was quite illuminating trying to discontinue their service. They did everything they could to talk me out of dropping it. I really didn't want a 10 minute sales pitch. At the end, quite fatigued by the agent's tactics, I told her I would not pick up their packages at the post office and I would reject their charge on my Visa bill. This seemed to bring things around. At least then she just pitched the idea of sending a maintenance dose every two months. I rejected that offer and she was OK about that.

The Panoxyl worked much better for me but I stopped doing that too.

I ended up having some life changing health problems and now I'm exercising a lot and eating much better. That has made as much of a difference as the Panoxyl did. Now I'm as good as I ever was.

Is your skin oily? It looks like it might be. My skin is real oily. I found the repairing solution actually reduced my oiliness a little bit.

I don't blame you for being upset. That's nasty. I hope you have it sorted out. There is a lot of really good help right here on this site.

- Mad Dog

ProActiv should have known better to tell you to keep using its product when you were obviously having a bad reaction; that's how lawsuits get started and business gets lost. If you've been using a product for a while and notice a consitant worsening in your skin that you feel may be linked to that product (no matter how well it may work for other people) you should stop using that product immediately and see your doctor, but I guess you know that now.

I really don't know how to make myself any clearer to those few who just don't get it. I'm just happy at least most people understand the message I am trying to get across.

GRAPESRGOOD: Again, as in the video and website and post, the issue is NOT whether Proactiv works or not, but that I was advised by the Proactiv representatives to CONTINUE using their product despite the injuries that I reported. Being that it's their product and that they deal with my type of reports daily, I trusted that they knew what they were talking about. Apparently, I was wrong! They even sold me additional products telling me, with great confidence, that their product would make my face better; unfortunately, my condition just got even worse. What matters most is the lack of accountability taken by the manufacturer and its affiliates. So, again, IT'S NOT WHETHER PROACTIV WORKS OR NOT!!! Had the representatives advised me to STOP using their product and to consult with a dermatologist the first time I complained about my breakouts, I would not have these scars on my face. But they insisted that I continued to use the product, as it varies by individual. And as I stated above, they even sold me additional products. These representatives basically said ignore the warning labels and keep using our product, in fact, buy more of it. And if you still have not understood, the ISSUE IS NOT WHETHER PROACTIV WORKS OR NOT, BUT THE LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY TAKEN BY THE MANUFACTURER AND ITS AFFILIATES.

Let me know if you are still having difficulty understanding this. I will try my best to make it even simpler.

its kinda ur fault that u decided to use proactiv. proactiv messed up my face and i blame myself for that. proactiv never forced you to buy or use their products.

I don't know if this will help you, but stop using the products or anything that can be harsh on your skin

Right now all i do is use cetaphil 1-2 times a day and use the aspirin mask

For moisturizing.. i just use olay moisturizer for sensitive skin

Trust me my skin has gone bad from from overusing/trying so many products .. i tried everything.. in the end the less was the best for me

BUT everyone's skin is diff.. so talk to a doctor first to see what he thinks..or u can read around in this forum and see what would work for you.

Thanks for your reply. After Proactiv, I underwent Accutane and my face is clear of acne; however, I have been left with scars. I've used the cetaphil, and I think it's a really good face wash - very soft and silky and gentle to the skin.

I don't know if this will help you, but stop using the products or anything that can be harsh on your skin

Right now all i do is use cetaphil 1-2 times a day and use the aspirin mask

For moisturizing.. i just use olay moisturizer for sensitive skin

Trust me my skin has gone bad from from overusing/trying so many products .. i tried everything.. in the end the less was the best for me

BUT everyone's skin is diff.. so talk to a doctor first to see what he thinks..or u can read around in this forum and see what would work for you.

That is really insensitve man. Don't say garbage like that. Pro-activ should be more responsible with what they do with the livelyhood and the welfare of taking care of the complexion of beauty. If Pro-Activ does not know how to take care of acne, they should not advertise its products make millions, make a slight inroad into the recovery of acne then for the rest of the human populace let them suffer without having any answers.

Keith

Do you think they are really evil people and preying on the people with acne ("those sad sacks will throw down just about any amount of $$$ to have a clear face")?

I'm asking a serious question... one which I don't have the answer for.

Do any of the cleansers, moisturizers, lotions, potions or salves sold by Neutrogena, Proactiv, and the rest really do anything to combat acne or is it just a way for them to line their pockets?

Sometimes I feel like I'm dropping $14 for a couple of ounces of watered down glue.

Do you think they are really evil people and preying on the people with acne ("those sad sacks will throw down just about any amount of $$$ to have a clear face")?

I'm asking a serious question... one which I don't have the answer for.

Do any of the cleansers, moisturizers, lotions, potions or salves sold by Neutrogena, Proactiv, and the rest really do anything to combat acne or is it just a way for them to line their pockets?

Sometimes I feel like I'm dropping $14 for a couple of ounces of watered down glue.

No, I don't think Pro-Activ are evil in that sense. All roads towards evil are led by good intentions. And this is just another example. Attention to detail or too little attention to detail is really what Pro-activ is really at fault for. There are many products now that are much more effective(Duac) than they are because they use a combination type therapy that uses other chemicals besides BP. BP is not exactly the safest chemical in the world and can cause redness. etc(cancer in mice).

There is a risk-benefit to this BP thing. Bp is very potent killing almost everyt organic material in sight, however there is a cost to it.

Anyway, Pro-Activ should be aware of those costs and measure the balance to see if the what percentage of BP is effective for treating acne without causing major irratation. Too little BP might not be potent enough leading to more agony for those consumers. once again combination therapy seems like a much better alternative. Also Pro-Activ should also direct its clients to refridgerate most of its products. Leaving products in room temperature is like a trojan horse. All the bacteria fill inside the products rendering the medication someone impotent. Believe me, it has happened to me.