Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I haven't been able to talk to girls at all since I have had acne, but even when I look clear, I have no self confidence. That is what all my time is devoted to, looking for the negative in everything. I want to change so badly, but anyway back to the subject. I am in high school, and of course everything is - this girl is hott, this girl is going out with this guy, I "hooked-up" with this girl last night. But me, I don't have a girlfriend and haven't "hooked-up" with a girl in a while. Me and my boys will go out, and most of the time they will talk to a specific girl or go make-out with her. Me I just sit there and rot. It hurts me soo bad. I know older people will say, Its not important in highschool. But to me, not having someone to care for or love, gosh it hurts. What do i do, I really don't know how to talk to girls, and although I am attractive, I have acne in my way. Gosh this sucks, I know things could be worse, but I really don't think I will ever find a partner.

O well, anything will help,

~Chris :doubt:

I always feel like that, I say to myself: why would anyone like me? I have nothing to offer..

but I know that we will find the one, sooner or later ;) cheer up sweetie, don't compare yourself to your friends =)

I hope I find someone soon. This is really getting rediculous. I want to be with someone before I'm 21.

you will be more lonely as you get older. you better practice macking.

Whats macking?

I always feel like that, I say to myself: why would anyone like me? I have nothing to offer..

but I know that we will find the one, sooner or later ;) cheer up sweetie, don't compare yourself to your friends =)

I guess, It just hurts when there's no1 to love or carefore.( except your family)

Soo lonely, at least your pretty, I can't even get that!

I guess, It just hurts when there's no1 to love or carefore.( except your family)

Soo lonely, at least your pretty, I can't even get that!

believe me, I'm FAR from pretty, pics lie :(

Here's one thing i've realized when dealing with women.

If you THINK you're going to be lonely, chances are, you probably WILL be. Get that 'im not good enough for anyone' mentality out of your head, and I guarentee you things will fall into place. All of my past GF's that i've had in my life were from me going out there and just not caring ... any point in my life where I was depressed (like now) .. is where I usually lack the most in social contact from girls.

I don't believe that for a second. Your hot, end of story.;)

If you THINK you're going to be lonely, chances are, you probably WILL be. Get that 'im not good enough for anyone' mentality out of your head, and I guarentee you things will fall into place. All of my past GF's that i've had in my life were from me going out there and just not caring ... any point in my life where I was depressed (like now) .. is where I usually lack the most in social contact from girls.

i agree. i'm just real picky looks wise but then when i see a hottie i get scared :\.

I don't believe that for a second. Your hot, end of story. ;)

:wub: ,

i still think im fugly :razz:

good advice

good advice

True...So true. Thanks, so your saying what you think is who u are, I love it.

Any ways to raise self-confidence, or are you saying as long as you think your confident u are?

What about acne, how can you be confident with that, I always go up to a girl and think she is going to ridicule me, thats my biggest problem.

Girls care a lot less then you think, I speak from personal experience. And if a girl really does care about your acne, then your seriously better off staying away from her.

good advice

True...So true. Thanks, so your saying what you think is who u are, I love it.

Any ways to raise self-confidence, or are you saying as long as you think your confident u are?

What about acne, how can you be confident with that, I always go up to a girl and think she is going to ridicule me, thats my biggest problem.

Raising self confidence is just one of those things you have to do for youreslf. Unfortunately, my words probably won't help much, because everytime I read articles on the net on how to pick up girls, they never helped me either. For me, I Just need motivation. I would probably never have the courage to just walk up to a girl and get her number ....however, if I had friends around me who kept pushing me to do it, I probably would. The things that helped me best throughout my life were joining theatre in high school ... it really helped me with my social skills, and overall shaped me into the person i am today.

Skin issues are tricky to deal with it. You can always use concealer if need be. Other than that, I don't know really how to help with that, since im in the same boat as of now.

I haven't been able to talk to girls at all since I have had acne, but even when I look clear, I have no self confidence. That is what all my time is devoted to, looking for the negative in everything. I want to change so badly, but anyway back to the subject. I am in high school, and of course everything is - this girl is hott, this girl is going out with this guy, I "hooked-up" with this girl last night. But me, I don't have a girlfriend and haven't "hooked-up" with a girl in a while. Me and my boys will go out, and most of the time they will talk to a specific girl or go make-out with her. Me I just sit there and rot. It hurts me soo bad. I know older people will say, Its not important in highschool. But to me, not having someone to care for or love, gosh it hurts. What do i do, I really don't know how to talk to girls, and although I am attractive, I have acne in my way. Gosh this sucks, I know things could be worse, but I really don't think I will ever find a partner.

O well, anything will help,

~Chris :doubt:

Chris I used to worry about this like you. I still have been on the bench when it comes to girls. I had my experiences with girls 3 yrs ago lol and have been side lined since. Now i just can't seem to like a girl or even think of trying to talk to/date one.

But I dont worry anymore. Its not my problem anymore. not to sound arrogant, but its true.

Why should I worry about finding a girl? i know where im going, I got a good head on my shoulders, and I know when I find the right woman for me I'll treat her like a queen and give her a good life. But until then, let a girl worry about finding me.

Quick reference. Theres a pretty boy kid in m math class. He's a few inches taller than me, good lookin, and smooth, and he's cool. He can get any girl he wants. He's arrogant though, all he cares about is hooking up with girls, then when he gets a gf, he'll get tired of he in a few months and then go for a new girl. Anyway, this kid can have any girl, 9 out of 10 girls would choose this kid over me anyday, and this is on a GOOD day (otherwise all 10 would choose him). Im not saying im the ugliest kid in the class, but he's taller better lookin, and just over all cool, im so laid back it can sometimes look like im shy.

Anyway this kid can have pretty much any girl over me, I used to be i guess envious of this. now guess what? Let him have every girl over me that he wants lol. And I feel bad for any girls that go for him, cause its a mistake. He's arrogant and dont care and will let any girl down. but let these girls make the mistake of goin for him, not my problem.

Well, dont feel bad..I'm 21 and almost all my friends are engaged... :doubt:

And I feel like I'm going to be the old cat lady

It's ok to have long time partners, but to be engaged at 21?

Your young and pretty, don't be sad that your not engaged, go out and have fun! Engagement in a very serious step in a relationship, why would you want to practically be totally committed to someone before you've had time to meet other people? You will find that person in time, just don't rush. So many people find the wrong thing that way.

If you do nothing you have a 0% chance.

If you ask you have at least a 50% chance.

Nothing ventured nothing gained, kinda like complaining that you never win the lotto when you've never actually bought a ticket. Seriously what is the worst that could happen? She could say no. I don't think she'd say "No you have acne". What's the best that could happen? She could say yes. But as long as you sit and do nothing, nothing is what you will get.

Einstein had a wonderful statement. He had definition of insanity which went something like this...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

SO in this case insanity is doing nothing over and over again.

but thats the problem. I keep trying for the women, but i expect different results, and therefore cant get one.

As far as a girl not saying "no you have acne" It's happened be4 and mine wasn't even bad when she said that. Ahh, w/e

Guest T-Virus

My standards seem to have gotten higher since I got acne :confused: Is that weird?

My standards seem to have gotten higher since I got acne :confused: Is that weird?

No it's actually pretty normal. The human mind creates a barrier for us, it's a way of suppressing defeat. What I mean is it's like this. It's a way of limiting rejection. "nah they're not my type" in essence means "I can handle rejection right now". So our mind elevates our standards sometimes to the point where teh standards are unmeetable, and thereby you don't have to fear rejection since no-body meets your standards anyway...

Very often the perfect person for us is the last person we would consider.

Guest T-Virus

No it's actually pretty normal. The human mind creates a barrier for us, it's a way of suppressing defeat. What I mean is it's like this. It's a way of limiting rejection. "nah they're not my type" in essence means "I can handle rejection right now". So our mind elevates our standards sometimes to the point where teh standards are unmeetable, and thereby you don't have to fear rejection since no-body meets your standards anyway...

A lot of people feel better about themselves when they see someone that's less attractive then they are. But that's only normal. However, I think I would feel better about myself if I was in a relationship with someone more attractive than me.

A lot of people feel better about themselves when they see someone that's less attractive then they are. But that's only normal. However, I think I would feel better about myself if I was in a relationship with someone more attractive than me.

Absolutely' it's like a trophy a reassurance of who we are. Now the question is these women (men?) that are in your elevated standards category, are you taking the steps and asking them out?