Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can u take liver supporting vitamins and liquids while on accutane to help against liver damage?

has anyone taken any vitamins or liquids that help while on accutane to lesson the side effects. like scaring? or dryness? etc.

thanks

can u take liver supporting vitamins and liquids while on accutane to help against liver damage?

has anyone taken any vitamins or liquids that help while on accutane to lesson the side effects. like scaring? or dryness? etc.

thanks

lol dont do that shit. Those things are hoaxs. I learned that alot of times you try to do this and that thinking it helps your body, but in reality its not doing shit. Just drink alot of water, take some vitamin E tablets if your derm tells you to, and thats it. dont strat puttin shit that you dont know what it is into your body to help clean your liver. That stuff is nothing but shit and doesn't work. Trust me.

thanks

If you get tested monthly, you will not get liver damage because the bloodwork will show changes well before there is any damage.

For scarring you can keep the area moisturized and DON'T PICK!

For dryness, keep moisturized and lightly exfoliate with a wash cloth in the shower. Don't rub too hard. Or when you get out or the shower, use your towel to rub off the flakes. But, again, not too hard.

HTH,

Platinum

thanks

If you read the drug information for isotretinoin, the only thing to avoid you'll see mentioned is the tetracycline-type antibiotics. There is nothing else I've seen that is contraindicated.

Milk Thistle has some legitimate medical studies that have shown that in reasonable doses, it can lower liver enzymes. What I've seen is dosing of 200-400 mg/day of the silymarin portion of the milk thistle.

Once again, JMTuF1, I am asking you what type of evidence do you have to back your statements. Your statements are detrimental to this forum. Its ok to state your opinions but when you do, please do not make it sound like your 100% positive about it. How do you know that supplements do not work? Milk Thistle is a supplement that is linked to lowering liver enzymes based on medical studies. I dont know the effect it has with accutane, so I wouldn't go as far as saying take Milk Thistle, but when you say that its shit and doesnt work, then prove it! Show me a source other then what your Mom has told you. By all means, continue to give your uneducated opinions but stop telling people what to do because all your doing is misleading them with advice that has no emprical backing to it whatsoever! Thanks for your opinion tho.

I used milk thistle when my initial baseline bloodwork showed elevated liver enzymes from drinking too much. I also completely stopped drinking. My derm said she'd never seen elevated liver baselines fall so low in one month. Purely anecdotal, and i have no idea if it would have worked if i had kept drinking, or if the levels would have dropped that low without the milk thistle. But considering that milk thistle is reasonably well supported with data, i'm inclined to think that it helped.

i'm a big supporter of supplements etc.vitamins minerals, oils

just looking for what people used on tane :D

i know to avoid vitamin a.

i'm a big supporter of supplements etc.vitamins minerals, oils

just looking for what people used on tane :D

i know to avoid vitamin a.

As I mentioned above, I think milk thistle is legitimate (200-400 mg of silymarin) and EPA and DHA in fish oil has been shown to sometimes lower cholesterol (daily dose of 2 gms of the combined EPA and DHA - this is usually only a small portion of the total capsule and therefore you need to take many capsules to equal this). Liver and cholesterol are the two things possibly affected by accutane, so those are the two I'd look at.