Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bid

Under-eye issues. . .

I've always had issues with BP somehow seeping upward into my under-eye area and causing wrinkles and excessive dryness, but I've always been able to somewhat keep it to a minimum by applying the now-defunct Eucerin miracle potion moisturizer that everyone loved to the areas before applying BP around the other areas of my face with great caution. Now that I'm no longer using it, I've tried to maintain this routine to unfortunate results. . . And I'm kind of stumped as to how to handle it. I'm thinking the worsening of the areas under my eyes can be relateld to any part of the regimen: the Cetaphil cleanser really overdries and tightens my skin like crazy (could that be having the negative effect?); the lack of Eucerin in my life protecting the areas under my eyes (could that be it?); or could the moisturisers I've been rubbing under my eyes actually be counterproductive altogether by somehow producing the negative effects itself? Or maybe all of the above?

All I know is that I'm 19 and the wrinkles under my eyes are painful embarassing when I smile, and I want Eucerin back!

I'm sure you already know this but I feel compelled to say it. Those eye "wrinkles" are probably just dehydrated skin, unless you are old like me! lol.

The closest substitute I have found for Eucerin Skin Renewal is Lac-Hydrin Five. It is a bit thicker than Eucerin, but it has 5% lactic acid in it and it is pretty good at hydrating.

Also, if you feel the Cetaphil cleanser is part of the problem, try another one. I've been using Johnson & Johnson's Head to Toe Baby wash as my face wash and I love it. It is very similar to Purpose wash only much cheaper and a much larger bottle. Dan's cleanser is also very good and non-drying.

And make sure you are keeping the BP away from any area near your eyes.

I've always had issues with BP somehow seeping upward into my under-eye area and causing wrinkles and excessive dryness, but I've always been able to somewhat keep it to a minimum by applying the now-defunct Eucerin miracle potion moisturizer that everyone loved to the areas before applying BP around the other areas of my face with great caution. Now that I'm no longer using it, I've tried to maintain this routine to unfortunate results. . . And I'm kind of stumped as to how to handle it. I'm thinking the worsening of the areas under my eyes can be relateld to any part of the regimen: the Cetaphil cleanser really overdries and tightens my skin like crazy (could that be having the negative effect?); the lack of Eucerin in my life protecting the areas under my eyes (could that be it?); or could the moisturisers I've been rubbing under my eyes actually be counterproductive altogether by somehow producing the negative effects itself? Or maybe all of the above?

All I know is that I'm 19 and the wrinkles under my eyes are painful embarassing when I smile, and I want Eucerin back!

Okay, now this is what I went through when I was on the regimen and it was making me upset enough to quit. The skin around my eyes was sooo dehydrated no matter what I did. I was really carefull not to get any BP anywhere near my eye area, but these "wrinkles" still persisted. It was honestly horible :( every tiem I would smile I would have HUGE lines around my eyes and they would stay there liek indents and would only subside a little bit if I didnt smile... so I stopped smiling, quit the regimen and was miserable. :( It took my skin... well maybe I should say it is STILL taking my skin 5-6 months to recover from 7 months of BP usage. It was a great regimen at first cause it cleared me 100% for months, but in the end it wasnt worth the wrinkles :(. I am thankful the regimen gave me clear skin for a while though because I had a great time and had fun for those 7 months... who knows maybe all good things come to an end sooner or later. Sorry for being so pessmistic... I just had a relaly bad experience with BP, soo I'm just being honest. Good luck with your regimen hopefully you can find somethign that will keep the dehydrated skin at bay.

Thanks for the replies, you guys. I really appreciate it. tdot, I'm both upset for you and glad at the fact that I'm not the only one with this problem. . . I've always viewed it as the one and only downfall of Dan's otherwise perfect solution to acne, but I'm starting to possibly consider another element to this problem. I believe that I've become so accustomed to the supreme moisturizing capabilities of Eucerin that I've let a bad, skin-drying cleanser go unnoticed in my two-year-long regimen use. Now that Eucerin's out of the picture, the negative effects of my cleanser (Cetaphil) are beginning to grow apparent in the excessive dryness of my skin and increasing wrinkles. I realized this following a day of only cleansing and moisturizing and noticing things still looking somewhat worse. . .

Maybe my conclusions are wrong, but after switching cleansers and stopping the BP, we'll see. I'mma be drinking as much water as possible too!

I had the undereye problem before.. but now I just don't put BP anywhere NEAR that area and always keep it moisturized and its fine :)

Right, but my problem is that my acne tends to surface right below the under-eye area, upon the upper area of my cheeks, near the nose. . .

I use jojoba oil in the eye area & it's a pretty good moisturizer. I apply it before BP all over my face & eye area & then am careful to keep BP out of the eye area. Then I use an eye gel by Clarins after BP dries.

You could also try a thick eye cream (but be sure to keep it to the eye area), Aveeno makes a nice, relatively inexpensive one. Apply a lot in your eye area & leave it on while applying BP so that it acts as a barrier for the BP. When done, dab off the excess cream on top & any BP that might've mixed in should come off without having touched your eye area.

Apply a lot in your eye area & leave it on while applying BP so that it acts as a barrier for the BP. When done, dab off the excess cream on top & any BP that might've mixed in should come off without having touched your eye area.

I used to do this all the time in the past -- it's really quite brilliant, and I don't know why I've let that routine go over time. . . Thanks for the advice. I'm surprised and glad to see people coming up with the same crazy methods as me.